main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Get to know eachother better (no victoria's secret)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BigBroadcastah, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Mogook:
    Let me know about it when you have the details. Then I'll try to set up my laptop for a test to see how it works with the chat.

"Bedepedotweep toopeeo." R2D2 Said.
    "That little droid did it!"

May the Force be with you... always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA-NE REGION
    CHARM CITY COUNCIL FORUM
    CALIFORNIA MD

2. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Isbeth, I didn't see TPM in Martinsburg until the day after it was released because my dad was at some conference.

This year I finally have a way to see a midnight showing, and I've decided to go to the new Hoyts in Germantown. Anyone know when tickets go on sale there?

3. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    No advance tickets for me. Thankfully, I don't think it will be a problem. When I went to see TPM the opening day during the afternoon, there were five people in the theater.

4. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Okay, so I REALLY don't want to do my job today (it's a slow time, anyway), I'll introduce myself.

ANH was my first PG movie..... I didn't see it on opening day, but I did see the others (ESB, ROTJ, and TPM) at their first showings. Right now, I work as an academic adviser, telling college students the rules, requirements, how to pick a major, and in and outs of college (and beyond) success. In additon, I'm a career counselor and "lecturer" for a class. I consider myself a geek, but am completely comfortable with that admission. For example, I named my dog after the protein I was studying in a research lab at the time.

kasjedi

5. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Welcome aboard Kasjedi! Hope you get a chance to show up for our next meeting on the 11th at the Hoyts cinema/Wendys. Darth Vader and Darth Maul will most likely be making an appearance there!! Darth Maul may have some problems showing up though. He's just been falling apart lately. :D

6. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Welcome kasjedi. If you don't mind me asking, what college do you do advising for? And I hope you can make our meeting this Saturday.

DRK_HLMT, it'll be great to witness another battle between Vader and Maul.

7. Arkkuss

Arkkuss Jedi Master

May 23, 2000
    I don't mean to interrupt kasjedi but I thought I'd introduce myself as well. As you can see
    I've been coming to tf.n for some time now. About a year longer than the date under my name even. I've come here everyday since tpm but until recently I hadn't been to the boards in awhile,
    nothing against them I just didn't have the time.

But I thought I was going to introduce myself. I'm from the Frederick, MD area. I go to Hood College where I major in Math and Secondary Ed. Yes, I do want to be a teacher even though they get paid almost nothing. Although it is more than I make working 4 part time jobs now.(I have to pay the $19,000 tution next fall somehow)

Just wanted to add the beta site looks great Mogook and there's a great
    FanForce going here. Ah, I remember when
    FanForce was brand new :D

Arkkuss

8. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Welcome Arkkuss, glad to have you here.

I've been getting a lot of compliments about the beta site but the entire design is changing. Hopefully tonight I can get up the basic structure.

9. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Arkkuss, can I talk you out of that teaching idea?

10. Arkkuss

Arkkuss Jedi Master

May 23, 2000
    Isbeth, I don't know I'm pretty far along already. You could try though.

11. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Ara-Gorn_Sirrah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Well, since I've been shooting my mouth off on the boards for about a month now, it's only fair that you all get a better idea of who I am...

My name is Tom and... I'm... I'm a...
    Star Wars-aholic.
    There I said it. ;)

Not afraid?
    "You will be.... You will be." ;)

My dad took my brother (Ca-Bal Sirrah) and I to the Patterson Theater on Eastern Ave. in Baltimore (about 5 blocks from where I grew up), when I was 10 to see something called Star Wars (Ep IV, ANH for those of you youngin's out there;)) one afternoon in 1977. At the time, my fav space-candy was Space 1999, Star Trek [classic] and Gerry Anderson's series UFO. George changed all that in a heartbeat.

Flashforward:
    I'm webmaster/developer/editor for Towson University's Student Academic Services sites (And, no TSiNET is not my doing and I cant' do a thing about it!). Not a whole lot of fun given the restrictions that I have to abide by. I also am co-administer a couple of other servers (LAN) and have the dubious distinction of being 1 of 2 'honorary' desktop troubleshooters for my building (because our staff are fed up with the lack of service from the dept. that is supposed to support them). :p

I live in Gwynn Oak (Woodlawn / Security Blvd area).
    I'm married and have 2 children, a girl & boy (13 & 10, respectively). We're a SW family to be sure.
    I've 2 teenage nephews who should also be attending Star Wars Anonymous meetings, that will join me & Ca-Bal @ the Senator 12:01 show.

