main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Geppi Museum Star Wars Exhibit

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jon_Goodfellow, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon_Goodfellow

Jon_Goodfellow Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2006
    Starting on 23 June, there will be a 30th Anniversary Star Wars Exhibit at the Geppi Museum in Baltimore. If the previous weekend's meeting is a no-go for some of you, perhaps this will work out better. I, obviously, don't have any set time in mind to meet there except that it be well before the museum closes. :p If any of you are interested, just let me know through PMs or in this thread when would be the best time for you.

Oh! Also, the Pittsburgh FanForce CR informed me that on Wednesday evening, 20 June, there will be a preview night reception held there. If you are interested in this as well, please PM me ASAP so I can contact the Museum Director and let her know how many of us plan to attend.

I fully intend to go to both events, and I hope to see some of you there! :)

Go n-ithe an cat thú, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

2. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master star 3

Feb 4, 2006
    I can make the 23 June visit. Let me know what time so I can plan to drive down. I'll have to look up where it is, I'm not familiar with this museum.

3. Jon_Goodfellow

Mar 2, 2006
    Geppi?s Entertainment Museum
    301 W. Camden Street
    Baltimore, MD 21201

Museum address for those planning to come to the Wednesday and/or Weekend meet up. :)

4. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hiya!

We Pittsburgh folks are heading down for the openning. We'd love to get together for an early dinner with you Maryland folks! Any advice on inexpensive hotels near the museum would be hot. :) We just need a relatively non-Bates Motel place to sleep, nothing fancy, since we need to drive back to Pittsburgh for another event the next evening.

Also, we are trying to get as many costumers to this as possible. Any of the costumers in your group interested? We're chatting about it here

5. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    my hometown, the same place I started my love for star wars.

I have relatives in the north.

by the way I hail from Albany and I visit my hometown at least twice a year.

but I can make the exception.

But only on saturday.

6. Jon_Goodfellow

Mar 2, 2006
    Comfort Inn Catonsville
    5801 Baltimore National Pike
    Catonsville, MD 21228
    800-246-8357

Quality Inn Baltimore West
    6700 Security Blvd
    Baltimore, MD 21207
    800-246-8357

Just a couple suggestions. Average nightly rate is 85-90 bucks, and they're right along the beltway. They're no Crowne Plaza or Marriot, but you're only staying one night. :p

I hope this helps! If any of you have some more questions, feel free to PM me. :)

========================

Oh, and it'd be cool to see you there, beezel. You'll probably be the only name I recognise. :p

7. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    [face_blush] Unfortunatley, we have to cancel. Some last minute stuff came up and we just aren't going to be able to make this trip next week. :_| Sorry to miss out on this.

8. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    what time do you want to meet up?

and yes I will have a SW shirt and my digger on.

its an aussie hat.

cant miss it.

It takes me five hours to get there so how about three oclock at the museum.

and definitely dinner and hey maybe something else.

I have alot of great memories at the harbor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.