main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Golden Days of the Jedicouncil

Discussion in 'Communications' started by chitwood, Oct 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chitwood

chitwood TheForce.Net co-owner star 4 VIP

May 12, 1999
    It is definitely an exciting time to be a Star Wars fan. We're just months away from the prequel-sequel Attack of the Clones, and weeks away from a visual glimpse in posters, trailers, comics and preview toys. It doesn't get any better than this.

In the middle of all this are some very discouraged fans and forumers dissalusioned with the current state of the Jedicouncil. I have to admit I've felt the same way as well at times, though constantly reminding myself these are just message boards. Of course these boards, and the literally thousands of online friends are very important to you. They are to me as well, which is why I want to offer you some assurance to you that the Golden Days of the Jedicouncil are just ahead of us.

1) We are actively seeking to nominate a new Jedicouncil Admin. They will be responsible for leading the admininstration team under the overall purpose and direction of TheForce.Net. They will work actively with the TFN Staff to present a cohesive and enthusiastic message board to support TheForce.Net. Look for this early next week.

2) We are finalizing a nomination for the FF Global Director as well. They will be responsible for working with the city reps and maintain the integrity of the Fan Force forums. Look for this early next week.

3) Anthony is the technical admin for the boards. Zerosleep will support him as needed as the Snowboards admin. This is now in place.

4) As of a selected date, we're considering 'wiping everyone's slate clean' on the management team. Any active admin you didn't like or had problems with in the past gets a second chance. The Admins will not bring up the past again, so if you are a current user please give them the same chance. If you think an admin has been hateful or disgruntled in the past, that will be forgiven but current actions will be used for effectiveness evaluation.

5) We are working, and will work closely as an admin team, to reevaluate and formalize all current policies on banning, admin punishments, and overall respond to many concerns brought up over the past few weeks.

In short, I want to let you know that there are plenty of well thought out changes coming to the JC. A lot of thought has been given to this, and combined with the new enthusiasm in the admins and a few new ones to give us some spark I think great days are ahead for the JC.

Overall we're working on some policy
    changes within the TFN/JC team and are very optimistic about the future of the boards.

The Golden Days are just ahead.

Josh

2. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    glad to see you are working on it josh.

i hope that, after reading the other thread, you can find some way to appease everyone, and not accidently disgruntle posters.

i havent seen 'the golden days of the JC'. i just hear about it. i love what we have now, but if we could revive those golden days, it sounds like it would be amazing.

good luck.
    i hope it all works out.

and i hope we can keep the good posters and mods around.

3. Storm5

Storm5 Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2000
    This is an independent message board, don't let Lucasfilm control it.

4. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Note: Joanzia announced her resignation as JC admin last week, which is why a new admin is being chosen.

5. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    great, a second golden age, i cant wait :)

joanzia resigned too? its like a conspiracy :(

6. chitwood

May 12, 1999
    Yes. Thank you, Commander.

On the other note, TFN and the message boards of the Jedicouncil are always under the watchful eye of Lucasfilm. Even ILM is vigilant in keeping up with our actions, as I found out yesterday (end of that discussion). We are by far the most visible Star Wars site. The bad thing is that they REALLY care about what gets posted here. The good thing is that they hear what you are saying.

We're working on compromise on that side, but with LFL it isn't much more than a 'play ball or we come after you' mentality. We just don't have the time or resources to fight a battle like that, even if we had grounds to do it.

Josh

7. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    We don't want to fight LFL, well most of us don't. All I want is a cameo for farraday, Perhaps someone screaming 'applesauce' in the background?. Is that to much to ask?

Actually Yes... but anyways.

So changes are coming? Oh well there goes my perfectly ordered escapism.

8. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    so george listens to us?

wow.

//feels special.

9. Storm5

May 9, 2000
    So what's the difference between the OS boards and the JC?
    It's all about commercially controlling the fans and tracing down illegal sw stuff...
    The JC will never die, but we can't let this forum or TF.N transform into a crappy OS clone.

10. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    It won't, don't worry.

Vertical

11. Storm5

May 9, 2000
    I hope you're right. :)

12. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    I'm not wrong much. :)

I was wrong once before, but that was a time when I thought I was wrong, but turned out to be right. So I was wrong about being wrong.

:D

Vertical

13. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Well, technically it can't, because the OS is the one who tried to clone us...

All these changes that Josh is talking about sound great, and I can't wait for them to be put into practice.

--Mr. P

14. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 27, 2000
    This thread gives me new hope. Thanks Josh.

I know, I know, it's just a message board , but it's important to me.

15. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2000
  16. chitwood

May 12, 1999
    And just so you know, we've been discussing this in more specifics in the Mod Forums, and will continue to do so. I'm excited to see the admins pulling together just when it is most needed.

And no, I don't want this to be the OS boards either by any stretch. Think about it this way. Insiders CANNOT post on the OS boards, they will be traced so easily it isn't even funny. I hope for their sake they've thought of that. Invite them back here, that will go a long way in restoring peace to the galaxy as well. Make JC the place they want to be, and where they can share information freely. No, not exact script quotes but a TON can still be posted without legal action.

Put something positive in your signature. PM an insider and ask them to post again. Spread the word, this is the new JC.

These are 'just' message boards. And don't worry they are very important to me, and the admin team as well.

Josh

17. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 27, 2000
    :)

there are certainly 'perks' to being unofficial.

18. Darth_Dagsy

Nov 18, 2000
    Josh, why did the insiders leave?

because they posted and sent info elsewhere.

what was it about this place?

19. Storm5

May 9, 2000
    SI keeps telling everyone how much he hates the JC... I don't get these people. :(

20. Wattowatta

Wattowatta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2000
    Ah, yes, run hence, proclaim, cry it about the streets.

Nice to see the staff is getting a touch-up, Josh. Keep up the good work.

21. Demodex

Demodex Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    It's nice to know changes are being made, but as long as the average poster here is like 15 years old the JC will still be lame.

Everyone asks why I come here if I hate it so much. If you want to discuss it PM me (but don't expect a very quick response).

[face_plain]

22. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    A board is what you make it. If you feel that it's overrun with teenagers posting pointless topics, either try and lead them by example, or not.

23. Izzi

Izzi Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    I'm not comfortable with this. Something stinks and until you tell us the FULL story you can't expect blind support.

24. ktwsolo

ktwsolo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2001
    Sounds good! Keep up the great work!

25. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Place your bets: Will there be any real changes or not?

What changes are wanted anyway?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.