main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Grassroots" Club in Ft. Laud wants to be Fanforce!

Discussion in 'Archive: Miami, FL' started by AxtonTredway, May 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    We are a "grass roots" SWFC in the Plantation area that was formed roughly the same time as Force.net. We've only recently extended ourselves into the online community and are interested in becoming a Fanforce USA Chapter. Our activities include everything from charity events for "Kids in Distress" to Dice & Paper Star Wars RPG gaming, to live-action roleplay with costuming at conventions....to just partying "Star Wars" style as friends and fellow fans!
    -Sean Sanders of The Fandomenace Presents...
    pendragon_mm@yahoo.com

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Sounds great. I'm your Regional Support Admin -- let me know if there is anything I can do to help. Get some of your friends on the boards with you if you can. My email address is Hama@fanforce.net if you need to contact me.

3. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Greetings, I am Stacey113 and I just got home from a very interesting and fun meeting of The Fandomenace. I was invited to join this group recently and I am very glad I took them up on their invitation. This group has big plans for the future and will be a "Force" to be reckoned with. I have been primarily a Trek fan most of my life. I enjoyed all the Star Wars movies in the past, but not until recently did I give much thought to actually joining a fan group. The people that make up the membership are a varied and eclectic bunch. Anyone who would want to explore Star Wars fandom in Broward County should get in touch with us. I look forward to communicating with you again soon.

4. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    Thanks for your suport, Stacey. We won't let you down! Fandomenace is preparing for it's second annual appearance at Vulkon Ft. Lauderdale! We are 16 active members in full costume and are growing!....Look for the the Live cantina band....The Jedi Massage..Dathomir Reikei....games galore at the table...and more! Maybe you have what it takes to become a starfighter pilot aboard The Pride's Revenge with our hands-on training simulator?

5. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    What's this now?

6. LirielMoonsinger

LirielMoonsinger Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2001
    Hi, I'm Liriel Moonsinger, Dathomir witch and chief medical officer on the Pride's Revenge. We're working hard to be a big presence at the Ft Lauderdale Vulkon convention Sept 14-16. Axton Treadway, a licensed massage therapist will be doing Jedi massage. I am a level 2 Reiki practitioner and ordained minister and will be doing Dathomir Reiki. Proceeds will go to our chosen charity, Kids in Distress. I'm also a backup singer for the Cantina band (wait till you see what we've got in store for this!!). We will have StarWars games to play at our table including Kessel Run and Sabbac. And that's just for starters. So if you want to have a good time and get a dose of StarWars at the same time come see us at the Vulkon Convention.

7. COsk_DoSine

COsk_DoSine Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2001
    Greetings and Salutations,
    I am Senator C'Osk Do'Sine currently passenger aboard the Pride's Revenge. Last year was our first year at a convention as a group. We did well as we wear all in constume for most of the day and 2 of our members won trophies for homemade costumes in the costume contest. This year we are planning on being bigger and better....
    Come on out and visit with us, we are usually always doing something....

8. AxtonTredway

May 30, 2001
    We would like to be recognized as Fanforce Ft.Lauderdale: The Fandomenace (or Miami since there is no Ft. Lauderdale Link?)

9. Joanzia

Joanzia Former FF Staff star 3 VIP

Oct 18, 2000
    There is now a Ft. Lauderdale forum for ya'll. Be sure to get with your RSA, Hama, to find out how to become an official FanForce chapter.

May The Force Be With You! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.