main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC GS Meeting - Saturday, March 13, 2010 2pm

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Wolfdog, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    I'm not even sure when the last time was we had one of these, but I feel like getting out of the house.

Anyway, it's going to be a week from Saturday (3/13/10) at 2pm. And I'm thinking about making the second Saturday of the month as our regular meeting date. So, there's at least one topic of discussion.

Now for the important detail: Anyone have any thoughts on a location? It should be a public place so in case there's any lurkers on here who'd like to come, they know where to go, so with that in mind, where does everyone feel like going for lunch in Fairfax County? :)

2. DLoSith

DLoSith Jedi Master star 1

Mar 27, 2005
    Glad to see things kicking up again. I have to work that Saturday, and I wanted to let you know that I'm moving to MD at the end of this month, so I'll be closer to DC if there's anything ever going on there.

I'm all booked for CV in Orlando, so hopefully there's some talking points with that this year. ]-}

3. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    Well, unless anyone can come up with a better idea, I'm just going to set the place at the Tyson's Corner food court, although I'm still open to other sugestions. Hope to see somebody there. :)

4. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    Well, this may just end up being a discussion between me and my soda (maybe I'll make it treasurer), but if anyone's planning to stop by, I'm still planning on being at Tyson's. I'll try to be somewhere near Sbarro. For any theoretical lurkers who I haven't met, look for the guy with some blue in his hair. I might even remember to wear my black t-shirt that says "Bad Wolf" on it. I'll be there until at least 2:30.

5. Midi-ChlorianLori

Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    I'll be there- Saturday, 2:00, Tysons Food Court by Sbarro. I'll see if my friend Jessica would like to join us also.

6. Wolfdog

Feb 18, 2004
    Okay, well. This was an not really an official meeting, but I decided to take the minutes anyway. Here's roughly what was discussed.

2:17pm: Start
    * Lori (Midi-ChlorianLori) showed up.
    * Turns out the Sbarro is in a different section that what I thought. The place I was thinking of was pretty much the same thing, only it's called called "Famous Famiglia." Oops.
    * Chas (Wolfdog) was elected acting CR in landslide victory.
    * Decided that April's meeting will be done with much more notice and will take place somewhere other than Tysons Corner. Several restaurants are currently being considered.
    * Discussed ways to attract new blood to the organization. Agreed that maybe not using a separate forum board this time around would probably be a good idea.
    * Half the current membership will be going to I-Con at the end of the month. Others should consider that, too.
    *Someone else should really take the minutes next time if anyone's going to take this seriously.
    Some Later Time pm: Meeting Ended.

We're currently getting plans together for the April meeting, and should be posting details soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.