main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Forwarding this from S Cruz board...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by mrcottonsparrot, Dec 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Hey all, I guess Kim forgot to post this over here, so I thought I'd TCB:
    Love, The Parrot

Date Posted: 12/10 10:10pm Subject: FIDM Costume Contest Congratulations!!! - Date Edited: 12/10 10:46pm (2 edits total) Edited By: Master--Kenobi

To our very own Anakin Skywalker (way to go Amy!) for taking Third Place in the FIDM Costume Contest. And the pics of Anakin, Clone Troopers, "Dead Jedi" and the execution of "Order 66" are absolutely hysterical.

Also, to our own Siri-Tachi for having one of her costume creations recognized at FIDM. Count Dooku took Second Place wearing the outfit she engineered and constructed for him. Congratulations, Barry, on your portrayal of the Count, and to Josie for having her remarkable sewing ability recognized at such a high level!

Sid and Mrs. Sid were not able to make it on that day due to *cough* *cough* other obligations. And Siri and I were still dealing with Mom's illness. However, it was nice to see that at least one of our members had not only one but two pieces of her work displayed. And the fact that one of those costumes placed was even nicer.

Congratulations again to all!
    From the Rest of the Council and the Members of the Santa Cruz FanForce

2. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    wow, what a lovely gesture from her.

thanks, MCP.

btw, just got the new insider. tell cherie that i enjoyed her article immensely! very well written, and good points about the themes of the costumes. well done! =D=

3. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    Thank you for posting that, it was very nice but not quite accurate. Barry did not win for costume but for best prop. The three judges were very impressed with his Dooku lightsabre.

The grand prize went to Charlotte for her Padme' which is wonderful. She did all that work by hand and from photos. I believe she said it took her over a year to complete. Incredible work.

I read the Insider article also so if you ever see Cherie, (Didn't you say in a post that you knew her at one time? Or did the two of you work together? I don't remember right now.) Tell her that it was very good.

Well, I am off to see about Christmas breakfast, even though the wizard is still in bed. Merry Christmas and glad tidings to all.

MP

4. Yodaa

Yodaa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    Wow... that was a very nice post.... and yes, the dooku saber was well deserving of this honor. He did it all by himself. Still amazes me sometimes at the talent of our very own Crazy_Old_Wizard. [:D] Congrats!!

5. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    I passed the kudos on to Cherie. The response so far has been very positive. A lot of fans have expressed appreciation for what they call a 'beefier' article (i.e. educational) being in SWI. It looks like she'll be doing some more.

The Parro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.