main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON Grape and Wine Parade- Saturday, 24 September, 2005

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Sabia_Ronit, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    "We'll run out to the store tonight and pick up a variety of 2-litre sodas. We'll bring along some plastic cups too."

The imperial army of plastic cups ;)

I had tons of fun. It was a huge blast :D *points to new sig line* haha!

The gathering of USers at applebees was good fun as well. Kiwi!

After running for 21 hours straight with 3 hours of sleep, and only getting about 9-10 hours more, still very tired ;) Was worth it though :D

2. Drogon

Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2003
    <---What she said.

Had a great time yesterday. Weather was perfect. Crowds were receptive and appreciative. Everyone was in a good mood. Everyone seemed involved at the after-party. etc, etc, etc.

Thanks muchos for inviting us!

Nice pics Steph!

3. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I had a great time adn the weather was perfect. It was nice seeing everyone again.

I will have to do some extensive testing on the mini-R5 as pushing it was not fun :)

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

4. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Sorry i couldn't make it this year guys, although i don't have a costume anyways so i guess it wasn't a huge loss.. Hope it went well and everyone had an awesome time!

5. ApertureCaged

ApertureCaged Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2003
    If you Missed the Parade, or would like to view it in it's entirety;
    Check out TvCogeco Channel 10, Your Community Station.

6. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Everyone it was great seeing you again.

even though having the flu sucked royally. Took me sixteen hours to get home. I slept in my car for a few hours and drove a few hours at a time.

7. Sabia_Ronit

Sabia_Ronit Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2003
    It just wasn't the same without Debby and Dana there to warn us about the judges...

8. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    I just wanted to openly thank and congratulate Justin and Stef for a job well done planning and executing this event. Without them I?m sure we would not have been entered into the parade this year.

I had a great time with everyone once again. It?s always nice to spend time with friends. I?m just sorry everyone couldn?t make it that said they were coming.

The only part that sucked was that I ended up getting the flu right after the parade. I went home and woke up with a sore throat, fever, and stuffed up. I even ended up taking Monday off from work.

9. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Sorry Chris, that would be me who gave it to you.

Trust me driving back from Canada really sucked.

and I missed the day of work to.

10. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Sorry I haven't had to chance to post earlier. As some of you may know, KnightShade's grandmother passed away on Friday so we've had a lot of family stuff to do this weekend after the parade.

We had a lot of fun marching in our very first G&W parade. I'm so glad we had such a perfect day for it. Here are the pictures from KnightShade's camera courtesy of guest photographer RSWingnut! And hanging out with everyone afterwards was a blast of course too! I'm so glad we were able to participate this year. Thanks!

~Doc_Bev

11. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Thanks for posting those pictures Nicky! We were all very glad that you came out! Thank you for taking loads of pictures as well, you and your group are most welcome up here!

Chris, Stephanie and I were also quite sick Saturday night, whereas I was recovered for work today Stephanie was still fighting symptoms, I hope you feel well!

Thank you EVERYONE for your help, food, sodas ( ;) ) and great conversation. Chris gives us too much credit, without all of you there would not have been such a great hit!

12. Sabia_Ronit

Mar 12, 2003
    Thanks for the picture link Nicky! Those pics are amazing.

My petridish pics will also be updated with some scanned pictures that my mom got, so be sure to check them out as well.

13. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Yeah, I'm sick too. I bet stephanie cooper is FINE though. darn you and your immune system steph!!

14. VaderJay

VaderJay Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Sorry I missed you guys. I had my car packed and ready to go Friday night but the Flu bug had other ideas.

I saw the pics, and everyone looked great!!!! maybe next year....

On a nother note, Crystal and I found out that we are going to be a mom and dad...our first :) [face_dancing] Ill be updating to let you know how she is doing.

15. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Are Peter and I of the few who didn't get sick afterwards? I was just so stiff the next day I could hardly move, but not sick.

I had so much fun, I can't wait till next year....

16. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    Yes I am, and I deal with kids all day! :p

I will show you the George Carlin piece one day on being sick; I totally agree that is why I'm fine.

17. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Hello all , I too enjoyed myself, I really liked meeting all of you folks. You know people ask me why & can't understand why I do this kind of thing, (Fandom, Costuming, etc) I guess there are many reasons, but getting to know new people & experiance new things. This is why I do it. Agasin a great time it was, & hope to see you soon.

18. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Hey, everybody;

I personally had the best time with you all, and can't wait to hang out again. Much thanks to Justin for the training, and hook-ups on the pouches, collodion, and everything else! I did not get sick, and bowled some good frames and games on Sunday with TStarflyer and his missus, DarSolo on Sunday, the first of our Star Wars Strike Force League days. Much fun!

Meeting all of you though was the best part of the day for me, and I'll be visiting your boards here more frequently in the future, especially to chew over "Lost" tidbits with Steph C., Leigh, and Bayley! Later!

-- Dean --

19. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Horray lost! Horray veronica mars as well

20. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Anyone have the picture of talia and I?

21. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Dean, You get bonous points for actually spelling my name right ;)

Even though I arrived late and totally missed the parade I had a great time afterwards hanging out with you all and meeting lots of new people as well as catching up others. I can't wait till next year :)

22. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    MadKid knows how to click on user profiles...:D

And Jeigh; is this the pic you were looking for?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/MadKidJedi/MadKids%20Image%20Holocron/102-0217_IMG_2.jpg

23. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Greet to see some of you again from CNSFX and meet a large majority of you for the first time.
    Glad ya enjoyed the pics. I tried to get a shot of EVERY costume but it got a little tricky when we started marching. Hope we can all get together again soon!

24. Sabia_Ronit

Mar 12, 2003
    The pics are amazing! I was finally able to get through all of them... ;)

25. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    That's the one, thank you thank you.

Talia is so cute!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.