main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Guys, would you mind if . . . .

Discussion in 'Archive: Philadelphia, PA' started by Tay-Mar, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Thanks for the refuge Wendy, I made the mistake of thinking and acting without seeking direct approval from either the chapter CR or the UK RSA, oh silly me !

I know dealing with chapter stuff is Mark's job and I shouldn't really get involved, I just couldn't leave it alone, when someone asks for an explanation or help it's just my nature to try and sort it out but I'll try to kerb my helpful streak in future.

/me stands up and walks across the room and back again.

I'm just not sure where all this is going and if I want to tag along with it. [face_thinking]

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Oh I'm sorry to hear that Martin. [:D]

You were just trying to help I know, but I learned that in matters like this it is best to let those with the "power" deal with the BS. ;)

3. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    You're quite right Wendy and I won't be doing it again. I'm just one of those folks that gets very frustrated with red tape and bureaucracy.

4. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    i got to say at this point that i agree with martin. the fun has gone from the whole thing, and i don`t think that this is the place to deal with it. [face_plain]

5. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Oh guys, what's going on that makes you say that? Running a club is never easy but it is suppose to be fun. Your just going through the growing pains right now. Stick it out and everything will be cool.

Plus who am I going to BS with in the Pub over there if you both aren't there, Jimbo!?! [face_laugh]

6. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    I'm with my two best buddies on here on this one.....its not fun anymore its a chore...i know certain people are going to read this but I don't care because I want to express my feelings about the way we do certain things...wheres the fun gone too?[face_worried]

7. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    You guys are the real founders of the Chapters for FF-UK you're bound to run headlong into brick walls every now and again because no one knows they're there because no one's got this far before :)

So yeah it probably seems hard right now and sometimes frustrating but you're really helping and if you give up I'm coming around to your houses with my whip to give you all what for *shakes fist* :p

8. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    My give up! My give up!!!!:D

9. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Or not... depends on if you'd like it or not :p

10. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    erm....i think i could persuade mysefl to like it......with the right insentive! =P~

11. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    What is it this time?

12. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Too frelling early for me to be awake, that's what time it is! :p

13. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    My friend Christina says that running a club takes lots of time and lots of money but I don't think that should mean that we should forget the fun that's supposed to be involved. If it's too much of a pain no one will hate you forever if you feel you need to take a break....well, I won't but I don't know you so... ;)

14. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    I don't know, I come over here to get some peace and quiet, I stay out of the way so as not to meddle and get involved with things that I shouldn't and I still get in to trouble !

/me finds a rock to crawl under.

15. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    * already under rock *

oi! get your own!

:p

16. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    *Destroys the rock*

Come on you two, you can't run and hide. It's a new club and everyone has got their feelers out and about learning all of this along with you guys.

[:D]

17. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Wendy in the novel of RotS Obi Wan is described as a Jedi that would much rather sit in a cave and meditate than be out there fighting the clone wars, right now I know just how he feels. I need to take some time and look at what's going on around me.

18. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    I see your point there Martin, really I do. Sometimes things get so nuts that you have to step back and take a breather.

Take all the time you want here m8. :D

19. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Ah a nice comfortable chair to relax in, no one giving me grief about why I'm in here, AHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ok so it's Friday and everyone should let their hair down on a Friday, that's what they're for.

I was standing next to a mountain and I chop it down with the edge of my hand, I pick up all the pieces and make an island. . . . . . . . . . I'm a voodoo chile, voodoo chile . . . . . .

You just can't beat a bit of Jimmy on a Friday.

20. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    It's JIMI, you silly swat (substitute the "s" for a "t")! :p

21. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    Think you need to ease up on the caffine there Joe me ole m8e.

Relax, it's Friday :D

22. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

Joe has "s"wat issues! :p

23. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Some people have issues. I have subscriptions. :p

24. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I have presciptions !

25. Tay-Mar

Apr 4, 2005
    That's what I need on a Monday night, a comfortable chair, foot stool and an open fire I-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.