main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Get Your Matrix Revolutions Tickets....

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by IMAXPoe, Oct 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003

For those of you wondering, tickets go on sale Oct. 23rd, 2 days from now, for all Cinemark theatres playing Revolutions.

The IMAX will be opening at 7:30AM Nov. 5th so that we can play a 8AM show and open with the rest of the world. In case you are wondering, this is the first ever world wide exact time start for a film. Japan plays it at 11PM Nov.5, New York at like 10AM, we get it at 8Am, and then LA gets to start at 6AM. Pretty cool.

Just an FYI for those of you seeing it on the IMAX we have had a price change for the long films (ala Star Wars, Matrix, Lion King etc.). An adult ticket will cost you $10 and a Child/Senior will cost $8.00. We no longer have a Student price, not sure why though. I had nothing to do with the change and no control of the change so don't hate me, hate my corporate office! [face_devil]
    35mm and regular IMAX (3D and short 2Ds) will still be $8.50 for adults and $6.50 for child/senior tickets.

Still waiting to see when Return of the King tickets go on sale.

2. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Awesome, thanks Heath. I'm pretty excited to see this even though I've made my feelings of the 2nd quite well-known. I've a few reviews on AICN that give it really good marks. Those reviewers claim to have been disappointed in Reloaded as I was. Whether they're plants or not, I don't know nor care. I'm still hoping this movie will redeem the trilogy enough for me to consider adding them to the library next year.

Any chance we can get an advance notice of all showtimes (IMAX and regular) since there's no way I can get my partners to go to an 8 am showing of anything.

3. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    8Am (Nov. 5th Only), 12:30 PM, 7:30 PM, and 10:30 PM.

These are the IMAX times. The 35mm side hasn't finished their times yet but I will post tomorrow with those times.

If you guys need any other times just ask and I will try to get them.

4. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    You're the man, Heath. I still would like to know the 35mm times since I'll have to find out what time we want to go tomorrow so I can buy for all of us first thing on Thursday. Just need to make an informed decision, no offense to IMAX ;)

5. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    I feel you! I would think about both too but I gotta say...I just put the NEW Revolutions trailer on Pulse today and it looks and sounds ten times better than the trailer does next door. Oohhhhhhhh the suspense I can't wait till I get my print next week.

I'll post early tomorrow with the 35mm times.

6. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    Okay it is alot later than I had planned because our GM is still not done with times so I am gonna give you guys approximate times so you can kinda plan you schedules out. The actual times will be posted at midnight tonight at The Tulsa.

So here are the approximate 35mm times.

8:10AM, 8:25AM, 11:00AM, 11:25AM, 2:00PM, 2:25PM, 5:00PM, 5:25PM, 8:00PM, 8:25PM, 11:10PM

Disclaimer---Remember that these times are approximate and are subject to change prior to there posting tonight at midnight. So don't blame me if the GM changes them!
    [face_shocked]

Hope this helps you plan your Nov. 5th accordingly!

7. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Anyone else seeing this at the 8am IMAX showing?

8. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    I have got to say that this movie is worth getting up early for. It will blow your mind and blow away all of your expectations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a movie! (In case you were wondering I watched it Tuesday morning at 5AM :) )

9. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    8 am was too early to get my coworkers to the theater but, somehow, 8:45 wasn't... :confused:

Maybe I'll see y'all there. Hey, Heath, any idea when the doors'll open on the 35mm side?

10. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    about 15 minutes prior to the first show which I believe is a 8:10 show. So just before 8am.

11. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    I just bought my ticket to see the 8:45 showing. See ya there!

12. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    *grins*

I guess me and Billy are the only, well somewhat earlybirds.

13. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    Since some of us aren't fortunate enough to get to go on opening day due to school :mad:, would anybody be interested in going after the meeting on Saturday? I'm kinda desperate here, my parents really aren't interested, and the movie is rated R, and, well, you see where I'm going with this. This is about as close to begging as I get.

14. banditajs

banditajs Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    Shelbi -- Russ and I would be happy to take you Saturday after the meeting. :)

DO you want to see it on IMAX or 35mm?

15. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    It doesn't make me any difference what screen I see it on, as long as I see it. You decide.

16. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2003
    OK Shelbi - Sat 11/8 @ 12:30pm (noon) at the IMAX Screen. Only selections were 12:30, 7:30, 10:30pm. Hope that works OK.

Now you won't hear any spoilers at the meeting. :)

PM one of us for more details - (probably her, as she leaves the boards up 24/7)

rs

17. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Cool with me, I've read all the spoilers anyway, but I'm sure most of you figured I would :)

18. banditajs

banditajs Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2002
    You're as bad as me.

19. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    And you still actually want to see it? 8-}

20. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    A couple of quick questins: What time do you want me to meet you at the theater? Are you going to buy tickets online and let me pay you back or just wait? and, What is the running time for the movie?

21. AladdinSane

AladdinSane Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2003
    I'se got the tickies in me pocket (at least the confirmation number) so I'll be glad for you to treat us to the movie :) :D [face_laugh]

Time Wise - around 11:00 - 11:30ish? Hopefully we (really meaning she) can get up that early.

22. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Let's see, no job, no driver's liscense, heck, why not, my parents will give me some extra money, but you buy the food :D.

But seriously, they should let me pay for all of it since they REALLY didn't want to see it. I'll ask when they get home from the store.

23. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    I would get here around 11ish just in case the show sells out tomorrow. I will check before I leave tonight and let you guys know how many seats are left and a more accurate arrival time for the wait in line. If you guys want any other info just ask.

Heath

24. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Can I borrow some money? J/K! Thanks for the info Heath. Oh, and I'm going to get your autographs and sit them out right now so I don't forget them.

25. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    Sounds great.

Thanks again Shelbi for getting them.

Heath

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.