main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena God Slayers (The Tennessee Titans fanclub)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by The Great No One, Oct 27, 2008.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I am in the Titans thread and you are the ones coming in our thread.. i was told to post things here or in the NFL thread.

2. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

as for not posting...you can ask horsey, i did not know this forum existed until the season started. if you go to look in the Denver threads from years past i have always posted about my boys win or loose...so that is why i haven't been around...i didn't know about it.

3. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    for the record here are post from two years ago.

i have been a fan thru the bad years and have paid good money for NFL sunday ticket even when we were 5 and whatever.

4. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Ok, lets everybody calm down and refrain from personal comments.

It is true that in general, Titans fans - just like the fans of virtually every team in every league, whatever sport or level - seem to come out of the woodwork when the team is winning and post more then. Its a fairly natural phenomenon and not unique to any person or team. That doesn't allow for making such comments too pointed at any given person.

5. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    First of all, no one is telling you to stay out of the Colts thread. If you want to come into the Colts thread and discuss them and their accomplishments in a polite manner, the more the merrier. Second of all, there are no Colts fans coming in here yelling at you. Don't be ridiculous. There are Colts fans in here, and they are discussing the Titans, because this is where you come to discuss the Titans. They don't come in here and bash the Titans, which is about the only thing you know how to do when you talk about the Colts(which is not altogether a bad thing, when you keep it to the organization, which, as I've already stated, is pristine, so I really can't understand your hatred of a good, wholesome franchise, but you do, so so be it. To each his own, etc.).

Second of all, I don't really care how long you've been a fan of the Titans. I am sure it has been quite a while. That is not the point I was making. That's great, go Titans, good job on a great season. You should be proud of them. I care that every time you mention the Colts fan base, it is to ask 'where were the Colts fans before?' or say 'you didn't hear from the Colts fans before they were winning' or 'colts fans are whiny and fair weather', when, in fact, you have only been in this forum for a couple of months. Mentioning your lack of longevity in this forum is not to come against your fanhood of the Titans, but is to say you don't know what you're talking about when you talk about Colts fans, and so please stop doing so. The Colts fans here have a lengthy thread, and regularly participate in the NFL thread, in a congenial and polite manner. So, please, discuss your Titans, but for the love of Pete, stop bashing the Colts fans. You know, those fans that only ever cheer on their own team and never say nasty things like other fans are whiny and fair weather, or things like that that might make them upset. Just enjoy your own team and leave the other teams out of it.

If you have a problem with another franchise, that is fine, such as one that has continually had the spotlight in the same division as your own team(certain jealousies are bound to crop up in that situation, and are perfectly reasonable), just leave it to the organization and not their fans. I just really have no idea where you are getting this perception of them, it seems completely unreasonable to me.

6. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i understand where she's gotten it to a degree EF, but not from anyone here. if you frequent sportsline or foxsports where they allow comments it is extremely obvious that there are many colts fans that are complete @$$holes. the same can be said of just about every team, but the three biggest are the colts, steelers and patriots. so what she's saying is more of a blanket statement of the fans as a whole (true or not, as generalizations seldom are) but not necessarily including those here.

at least i THINK that's what she's getting at. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

:snoopy

7. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    This topic of conversation is done. No one else is to comment on what someone else thinks or might be saying concerning this issue. Please return to normal Titans talking.

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i can't wait for my Titans icon. :)

i am still working on play-off tickets as well.

Go Titans.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yes, to horsey, listen.

The next post in this thread about fair weather fans will be edited out for off-topic, and other action may be taken.

Let's just talk about our favorite teams in the appropriate threads, mmmkay?

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Play-off tix sold out in less then a minute...i still need two please. :)

11. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Good grief. For a second there I thought I was on the Sports Illustrated forums. (!11! implied) Everyone is biased to their favorite team, that's natural.

Nothing on the Colts/Titans game or the Steelers/Browns game this weekend, I guess between the four teams there wasn't much news. :p Although I do hope Ben is okay.

A lot of other news, though. I'm pretty excited for the Falcons and the Vikings. And I'll be rooting for the Falcons coach to get coach of the year, even over Jeff.

Here's wishing everyone luck in the playoffs, even those playing against us lousy Titans. :p I'd actually like to see the Steelers/Titans again, as that would be a really good game. Just like the last one. I have the utmost respect for that franchise, and their players.

12. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Theres a lot of great candidates for coach of the year - the Titans', Falcons', and Dolphins' coaches all should be serious candidates, and thats not to diminish any of the others.

13. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I forgot about Sporano (sp), that's another good candidate. Yeah, Dungy and Fisher are great coaches that inspire their teams and make good plays, but these two guys have taken teams that no one expected to even do well, and get them to the playoffs. Awesome year for them. I'll even say Belichek dug deep this year. (yuck, that left a nasty taste in my mouth)

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i'm sorry, but i can in no way compliment the partiots or any member of their organization.[face_plain]

i think mike smith should get it, even though the dolphins had the bigger turnaround (technically). no one expected the falcons to be any good for a number of years, they had a bunch of no names everywhere, one of the worst lines in the league (supposedly) and nothing going for them with the shadow of vick and petrino still hanging over everything. that was an absolutely phenominal turnaround for them.

and then on the flip side, look what happened to the jags D without him as their coach/coordinator. danged good coach that.

15. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Your icons are up now :)

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I LOVE MY NEW ICON!!!!! [face_love]

CAN I KEEP IT FOREVER???? [face_praying] i know i can't but i wish i could.

17. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, if they can make it to the Superbowl, you'll have it for probably close to a month and a half :p

But playoff icons come down after teams are eliminated / the playoffs are over, whichever comes first.

18. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    actually... i'm tempted to go with the falcons, considering the year they had.:p@nnay

i'll wait til i lose my grinch, then up goes the titans. i like the grinch.

19. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I was about to ask where your icon was, Trim!

20. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    :D headed it off at the pass!

so... does that mean i intercepted the question?

21. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    [face_dancing]

all i have to say!

22. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ok we are up one TD and a kick! [face_praying]

i really want to win...i have been sick and stuck at home missed work an entire week..this would make me feel SO much better.

23. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Well, another season down. I wonder if Kerry is starting next year or if we're going to start Vince... ugh.

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    yeah i hope not...vince that is.

ack!

so everyone at work is like that delay of game was so questionable. i said i don't want to sound like a sore loser but they really screwed up on that. granted we are the ones who blew the game early on, but still.

25. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I only saw the replay, but the rule is the ref has to see the clock hit 0, and then look back to see if the ball has been snapped. Because they were replaying it in slow motion, I can't tell exactly how long it was, but it seems within reason that the referee responsible had not yet looked back down at the ball. Unfortunate, but it's human error. Chris Johnson coming out is why they lost, not this missed call. I guess it shows how special he really is.