main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena [Game] The Basketball Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 16, 2013.

1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Do we get the play-by-play?

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    This has been covered.

3. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    inty's working on that yak.

4. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    [​IMG]

C: Dwight Howard (37.6), Nate Thurmond(10.4)
    PF: Tim Duncan (38.8), Nate Thurmond(7.2) Dolph Schayes (2)
    SF: Elgin Baylor (35), James Worthy (10), Bobby Jones (3)
    SG: Oscar Robertson (42), Joe Dumars (6)
    PG: Bob Cousy (30), Anfernee Hardaway (13), Rajon Rondo (5)

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    PG- Iverson (25), Archibald (15), Wilkens (8)
    SG- Bryant (40), Hornacek (8)
    SF- Barry (24), Pierce (24)
    PF- Garnett (35), Rodman (13)
    C- Shaq (35), Love (10), Dikembe (3)

Good luck, tom.

tom likes this.
  6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

L.A. Courtsiders revised depth chart:

PG: Johnson (37)-Frazier (11)
    C: Olajuwon (32)-Reed (16)
    PF: McHale (30)- DeBusschere (18)
    SF: Durant (24)-Wilkins (14)-Horry (10)
    SG: Monroe (16)-Mullin (16)- Goodrich (16)

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    From the Palace of Auburn Hills, just outside of Detroit Michigan ...

L.A. Courtsiders 124, Blue Screen of Death 107

Chris Mullin had 6 of his 14 during a 9-0 run for the Courtsiders in the first six minutes of the game. From there, they were off and running and never looked back.

Magic Johnson fuled a high-octane Courtsider offense with 19 points and 11 assists, as he picked up player of the game honors. As a team, the Courtsiders shot an amazing 55.6% from the field, as Blue Screen of Death never got closer than 8 at any point in the second half.

With Magic as the playmaker on the perimeter, Kevin McHale was free to dominate as well. He went 7/8 from the field, while Kevin Durant added 18 points and Hakeem Olujuwan poured in 11. Blue Screen of Doom were never in it, using a 14-5 run to end the game to make the final score appear closer than it was. They were lead by a quiet 16 points from Bob Pettit, and a quiet 13/10 night from John Stockton.

Box Score:

[​IMG]

8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    It's so great to see Magic & McHale not disappointing, and the well balanced scoring/offensive efficiency my team has.

[​IMG]

DarthIntegral likes this.
  9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I think I may have found the solution to providing complete play-by-play. I'll try it on the next game and see.

10. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    From the Palace at Auburn Hills, just outside of Detroit, Michigan ...

Sahara Heat Wave 109, Honey Nut Cheerios 106

Dwight Howard pulled the rebound down. His fourteenth of the game. And, finally, he could celebrate.

Up by 7 with a minute to play, it looked like the Sahara Heat Wave would cruise to victory.

Honey Nut Cheerios had other ideas.

Charles Barkley hit a hook shot, and then Manu Ginobli hit a three from the left wing after Tim Duncan split two free throws to pull the Cheerios within three. After Howard split a pair of free throws, Moses Malone hit a shot to make it a two-point game. Bob Cousy then got in on the "split your free throws" game, and another great shot from Ginobli made it a one-point game with six seconds left.

This time, Oscar Robertson made both free throws, Ginobli missed the three-point attempt, and Howard grabbed the rebound to seal the victory, with just fractions of a second remaining.

Howard's monster game, earning him player of the game honors, featured 22 points and 14 rebounds. Tim Duncan also scored 22, and Elgin Baylor had 18 points and 14 rebounds. The three-headed interior monster was too much for Honey Nut Cheerios, despite 12 and 12 from Charles Barkley, 16 and 8 from Moses Malone, and 15 from Michael Jordan.

Check out the full play-by-play (I hope)

Box Score:

[​IMG]

11. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Play-by-play works for me.

12. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    TURNOVERS ARE KILLING MY TEAM.

Also I can't believe Michael Jordan blew a 10 point lead going into the fourth! Choker!

Though Pippen had a nice bounce back game. 11-7-6-4 with 3 treys.

edit: Most confusingly....why was Jordan not on the court for the end of the game? Isiah is my PG, not my coach!

edit2: NVM...apparently michael fouled out.

13. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Oh I thought I had drafted Oscar Robertson... Not Oscar the grouch.

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    the play by play works for me as well.

15. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Oh one suggestion I did have was to put the score after the recap so as to add to the suspense. Yeah.

16. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i thought of a suggestion for the next draft, but dunno if you'd want to hear it now or wait til we're done.

17. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  18. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Just read the recap of my game. I wanna fire my coach. And Bob Cousy. And Jordan didn't foul out till the final minute.

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    My apologies for not getting games up last night. I'll almost certainly get them up tonight.

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    From the Boston Garden, in Boston Massachusetts ...

Midland City Gutless Wonders 113, Game...Blouses 100

Wilt Chamberlain didn't take long to establish himself as the player of the game. He scored 6 of his 33 points in the first quarter, and pulled in six of his 19 rebounds as he helped the Gutless Wonders to a dominant first quarter that they rode to victory.

Adding Chris Paul's 17 points and 9 assists to Wilt's monster game gave Midland City and inside/outside combo that the Blouses had no answer for.

The Blouses got it back to within 6 midway through the second quarter, but an 8-2 run fueled by Larry Bird put the kibosh on that idea, as Bird scored four of his 9 in that mini run. The Blouses continued to fight back, however, and got it within two going into the half. The coach will need to explain why Kareem Abdul Jabbar was the one taking the three at the buzzer that could have given them the lead at the half, when better options seemed to be on the court.

A nice drive to the basket by Karl Malone briefly tied the game up at 55, but the Wilt/Paul Inside/Outside combo struck for the next five points. That was part of an 11-2 run (featuring a total of 6 points by Wilt) that put the Gutless Wonders back in control. From there, the Blouses never got within 10 points again.

The inside presence of Karl Malone (23 points, 8 rebounds) and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (20 points, 8 rebounds) lead the way for Game...Blouses in a losing effort.

Complete Play-by-Play

Box Score:

[​IMG]

21. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Nice outing by English--I wonder why he got 35 minutes when Bird had 0 fouls.

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    From the Boston Garden, in Boston, Massachusetts

Bruce willis 120, We Talkin' Bout Practice 93

With a 4-0 lead and their opponents not making a shot from the field for the first 2-and-a-half minutes, things looked good for We Talkin' Bout Practice.

Then ... well, things changed.

LeBron James sparked his team on both ends of the floor, adding 5 steals to his 16 points, 8 assists, and 5 rebounds. But it was Tracy McGrady who had the game of the night, pouring in 32 points, and hitting on three of four three-point attempts.

Kobe Bryant did his best to attempt to duel McGrady, pouring in 28. But, Shaquille O'Neal had a quiet 12 points, with his impact on the game minimized due to four fouls and three turnovers. This prompted some comments after the game.

"It was a great team effort," said LeBron James, "We had to get a lot of people involved, you know. But the way David Robinson outperformed Shaq? Maybe people will recognize him as a top-ten center now."

After a closely fought first half, the game seemed to turn in the third quarter. After a Rick Barry three ball put Practice up by 2, Bruce willis scored the next ten points, and then closed the quarter on an 8-2 run.

The fourth quarter was then all Bruce willis.

After Allen Iverson got Practice to within 7, Bruce willis scored 26 of the next thirty points to put the game out of reach.

Full Play-by-Play

Box Score:

[​IMG]

23. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    DAMNIT HEELS GIVE SHAQ 48 MINUTES AND SHUT THAT GUY UP

I mean oh what this is fake?

heels1785 likes this.
  24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    ]Standings

Alley Division

Sahara Heatwave 2-0 (+10)
    Honey Nut Cheerios 1-1 (+3)
    L.A. Courtsiders (1-1) (+9)
    Blue Screen of Death 0-2 (-24)

Oop Division

Bruce Willis 2-0 (+35)
    Midland City Gutless Wonders 2-0 (+31)
    Game...Blouses 0-2 (-21)
    We Talkin' Bout Practice? 0-2 (-45)

Next set of games:

Honey Nut Cheerios @ Blue Screen of Death
    Sahara Heatwave @ L.A. Courtsiders

Midland City Gutless Wonders @ Bruce Willis
    Game...Blouses @ We Talkin' Bout Practice?

Midland City @ Bruce is easily the game of the tournament thus far. Who will take the early advantage in the Oop Division?

Get me lineup strategies in the next 24 hours. If I don't hear from you, I will assume no changes.

25. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Eesh, another ugly one. Impressed with the game engine and play-by-play, though- thanks, Inty. Good win, tom.

Lineup will be in by noon tomorrow.