main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games is here.

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 5' started by MarcusP2, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    This is a **** **** ****** Game!

2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    zac, I've never owned a Nintendo console either, so all these claims that modern games never reached the heights they did on the SNES or whatever annoy me too. :p

3. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Yeah well, anyone who snubs modern games is their loss. I'm sure they're missing out on far more than I ever did with the SNES.

4. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    By the way, I just got my copy of "Demon's Souls" from the internets. It's a PS3 exclusive available only in Japan and Asia (the one ordered from play-asia.com comes with full English voices and interface).

It's a third-person action/RPG set in a high-fantasy European setting, a pretty standard concept, except there's a really nasty catch.

From what I can see, you work your way through mostly open world type levels, killing monsters and eventually getting to a boss at the end of each one. Except there's no save facilities in this game, if you die you go straight back to the start of the level and lose all the souls you've gathered up by killing things (for use as in game currency). So with such high stakes, the game gets really scary real fast. I've lost count the amount of times I've died, but something keeps me going!

It's a persistent world though, so if you quit out it starts back in where you left off, a bit like a MMO.

It's ironic that a Japanese developer has made one of the most atmospheric and indepth western style RPGs I've ever played. [face_hypnotized]

I'd totally make a thread for this game in Games, but y'know.

Some vids: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=demon%27s+souls+gameplay&aq=1&oq=demon%27s+souls+

5. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    picked up saints row two for the TRIPLE earlier. we should rock out sometime. also ended up getting the new red faction, if you kids have that.

6. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    I do but on 360.

7. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    3 player co-op?

I also bought Guitar Hero: Metallica. Why can I not resist these games. A new one comes out tomorrow as well...

8. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    No it's only 2 player co-op. :(

9. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    working through RE5 co-op with a buddy right now - it's about 10 times easier co-op than single player + AI

10. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    Hey Marcus, did you ever own a Dreamcast? Pity Sega pulled out, but I guess their time was right.

11. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    No I didn't; wanted one, but by the time I had the money the console was dead so I bought a PS2 instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.