I collect SW stuff (still have my Kenner figures, Burger King glasses, etc).
    1 nephew got got me into the CCG a year ago and I've been collecting those.
    I love to draw space/fantasy/Star Wars-style vehicles, characters, etc.
    I have some comic-strip style characters called Wubs, which I've actually had copyrighted, but, much to the chagrin of many family members, have not pursued.
    I also like some japanese anime (Macross is my fav). No x-rated tentacles, thank you.
    I have an interest in military history (WWII), but not anywhere near the degree of Ca-Bal's!

Fav SW movie? That's hard.
    ANH is special overall 'cause it was my first exposure.
    ESB was just a great story and has, overall, the most exuberant score of all, IMHO (I love listening to the scores).
    ROJ brought everything to a head (last 1/3 of the movie just plain ROCKS!). I will say, while some of the FX for the Spec. Ed.s were a nice 'upgrade', I take issue with several of the changes GL made in them. I prefer the 'classic' editions.
    Ep I has its great moments (Podrace & The Duel).

My fav SW stories outside of the novelizations are the Zahn trilogy and "Cloak of Deception"

A photo? See my temp site (link in my signature). It's under my SW section.
    Yes it's Liam Neeson's body, but my head! :D
    And, no that's not really Ca-Bal at all.. Still need to find a good side view of him to drag into Photoshop & replace Ewan's face. [face_devil]

Well, that's probably more than anyone wanted/needed to know, so I'll sign off now.

12. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Welcome Ara_Gorn. My older brothers got to the see the movies when they first released. Must have been the quite the experience.

13. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, I got the privilege of seeing the trilogy when they first came out. I can remember seeing Star Wars like it was yesterday. I was so excited that I left my bike in the yard and my dad backed over it when we were leaving to go to the theater. I didn't care though. I only wanted to get to the theater as quickly as we could. Needless to say, my bike was trashed but I got to see Star Wars!! I can remember seeing the commercials for it on TV and just being glued to it for the entire commercial. Much like I am for AOTC!! :D

But looking back I can honestly say that seeing the movies the first time was something that I will always remember. Just like my son hopefully will remember his Star Wars experience with these new movies.

14. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Bikes are insignificant next to the power of a virgin Star Wars viewing.

15. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Ara-Gorn_Sirrah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Thanks, Mogook. :)

DH, I really don't recall the commercials before seeing the movie, but boy was I glued afterward. Didn't miss an opportunity to see it again & again!
    I saw ESB at the Harundale theater in Glen Burnie (it's no longer there :(). Tried humming the Imperial March all the way home to Balto. so I wouldn't forget it!

I've got a story for ya! I really wanted my kids to see ANH in the theater - to get that experience. So I took them & 1 of the nephews when Spec. Ed. came out, even though the car was making some odd sounds on the right side.

On the way home, after dark, on the Balto Beltway, my right-front tire comes off @ 65 mph!

I look over & my nephew (in passenger seat) is watching the tire roll away thru the right 2 lanes! I've got a death-grip on the steering wheel, trying to guide my crippled beast to the left shoulder. I glance to the rear-view mirror, a shower of orange sparks lights up the night behind us.

I made it to the shoulder. The State Trooper said we were lucky. He said usually when you loose a front wheel at highway speeds, the vehicle rolls!

We laugh about our 'trip through hyperspace' now, but we were all white as sheets then. Especially my kids (9 & 6 then).

16. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Good ol' Harundale Mall. I live close to where it was.

17. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Arkkuss, turn back, the path you are on is not the one headed to the light side...it is a terrible mistake you will regret for all of your life. PLEASE don't do it. Take it from a 22+ veteran. It is not the right path to be on at all and I know people who teach in Maryland, all over the state and they say the same thing....

You young'ens are cute. I saw SW ANH as a college sophomore.....

18. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    I was only 5 years oldwhen I saw ANH in a drive in theatre in Latrobe, PA (home of Mr. Rogers, Arnold Palmer & Rolling Rock Beer).
    My parents took me to see the film the night after it opened there (they had seen it the night before.) I was in total AWE and have never been released from its spell yet. I think I saw it another 15 times within that first month (tagging along with every friend I knew who was going). I was convinced that I would grow up to marry Princess Leia.
    (Imagine my exhileration meeting her last weekend in Indianapolis!!!!) My boyhood dream came true. Well, almost.

19. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    sithspawn, you make me feel so old.....
    LOL! [face_laugh] and it wasn't even called ANH, just plain SW back then, at least when I saw it.

20. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    Hey Sithspawn! Fellow Pittsburgher here! Of Latrobe do I know. Pittsburgh not far, not far!

M.M.

21. monvonma

monvonma Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2002
    Hi Everyone!!

I am the new kid on the block. Just saying What's up y'all!!

Monvonma

22. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Welcome Monvonma!

23. Master_Skywalker77

Master_Skywalker77 Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2002
    Hi,
    I like to introduce myself, I'm Master_Skywalker77, and I'm brand new to the board. I'm a PC Technician at Pax River in Southern Maryland. My interests include: DVD's, Star Wars, James Bond, Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc. I'm going to the midnite showing in Annapolis Crown and I'm looking forward to meeting as many members as I can. See you all there.

24. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Welcome Master_Skywalker! We'll see you at Crown.

25. Bria-Tharen

Bria-Tharen Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    The name is Harley, just so you know...Now, on w/the festivities!

Ok, so I'm late, not my fault! Yeah, so I'm a newbie here, but NOT a newbie to SW. SW is one of my earliest memories still, which says alot, cause I'm damn near senile already & can't remember things that happened last week.

Han Solo was my first crush (Indiana Jones, my second) & for a tomboy, that's impressive! Took me 4 more years to realize that 'RL (real life)' boys, existed other than as punching bags. Uhh...

I've done SW Online RP for about 4 years, a year & a half of which, I was an overly active head GM (Game Master). I'm about to embark on yet another GM mission, creating a new SW RP in the next couple of months or so, writing an uncomprehensible amount of fan fic & hopefully starting my novel (which i wish to be a screen play but SOMEONE, ahem *GL* won't ever notice it!, hehe).

*Taps her fingers restlessly, waiting for Galaxies*...

I collect any dinky little SW item I can get my Jawa like, scavenging hands on, including some displays I wrestled from a couple of Taco Bells, back during the 'Feel the Force', Days (shhhhhh!!!!)...

I have a BIG (27 pound)cat accordingly named 'Lord Vader', who has a respiratory malfunction & breathes JUST like the Big armored Daddy, we all love so dearly.

Kay, time to get off the SW kick, but before I do...Chiss Dude...YOU are my destiny! Let's write some fan fic, baby ;) & Might I say, I have a few savory roles lined up for you in my upcoming RP, if you'd like...Getting back to my point...Chiss Dude is right...Zahn is God, you're all merely PAWNS! HAHAHA, Erm...Yeah.

Thrawn is...well, delicious!! *worships his almighty blueness!* along w/Maul, Naga Sadow & Exar Kun...Mmmhmm...I'm a good girl (kinda) w/a fetish for bad guys, what can I say?

EU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, physically...Uhh, I'm a 24 year old, raging insomniac mutt (I'm mixed) that could probably put Solo's mutt to shame (altho, he has me beat on the beer run, hehe). 5'9", 130(?) pounds, brown hair, brown eyes, blah blah..that stuff's boring.

LOVE contact sports, almost anything Sci-Fi'ish, books/reading (SW comics/books included of course,Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, Mysticism & other Philosophy stuff--C.G. Jung!!!,Ancient Civilizations, Sci. Thrillers, etc etc)writing poetry/sci-fi, music music music & the great outdoors.

I co-own a small General Contracting Company in Rockville & spend my free time between travelling, wasting my life on the net, my books, Barnes & Noble, & Starbucks...Not to forget the occassional toy store raid & weekend drink-off...& Jhonen Vasquez's insane ploys, of course :p

Whew, think that's good enough. Long, maybe, but I'm a complex girly. Can't be contained in a few lines...Besides, I love to entertain ya'll ;)

Any questions? Wanna debate? or maybe just laugh foolishly at my quirks & follies? Or contemplate the Force & it's mysteries? Or send me hate mail, which I love responding to...Catch me if you can!

MSN: Harlicious@hotmail.com

AIM: Martyrbation

Yahoo: Varies, so try the other two first, hehe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.