main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Getting things started...

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by TwistyMaeSkywalker, Mar 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    First off, I'll let everyone know that I have anywhere from three to five people outside of this message board who are definetly interested in getting a Milwaukee-based SW club started. Three are definetly in, and the other two are bordering on yes.

Second, we've already been discussing ideas for the first meeting. An informational 'get to know each other' get-together, possibly in mid-April when most of us have off from school. It would be held in a public place, most likely somewhere with food. It would be pay-your-own-way if it was food, and we'd spend lunch talking and getting to know one another, and possibly planning another event.

Finally, my three to five are already going to GenCon with me (Most likely in costume) Everyone is welcome, as long as there's no making fun of fanboys (or fangirls) Kindness is a must for a Jedi! ^_~

Ideas for where to meet? Times? Dates? Other ideas for meetings? Feedback is vital if anyone's serious about doing this. Pretty pretty please with sugar on top?

2. PowerfulJedi

PowerfulJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2000
    Hate to say this to you Twisty but this thing will never get off the ground.

3. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Damn.

I'm not upset...really. *LOL*

On to Plan B...starting the school club!

4. ersatz

ersatz Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2001
    FYI, we have a Milwaukee group that is meeting on Sunday, March 18th at 4:30 (please see separate post). It's not an official FanForce group, but you're all welcome. We're not students--but we don't care if you don't (I see you mention waiting until break). Well, actually I'm back for a second college degree, but since I have one I don't really think of myself as a student per say--not that this has anything to do with anything.
    Anyway, hope to see you all Sunday--just e-mail me if you need directions or anything (the address is on the separate post).
    Elizabeth

5. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    How did the meeting go?

6. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Well, I had fun. :)

Thanks again for putting this up, Elizabeth! I had a great time!

7. ersatz

ersatz Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2001
    You're welcome! I'm posting the April meeting time under a new subject header--if anyone wants to be added to our e-mail list, my address is ejudd@moose-mail.com.
    Elizabeth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.