main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Getting To Know You Thread...Ask A Question Answer A Question Game (Version 2.0)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by MasterMonkey13, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    A: I currently have a dummy dressed as a mummy on my front porch. On Halloween, it will no longer be a dummy... it will be me... which is still sort of a dummy, I suppose... and when kids come up on the porch to ring the doorbell I will become animated and hopefully scare the poop out of them.
    Q: What is the coolest t-shirt design you currently own?

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    A: My custom-made Zuckuss t-shirt because I drew the image and did the lettering, put together the mockup, finalized the design, and sent it off to the printer. It's a one-of-a-kind, and that's what makes it so awesome.

Q: Your favorite Halloween candy?

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    A: Anything with razor blades or pins in it. I am nostalgic for my childhood filled with paranoid PSAs and overzealous parenting.
    Q: Favorite monster film?

TrakNar and jedimikey like this.
  4. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    A: Toho's Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991). The best film in the Heisei series, IMO.

Q: Movies aside, what's your favorite monster?

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    A: That's a tough one. I have a soft spot for the Harryhausen monsters, and in terms of kaiju, I've always liked Mothra.

Q: Your favorite monster?

6. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Frankenstein's monster

Q: What is/was your favorite comic-strip?

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    A: Classic would be Little Nemo Adventures in Slumberland, as it is still the best illustrated strip ever produced, over 100 years later. Modern: Boondocks
    Q: Favorite childhood cartoon?

8. jedimikey

Oct 21, 2012
    A: superfriends/Justice League cartoons. There was another one that came out when I was a bit older, I think it was called "Ka-zar the Barbarian", or something like that. My favorite comics were anything involving Superman and/or Justice League, and Conan (to this day, my favorite illustrator is Barry Windsor Smith). And SW comics, of course. I would refuse to leave the store if there were SW comics. I think my favorite modern comics are the Bone graphic novels, or maybe Amulet.

Q: Favorite super-hero?

9. jedimikey

Oct 21, 2012
    A: superfriends/Justice League cartoons. There was another one that came out when I was a bit older, I think it was called "Ka-zar the Barbarian", or something like that. My favorite comics were anything involving Superman and/or Justice League, and Conan (to this day, my favorite illustrator is Barry Windsor Smith). And SW comics, of course. I would refuse to leave the store if there were SW comics. I think my favorite modern comics are the Bone graphic novels, or maybe Amulet.

Q: Favorite super-hero? Oops! I double-posted by accident...sorry guys. Perhaps one of the mods could delete this one?

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    :D Also, that's a fabulous movie.

A: Iron Man (solely based on the movies).

Q: What book are you reading right now?

11. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    The Things They Carried
    Cookie dough or cake batter?

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    A: Cookie dough [face_drool]

Q: What are you going to be for Halloween?

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    A: Diabetic by 9pm. I will be part of my elaborate outdoor decor, scaring trick or treaters as a mummy with LED eyes.
    Q: What color is your hair?

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    A: Black.

Q: Your hair color?

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    A: Technically, it's 'ash'. My hair color is all over the place. If I grew it out, it's comparable to a penny. But, other than my 'Tintin' in the front, I keep my hair rather short, as demonstrated in my current avatar for your convenience.
    Q: Why is Syfy's 31 days of Halloween always, without fail, the most disappointing schedule of programming on television?

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    A: No idea. I don't have a television.

Q: Is anyone else hoping for snow with the arrival of the Frankenstorm? I know I am!

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    A: Spoken like someone who doesn't live on the coast. :p The Cape is gonna be pounded, and since I have a few things I need to be back home in Philly for next week, I am heading home earlier than planned. Just in time ot get pounded there. I don't mind snow, but I drive a tiny, plastic Nissan Versa these days. I'm gonna be blown off 95. Which is a rather spectacular way to die, now that I think about it... yes, snow is a grand idea.

Q: Favorite band/musician?

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    A: The Beatles.

Q: Favorite Beatle?

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    A: VW

Q: Are you pedantic about grammar? :p

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    A: [face_laugh] I think you know the answer to that :p

Q: John, Paul, George, or Ringo?

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I am also irrationally stodgy when it comes to properly communicating. I became exceptionally retentive in studying language, most likely due to being raised in an immigrant home filled with low grade accents and folk words. I actually force myself to post sloppily on here simply as a means of "getting thoughts out naturally". I speak in as proper an attempt at English as possible. When I am not speaking Gaelic or Hebrew. Just some insipid trivia regarding myself.

A: Pete Best! Tie between Paul/John. They jockey for pole position depending on my song mood.
    Q: What, praytell, is Norwegian wood? :p

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I post fairly casually, but I get insane about grammar and style and stye guides and the like in formal writing.

A: Poor Cynthia :(

Q: Favorite fruit?

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Similiarly, I kinda sorta attempt "free flow" typing on here, resulting, often, in misplaced commas and horrid sentence structure. I do this because I fear appearing in conversations about Star Wars or Beatles or fruit as though I am trying to "pass myself off as professorial". Rather contrived, but I do want this place to be a level playing field for every poster.

A: Bananas, mango, or kiwi.
    Q: Why haven't you replied to my latest love letter in your inbox? =((

God, I hope Natalie is next in line to answer or that question is beat...

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    A: [face_laugh] I've been merging two forums; it too a bit :p

Q: Movie you're most looking forward to?

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    [face_dancing]

A: I had all of these geeky pop culture films I was amped for... and somehow all of that was circumvented by the trailer for Lincoln. I am from Ireland. Daniel Day Lewis films always take precedence, even though I am far more into British secret agents, Hobbits, Iron Men, etc.
    Q: Favorite chain restaurant?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.