main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GenGon2001

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by TwistyMaeSkywalker, Jan 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Hey!!

So, who's all going GenCon this year? I know I am...since I just got two four-day passes for free!!! :) Go me!

Anyone else planning on going?

2. PowerfulJedi

PowerfulJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2000
    I always go. I always like to mess around with the out of towners who come here. Oh yeah I'm also a nerd!

3. TALON_FETT

TALON_FETT Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2001
    I GO TO GENCON EVERY YEAR. WELL SENSE 1995 ANYWAY. THE PART THAT I LIKE IS TO CHECK OUT WHAT EVERYONE IS WEARING.

4. Captain Page

Captain Page Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    I hope I can go this year. I usually am too broke to get passes and it's pretty far from my house. I've never been there, but maybe this year...

5. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    How much does it cost? I've never been there. I usually shy away from conventions.

6. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    Hey, careful with the out-of-towners, there! ;)

It seems like a couple of y'all will be there, and I know that at least one Minneapolis fan and two Chicagoans will be there for all or part of the con. Perhaps a get-together would be in order?

7. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Whoohoo! Get together! Perhaps on SciFi Saturday? Billy Dee's gonna be there! *LOL* Anyone got a Lando look-alike handy?

8. psychoengine

psychoengine Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    I'll be there, too... : )

9. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Alright...that's three for sure, one maybe from WI?? I still think we should get together there...ya know, just maybe have lunch and hang out for a bit. I'm there all weekend, if anyone wants to say howdy!

And my little harmless plug:

GO BUCKS!
    (I have tickets! Nya nya! *LOL*)

10. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Does someone have the link for GenCon handy?

11. Stardreamer

Nov 26, 2000
    Why, yes I do! Follow this link to get to GenCon.

12. Stardreamer

Nov 26, 2000
    Okay, GenCon is less than a week away, people! Do we have any plans? :)

13. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I'm curious too. I'll be there late Friday through Sunday.

14. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Basically, I'm gonna be there all four days (I hope...rides are iffy so far, and I refuse to take the bus. Childhood trauma and all) For sure i'm gonna be there on Thursday and Saturday...Friday is likely, but unless there's something good on Sunday, I won't go.

Anyone feel like getting together there and hanging out? I'm not too keen on going alone for some reason

Just a little note here: Page, are you going? I'm off all weekend, so if you feel like going, let me know.

15. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    I'd be interested in meeting up at some point. Trouble is, it's hard for non-locals to assess the when and the where. Also, part depends on when lovely SW stuff may be going on.

16. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I just received an e-mail from Wizards. Steve Sansweet's Star Wars: Connections presentation will be shown twice at Gen Con: Friday at 3 p.m. and Saturday at 5 p.m., both times at the Hyatt Regency Ballroom.

I'll be at Gen Con all four days.

Phil

17. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Well, I'm definetly going to be at those!

If anyone wants to meet...the main entrance with the hanging sculpture is an easy point to pick. If you're wearing a costume, describe it and tell what time you'll be there. Pictures help, and stuff like that. I'll be there as much as I can if anyone wants to hang out durring the day.

18. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I'll be entering the costume contest as the 4th Doctor (from Doctor Who) along with two women portraying Sarah Jane Smith and Leela. My picture is in my profile. I'll also be helping sing backup for Luke Ski's performance of "It's a Fanboy Christmas." I've seen Luke perform at Gen Con before and I have his CDs. He always puts on a funny show and he's debuting a couple of new parodies about Buffy and Angel.

Phil

19. Captain Page

Captain Page Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    Nope, I'm not going, and I'm pissed. Oh well, I've still got at least one more chance until it goes to Indianapolis, right?

20. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Awwwww!! :( I'll have to show you all the cool stuff I got today when I go to work on Monday. I missed GenCon two years ago (found out what it was the monday after it ended)

Want me to get Stackpole's autograph for you? I will...he's gonna be there and so am I!! Got his today...man, he's cool. Zahn's there too, in fact. And RA Salvatore, and some other NJO author I didn't recognize.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.