main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii Going to Oahu from Canada June 26th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by LordVader83, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Does that make me a honorary member? :p

2. LordVader83

LordVader83 Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2005
    I've got a question: I'm looking for a 2 room place for about $1300 a month MAX what area's would you reccomend? What part of the island do you live? what kind of place?

thx

3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000

Not Waikiki or Honolulu. :p

4. LordVader83

Mar 17, 2005
    Duh... How about Pearl City? or even Kaneohe?

5. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    yes, Miana; you're an honorary member.

Will you have transportation of your own, such as your own car? or are you depending on public transportation (bus) ? It also depends on on your interests.... Do you want to be by the University of Hawaii? the north shore for winter's big waves? need to know more of your needs and wants, before we make a recommendation. Don't go for cheap rent, cuz it's probably the inner city areas and not safe.

6. LordVader83

Mar 17, 2005
    I work from home, just somewhere safe and decent.

7. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001

look through here. If you see something you like, PM me, and I'll give you my comments about the area. [face_thinking]

http://classifieds.honoluluadvertiser.com/osform/MVCCService?osform_template=/honolulu/branding/REindex.html&publication=honolulu&category=Classifieds

8. LordVader83

Mar 17, 2005
    Thanks. I'll bookmark the page aswell as this board. Still about a year before we start looking for a place on the Island but I was just curious to which areas would be the best to live... for decent rent.

9. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    There's very little decent rent, depending on whose cost of living you are comparing to. We are a resort area, so expect high rent. Why do you need a 2 bedroom? which is why I posted the classifieds to look over. Affordable is in the country where a car is necessary to get about. If by 2 rooms you mean one bedroom plus living room/kitchen, then you could find a nice one for that amount. Living here is like living in New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles, Miami Beach. Boston. Are you married/single? children coming with you? Do you need to be on the bus line? Laid back beach nut? :confused:

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I can vouch for the busline. Having lived in Southern California my entire life and daring the buses of Los Angeles and San Diego, I loved the bus system (at least the part that ran through Honolulu and Waikiki.) on Oahu. :)

11. LordVader83

Mar 17, 2005
    I'm going to finish up school here, then move out there with my dad. So 2 bedrooms + living room area, kitchen would be nice.

That's why i'm curious as to where you locals live and how much in rent you pay and what kind of place it is :) Just for curiousities sake.

12. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    When are you coming? There's a front page side bar in this morning's newspaper highlighting shortage of housing in Hawaii right now.

13. LordVader83

Mar 17, 2005
    Earliest Fall 2006, Long ways off.

14. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    ok; hopefully housing shortage will be over by then. the best time really is late May and early June, when all the college graduates move on. Fall will be tight cuz all the college kids are returning by August.

15. Pac501_3136

Pac501_3136 Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2005
    That is the biggest thing that separates teh Hawaii goups from teh mainland ones. (my 2 credits) It feels like family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.