main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Halloween at the WOTR - SUNDAY OCT 30th

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sarnia, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Cool! Thanx for the pics Graco/JT!

Looks like much fun was had.

I take it we had an R2-pinata this year?????

That woulda been good to know in advance, as I was telling everyone about a Death Star pinata.....

I think FD even plugged it as such on the radio last week???

He looked great though, regardless.

2. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Thank you all for your work, your time and your commitment to this event. We had close to 300 people in the museum yesterday (not including all of us), and this makes it one of their most successful days on record. The store took in a considerable sum for the day and the raffle was a HUGE hit, as well as a money maker.

A few people of note, that I just have to mention:

The Sith Couple - Your construction efforts were stellar and really helped to bring a signature to this event, with both the Jabba Feeding Frenzy and the ever popular pinata of doom. Your generosity is most welcome, and I am ever grateful for your assistance and support.

TahiriSolo & her Mom - You guys were awesome! Your prizes were a life saver and manning that Jabba all day (as well as cutting out masks) was a huge help.

The Wannabe Couple - You were both a huge help at the different activities and I love seeing the costumes you guys come up with for this event [face_laugh]

jthornto - You ran that table like you've been doing it for years, and sometimes we forget you haven't even been in the group that long... Thanks for the time you put in and those masks were a HUGE hit.

Pooh Bear - As a Pinata Host you were magnificent! The interaction w/ the R2's was fantastic, and you really helped to keep the kids and the parents involved through the whole thing... I also think you were a great asset to the raffle table, and might have even boosted a few sales ;)

cyodarun - Your donations and the time you put in at the raffle table was spectacular. It made it easier for me, knowing you had it under control.

hyperdyne - Those new modifications to R2 really made an impact with the kids and your antics at the Pinata were priceless. You and R2 are welcome any time!

darkmood - Despite having to chase you down a few times, your announcements were great and they kept everyone informed and helped to showcase each of the tables.

Jedi_Dragon - We dragged you out of bed AND made you don the Sparkly red Panties, but you took it all in stride and for that I am grateful... It was worth it to see the look on Baby Robin's face when he saw you [face_love]

Fenig - Thank you for your antics during the costume contest, it really helped to keep people going through THIRTY NINE PARTICIPANTS!!!! :eek:

And finally... Sarnia - For paving the way to get this done and all the prep work you put into it. I am sooooo glad we were able to rock this event and hopefully the board from slumber to make it a record setting day. Just wait until NEXT year :D [face_devil]

Thank you all again, this was a real joy for me (despite how my body is reacting now), and I really appreciate every single person that contributed to this amazing day. So, mark your calendars for next year and keep those ideas coming :D

3. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    the CEO singled me out today to say

GREAT JOB, everything looked so great and fun and can't wait for next year=)

4. JediKnightAlestor

JediKnightAlestor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2004
    Feels left out...[face_worried]

5. hyperdyne

hyperdyne Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks, we certainly had a blast! Even if you did beat up a candy-filled astromech :oops:. I was glad R2 could be part of the event. He made it through this time with no malfunctions (which is always good). :)

BTW the jabba toss was cool, great idea! The whole event was very fun, cant wait to do it again. Congrats to everyone who worked hard behind the scenes to make this happen....

6. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Rumor has it that the Steel City Jedi did a fine job as well.

Again, my thanx to all for their participation. Sorry I could only be there in spirit.

7. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Can't forget the Pueblonians. Gotta give props to the homies.

Darth_Nast_T, Kaety, Rachel, I, and our kids all went to the Cheyenne Mtn Zoo on Sunday. We had fun even though it was cold and rainy. LOL. But it sounds like everything at the WOTR went off good and as planned.

8. Izeith_Katarn

Izeith_Katarn Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    Sniff....Sniff.....Sniff......

Crying on the Field.......

9. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying, there's no crying in Star Wars. Darth Vader was my Sith Lord, and he called me a talking pile of huttspit. And that was when my parents flew all the way in from the Outer Rim to see me quash the Rebellion. And did I cry? NO. NO. And do you know why? Because there's no crying in Star Wars.

10. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    ROTFLMAO!!!

That is awsome!!

Good movie quote + star wars twist= Pure gold.

11. Yoda_ate_Mirax

Yoda_ate_Mirax Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2003
    I missed Pooh Bear getting raffled and JD in the sparkly red panties!?
    I'm saddened... :(

But - I DO have an imagination!!!!! [face_whistling]:D[face_devil][face_laugh]

12. JediKnightAlestor

JediKnightAlestor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2004
    hmmmm..... :( Thanks cory it looks like you took an interest in the group. The pics were great!!!!!

13. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Just got this today from the museum:

Jennifer,
    I wanted to let you know how much we at Wings appreciated you and all the other groups that made the Halloween event happen. If it were not for you and the rest, we would not have been able to pull off the event - no ifs, ands, or buts. You guys were AWESOME! It was such a pleasure to see how well coordinated, motivated, and enthusiastic all of the groups were. Please give our warmest regards and thanks to each and every person that took so much time to help our museum out! We truly appreciate it.

Well, on to next year, no? I have heard so many wonderful comments from the parents of Lowry kids, that I know that next year's event will only be better attended. I also plan to address the board about how well the event was attended and received by the community.

Again, thank you so much for all your help. I look forward to doing it again next, although, I plan on being a Stormtrooper this time! Can't play favorites, you know.

Please pass this email along to as many of your group as possible. I would love for them to know how much we appreciated their hard work and efforts on behalf of the museum.

mrb

Matthew R. Burchette
    Director of Operations/Curator
    Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum

14. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Ok, I'm a little misty over that letter of thanks. That is soooo cool!

15. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004

He forgot to add SUPREME GOOBERHEAD to his title....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.