main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Green Lantern Movie: NOT THE GREEN HORNET, ZAZ

Discussion in 'Community' started by Soontir-Fel, Aug 14, 2008.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [image=http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/7029/deadpool_corps_1_cover.jpg]

Looks like film won't be the only medium with a GL/Deadpool connection. Deadpool Corps even has their own motto:

"Through lightest dark or darkest light,
    don't need no bling to join the fight.
    We're the mercs with mouths and so much more,
    yippee-ki-yay, we're the Deadpool Corps!

[face_laugh] :cool:

2. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    So Mark Strong is Sinestro. Guess that just leaves the Guardians, Abin Sur and the other GLs. Can't wait for this movie. :cool:

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
  4. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Works for me!

5. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
  6. TazzMission2183

TazzMission2183 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2010
    ign posted 2 spy photos and 1 is hector hammond

http://movies.ign.com/objects/040/040980.html

7. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    Yes, and the other one is Ryan Reynolds walking around in a sleeveless T-shirt. WOW. :oops:

8. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    never heard of this superhero. suffice it to say that my favourite comic book guy gave me a free green plastic ring to promote the film or something :p

9. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
  10. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    "Anyone can be chosen"? Really? Why not just say "You can be chosen"? You, yes you, can participate in this fantasy. If Stark hadn't been rich and a genius, two things that you most assuredly are not, he couldn't have succeeded. But with this ring, anyone can be cool. Anyone can be chosen. Now you don't even have to be a hero . . . to be a hero.

11. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Meh, not too great but it'll do I suppose. As for the catch phrase/slogan, it's not important so I could care less. Is it just me or does the ring on the cover look incredibly cheap?

12. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
  13. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    NOT THE GREEN HORNET, Reynar_Tedros!

Anyway, that trailer unfortunately comes across as a joke. I hope the movie is better than the trailer.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    [face_laugh] RT, I hate you- you got my hopes up!

The trailer isn't bad- though it's certainly leaning more towards the comedy angle than I would have hoped. But it's also possible that's just how the trailer is cut, to capitalize on Rogen's success in comedies.

15. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    Sinestro is shorter than I imagined. I like the hats though.

16. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    Comic-Con in the Rearview: 4 Days, 4 Thoughts

"Without question, the most benevolent moment of Comic-Con 2010 was Ryan Reynolds?s reciting of the Green Lantern?s oath for a boy who asked him what is was like to say, ?In brightest day, in blackest night?? Reynolds fixed his gaze, got into bedtime-story voice, and communicated said oath directly to the child. Cut back to the amazed fan, who then held up his power ring to Reynolds, who did the same and return, and the biggest lump since Toy Story 3 formed in my throat. I thought about how cool it must be to be a younger person who gets this kind of access to one of their superheroes. (A parallel: Imagine it?s early 1978 and you have the chance to ask Christopher Reeve what it was like to be Superman.) At this point, Ryan Reynolds literally is still becoming the Green Lantern since the film has 4+ weeks of shooting left in New Orleans. For me, as this moment transpired, Reynolds become something more than a lovable performer, and I cannot wait to travel to Oa with him."

Good for Reynolds, if you are going to do these types of movies, believe in them.

17. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    That is awesome. Much respect for Reynolds.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Here's the clip of that

You can't see it there, but other clips ran a bit longer and they talk to the next guy saying "that's a tough act to follow, sorry".

19. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I must say I like the teaser posters.

20. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Green Lantern trailer preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV1FQoEkXcI&feature=player_embedded

Snippets are a little hokey. I hope the movie is more fun than silly. Fingers crossed!

21. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, it's EW. And it's selling Ryan Reynolds to a mass audience. So I'm guessing it's not going to be the hardest-hitting stuff.

22. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    I've watched that clip repeatedly, gods help me, and I'm just shaking my head in disappointment at the tone and style of the -- admittedly scant -- footage on display. Granted that it's part of a promotion from an entertainment-news program, granted that it's only a few seconds from an unfinished film, granted that it's aimed at audiences far younger than myself, but even so...

That looks insipid. Jokey, goofy, self-referential hogwash. It appears to play like some kind of sequel to The Mask with Ryan Reynolds replacing Jim Carrey. In space.

I can only hope -- wish! plead! demand! -- that these are the light-hearted comedic moments from the film, cherry-picked to meet EW's demographic. Because if what's on-screen there is indicative of the piece as a whole... hoo boy, do these guys have some 'splainin' to do.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Full Trailer.

I'm not digging the suit FX at all, and the trailer focuses on too many of the jokes, but as a teaser it shows some potential.

Still, they could have easily done an whole "oath"-based teaser and been way more effective.

24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I will say this - Reynolds is a mind-bogglingly effective Hal.

... New 2000s Hal, not 60s and 70s racist Hal.:p

25. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I think some of you need to calm your nerves a bit over what's been seen thus far. Sorry if this film isn't as dark looking as some of the more recent storylines that the character has had in the past 15 years or so, but GL is traditionally a more lighthearted character, and it looks like, from what I've seen so far, that they have gone for a meeting halfway approach to the character. Seeing Kilowat was enough to get me a little excited for this, and I';m gonna reserve judgment on this movie until I get to actually see the film.

Sorry, that's just a stance I've learned to take over the last several years, especially after building a lot of films up beyond expectation, and being severely disapointed in the end(I.E. AOTC and ROTS).