main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN FYI: Tales #21 (re: signing)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Nathan_P_Butler, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    If you're following the comic at all, ChronoRadio: Special Edition #2: The Making of a Tale was just released, and I'll be appearing as an interview guest on Star Wars en Direct #27 tonight.

ChronoRadio

Star Wars en Direct

2. Nur_Ab_Sal

Nur_Ab_Sal Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2004
    Man you are amazing, at last my favourite character
    Kyle, who was so neglected by crappy NJO authors, made
    his appearance in this era. Galaxy needed urgently true fan to refresh true adventure, we are all very proud of you pal...

Can't wait for another part of your production!

Maybe you'll resurrect other forgotten (but interesting and underused) star wars heroes? Like Nomi Sunrider, Master Arca or Kirana Ti etc. anyway you've given me New Hope.

3. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    If I happen to get a chance to do another, I'm not certain yet what I'd be looking at doing. Part of me wants to resurrect another pitch I was working on at the same time I was working on E&O, which could be adapted a tiny bit. (Already got LFL's nod, just not with the main character I'd originally intended.)

Another part of me wants to explore why Kyle and Jan were meeting with the Imperial leadership in the first place (which could be regular diplomatic stuff, as it's likely to be considered, or could be a mission of some kind, if I have the chance to write one).

And there's the bigger part of me that wants to explore an era between the TOTJ comics and the KOTOR video games, somehow tying the two storylines more closely together, perhaps with Padawan-aged Malak or something. Or to see ancestors of the Katarn bloodline. Something, y'know?

4. Nur_Ab_Sal

Nur_Ab_Sal Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2004
    The best way to tie TOTJ and KOTOR would be showing adventures of young Jolee Bindo, (although I think he was rather chasing girls than fighting in his best years).

Another good idea (personal opinion only), would be to present at last, adventures of Vima Sunrider. This is completely neglected star wars character. We hear all the time how famous jedi she became and how great her exploits were, yet we see her only as a little girl and that's over. Vima definitely deserves
    a cameo in Tales. And was she in the age of NJO-Luke
    during KOTOR?

Or maybe something about Marka Ragnos' reign and his duel with Simus? This guy is too mysterious!

The beginnings of Krath Society?

The Great Schism of the Force 20.000 years before ANH?

Two other gaps from TOTJ era, is story of Freedon Nadd
    (that was only summarized in TOTJ companion) how he succumbed to the darkness,discovered Yavin and later arrived at Onderon and founded darkside dynasty and story of the Great Droid Revolution on Coruscant that Master Arca stopped.

There are two fine girls from "Last Stand on Jabiim", that could be expanded (Aubrie Wyn and Leska) I'm eager to learn something about their past before they were killed.

Ideas are countless...I'd see Bastila's exploits that precedes KOTOR storyline, or Luke -Kam standoff between Dark Empire I and II. Or how Vima Da Boda lost daughter and fallen down. Or how Luke and Tionne first met together and saved Exis Station from plunging into nearby sun and then discovered ancient jedi library founded by Nomi Sunrider... etc etc.

Number of interesting gaps in the EU is unlimited!

No matter what you want to present, let's hope you'll get your chance...

PS. Considering how tough guy Kyle is, I think that his ancestors were definitively ancient mandalorians! Just look how Canderous Ordo is similar to Kyle...

5. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I've listened to both radio shows now, and was wondering if you would be willing to touch on some of the same stuff you said in both Chrono and En Direct while at the event?
    I'm thinking some of the history of the project, the creative process, dealing with lucasfilm, and possibly some things that you didn't (or weren't able to) say on these shows or elsewhere. If we get an interested crowd, maybe you could take a little time to talk about this kinda stuff. :)

6. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Sure, sure. Not quite sure how it'll all be handled, y'know? Never done anything like it.

7. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Thats cool, maybe something really informal. For most of us, this is our first time talking to anyone who has had some success in the Star Wars universe.

8. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I stopped by CQ today & gave Jim the press release. He will now forward to the media soon.

I will be getting the signs from Joe on Friday and we can start posting them.

9. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Less than a month now, boys and girls! :)

10. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Yes, and I wanted to post the flyer here:

Click me

It has been posted around the boards here in the midwest. And soon around Evansville, too. :)

11. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Oooh, I like that. Fun fun.

Of course, now I realize I have like 3 weeks to get my shiznit together and load up on CDs to burn copies of my "Making of a Tale" ChronoRadio episode. I have some "Butler Demo" CD-ROMs leftover from Dragon*Con, but I wanted to make some audio ones for non-computer folks too.

What sucks: It looks like I'm driving up that morning. Gonna have to be careful with my travel times so I don't end up showing up exhausted. :)

12. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    And so, the big long process of burning 25 - 50 copies of the "Making of a Tale" episode on CD begins . . .

One hour and counting...

;)

13. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    We are looking forward to it!!

14. TC517

May 14, 2001
    This event is gonna be great.
    I'm having my armor preassembled so it will be ready in time for the big day. :)

15. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Heh, cool.

I think I'm going with 27 copies of the CDs. Yeah, an odd number, but that's how many of my "Butler Demo" CD-ROMs I have left from Dragon*Con, and I'm going to package them as a set. One CD-ROM, one audio CD.

16. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    Excellent, Cole! The Imperial presence grows stronger in Southern Indiana.. The Emperor will be pleased. :)

-=joe=-

(edited - ha!!) ;)

17. Komill

Komill Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2004
    I'm sure the Emperor will be too. ;)

18. Edric-the-grey

Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2003
    I'll be there dressed in my Banker atire - which means I'll be a Dark Jedi.

I forget, though, what time this gig starts. Sadly, despite my many hours of leave time accumulated, it looks like I will not be able to leave early. The guy in charge is in such a mood, that if you even say hi to him, you get your head bit off and handed back in little pieces, which means I'm not going to ask.

Thank goodness for my little job at the TV station. At least that job is good.

Have a great week,

Edric

19. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    It's set to start at 5:30 I believe. You guys have any idea how long it'll go? What time does CQ close that night?

20. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    I would think a couple of hours or more...I don't know when Jim will boot us out...

Yeah 5:30 Edric...as if you couldn't have looked at earlier posts :p :)

21. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    WON,

Hardy har har. Yeah, I could have looked, but it was more fun to sound confused. :) Anyway, as it happens, I am off that entire day (something about my normal day off being on Christmas and having to have another day off or something. Whatever the case, I guess that the Force Was With Me).

I may still be late, if you're going to get "snippy", though. :) Just funnin........

Edric

22. TC517

May 14, 2001
    It's gonna be close for me and my armor. I'll definitely be there, but my stormtrooper armor didn't ship until Monday. It's coming from North Carolina I think... at least I'll have a body suit and blaster though! :)

23. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    ^^For the love of all that is holy, make sure you at least have a body suit and not a birthday suit. :)

lol

Peace,

Edric

24. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Reminder/Bumpity Bump -

Come one come all to the E'ville Jedi/Tales no. 21 comic signing with author Nathan Butler, the E'ville Jedi FanForce and members of the 501st legion costuming group.

Join us at Comic Quest on Morgan Ave. in Evansville on Wednesday Dec. 22nd at 5:30 PM.

It will be a fantastic time!!

25. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Yup! Just a few days now.

By the way, we may get some media coverage outside of the press release. A gent named Bennett got ahold of me the other day on a tip (from my mother no less, heh) about the comic and all the stuff, apparently as a follow-up to somethiung they did a while back on fan fiction. Presumably it'll show up in the Courier/Press sometime in the next few weeks. Maybe even before the signing, ey?

EDIT:

Actually it came out TODAY! Spectrum section!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.