main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Gaming Group, anyone?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MeatBag, Jan 18, 2007.

1. MeatBag

MeatBag Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2006
    Well, it seems to me that we've got a few people who are into RPGs. Who'd be interested in getting a group together?

2. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    what day/night of the week do you have in mind?

3. MeatBag

MeatBag Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2006
    Hmm... Well, Sunday would be the most convenient for me, personally. But I'd be willing to consider others.

4. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    that would probably be the most convenient for me as well.

5. darth_of_nm

darth_of_nm Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Sunday works, however I might be shaky for a while as i'm still settling in here.

And what game or games did you have in mind?

6. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    i have a number of books for the d20 star wars game, although i know they're getting ready to have a new rule book come out here in a few months. i also have the core rule book for d20 modern. also have the World of Darkness book as well as Vampire the Requiem and the Werewolf book for WoD. so i have those available.

7. darth_of_nm

Apr 17, 2005
    Cool lets start with wars, if a good group forms, then we could branch to other games...

8. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    what side of town does everyone live on??? i live out in henderson.

9. darth_of_nm

Apr 17, 2005
    I'm close to you then, i'm off of Windmill and I-215.

10. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    hehe....well when i say i live in henderson i mean i live on the edge of henderson...95 and wagon wheel.

11. Zero7

Zero7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2006
    Hi everyone. I am relatively new to this site and to Star Wars RPG however I am very interested in learning if someone would be willing to teach me. Back in high school I played D&D and Magic. I live in the Summerlin/West Side area of Las Vegas and my contact info is available in my profile. I am a quick learner and available most days and nights. I work from home and am a full time student. Thanks a lot.

Best,
    Anastasia

12. darth_of_nm

Apr 17, 2005
    Zero7: not a problem, however I myself haven't played the Star Wars RPG, it shouldn't be hard to grasp though if you have any prior RPG experence.

Janka: No worries, I lived 40 miles south of Albuquerque, so I'm used to hour long drives just to get where everybody else is...

13. Zero7

Dec 18, 2006
    Thank you! Like I said...I learn rather quickly. I will check this post a few times daily. I would love to meet people in the area who like Star Wars.

14. darth_of_nm

Apr 17, 2005
    Your welcome. Now we just need to a place to meet. I don't have room and won't till early summer when I get a place of my own, (i'm currently with family till I settle in here) is anybody willing to host gaming group meetings, or is there a 'public place' say like in a libary or rec center we could use? Also we need to finalize if we want to start with Wars RPG, if not we need to select a game, and give some ideas where to buy books (think second hand cheapies) for it.

15. Zero7

Dec 18, 2006
    I know you can find the books (both new and used) on Amazon as I have checked frequently. I have a huge condo that I share with my significant other so if nobody minds two rather small and fuzzy pomeranians my place is fine. We could also use the library, Starbucks, Barnes and Noble, Borders, or any other small cafes you can think of. Let me know if I can be of any help.

16. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    a group of us played for a while at the coffee area of the borders in henderson on sunset and stephanie. what side of town is your condo on?

17. darth_of_nm

Apr 17, 2005
    I think the condo would be in this general area no?.

18. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    quite possibly....i forgot she posted that originally. my bad...it's been a long week.

19. darth_of_nm

Apr 17, 2005
    No worries, now is that close enough to you to use it, at least to organize a group, greet & meet, create characters, that sort of thing? I mean after all

She has snacks waiting...:D

20. Zero7

Dec 18, 2006
    LOL!!! Awwwww, I don't know how good they would taste. One is so terribly fuzzy you can't even find skin.

I live on Fort Apache and Flamingo in one of the new developments. If that is too far for anyone I understand and personally have no problem going to Borders, etc. If we're having it at my house please let me know what people like to drink. I usually keep Mountain Dew, Coke, and Diet Pepsi in the fridge. I think I may have mentioned this before but my contact info (email address, Myspace page, instant messenger) is all on my profile. No worries about contacting me there. I can't wait to meet all of you@};-

21. darth_of_nm

Apr 17, 2005
    ohh good then you (according to my handy dandy map) live just off the 215. I'm about 20 minutes away then, plenty close enough, and I like root beer, but I tend to bring my own. I'll also bring New Mexico style salsa & chips if requested. Now I know sundays were discused earlier, if thats good for all, lets try for the weekend after the superbowl on 2-11. pick a time, i'm good after 12 noon.

22. darth_of_nm

Apr 17, 2005
    Also now that I go lookin for books are we doing the newer Wizards of the Coast (d20) or the older West End Games (D6) version. Hate to buy the wrong frelling books...

23. Zero7

Dec 18, 2006
    Febuary 11th works for me and my whole day is open so everyone let me know what is best for them. I am pretty close to the 215 and Flamingo (about a mile and a half give or take). The only thing I am unsure of is the books. I'm fairly new so someone else will have to answer that one:confused:

Also I lock my pomeranians up when people are over so if anyone doesn't like or is allergic to dogs there will be no worry there.

Feel free to bring food and drinks! If you guys tell me what to get I have no problem doing so.

24. Jankarakk

Aug 27, 2003
    well it's a bit far for me, i currently have no car. but i can see what i can figure out by then. gives me about 2 weeks so that's not bad. well i already have a lot of the d20 books. and if anyone has ever played another d20 (d&d, modern, etc...) it's basically the same thing.

25. Zero7

Dec 18, 2006
    If you promise you're not cuckoo for cocoa puffs:D I have no problem picking you up. Let me know...it is no trouble.