main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Good Saga Campaigns?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Sn4tcH, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    So, me and some friends want to start playing Saga's, but I'm not super confident in my DMing abilities just yet to make my own campaign (I've only DMed 2 games of 2E M&M, and 1 game of 4E D&D). So, I was wondering if there were any campaigns that you would all suggest to play. Era doesn't matter or anything, just looking for something fun!

2. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    What rules/edition are you using?

Starwars RPGs didn't have many "campaigns". The only one I can think of was the DarkStryder series with the WEG 2nd ed D6 system.
    It's a new republic era, when a ship similar to Princess Leia's Tantavie IV (only it has a fighter carrier deck on the side) goes chasing into the Kathol Outback after an imperial governor who has some strange Force/Technology.
    There was a box set, and 2 or 3 follow-up books until you reached the end.
    The assumption was that the players played 3 different characters: the Alpha super-high ranking characters (captain, engineer, security officer, etc), the Betas (important more street-savy than idealists), and a character of their own. Depending on the adventure, you used different character sets. I didn't like that set up myself, and when I played it, the GM didn't like it either, so we had just our own characters, who had command of the ship.

There was a thread on here somewhere with adventure plots and frameworks that could be adapted. I thought the Imperial Scout Jamboree campaign idea was funny: Having to lead a bunch of Imperial adolescents in brainwashing summer camp...

You might also like the low-level NPC thread.
    And this thread

Wow, some of those threads are really old.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    The books have quite a few one-shots you could string together. Or the WotC site used to have the Dawn of Defiance campaign. It's probably still on their site though you might have to dig for it a little.

4. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Sorry, thought I made it clear in title, We're using the Saga's Edition rules.

5. Shingen

Shingen Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2010
    There was a release called Dawn of Defiance, an ongoing campaign published for it.

6. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    WoTC put out Dawn of Defiance, about 10 adventures that are supposed to take you from level 1-20.

It is post ROTS and pre-ANH, has to do with foiling the Empire's plans to build a prototype Super Star Destroyer. Haven't read it myself, so I can't vouch for quality.

It was free on the WoTC site, but then they shut that part down. People have saved it, check here: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/24900413/Dawn_of_Defiance_Modules_and_other_Adventures or google "Dawn of Defiance download"

I assume its legal to download, print, run, etc because it was free on their site