main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hangman: Week 3 begins - Final scores are up.

Discussion in 'Archive: Western Canada Regional Forum' started by AmberStarbright, Jul 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Have you taken your meds this morning?

No, but I'd be happy to take something sharp and give you a special present. ;) [face_mischief]

2. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Dude... you're a little freaky, y'know that? :p

3. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    [face_laugh]
    Sorry had a guest over this weekend so I didn't get the time to be on enough.

Anyway as for the final scores it's

Tie: 375
    liannb: 10
    Indy: 485
    Winterfrost: 60
    shadey: 30
    geekgirl: 95
    Rogue_Thunder: 160
    Alakin_Marshwalker: 25
    SquallLeonhart: 10

Making Indy the winner again ;)

4. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Indy has already done one. So, as second place, I should do the next one.

5. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    TiePilot: the rules when the game was set out were that the winner sets up the next week's game. No provision is made for the second placers, I'm sorry.

If you are finding your temper getting the better of you, perhaps you could take a break from the game: it is, after all a gam. There is a certain level of rancour in your posts that belies you're actually having any *fun*.

Breathe, my friend. :) It's a silly game.

*Derisa*

6. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    TiePilot: the rules when the game was set out were that the winner sets up the next week's game. No provision is made for the second placers, I'm sorry.

If we go by that logic, then I'll never do one.

If you are finding your temper getting the better of you, perhaps you could take a break from the game: it is, after all a gam. There is a certain level of rancour in your posts that belies you're actually having any *fun*.

I know that it's a game, but I fail to see why I should have any fun in a game that is obviously one sided.

7. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    One sided becasue the folks with the most online time have a better chance of winning, you mean?

8. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    One sided becasue the folks with the most online time have a better chance of winning, you mean?

Yes. I am sure that there are other things these people could be doing than sitting in front of a computer.

9. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    No, there really isn't. :p

Besides, I know for a fact that Indy only posts during his coffee breaks. Posting once an hour seems fair to me...

As for me I'm not posting in here nearly as much as I was and I haven't actually solved a puzzle since the first week, I believe.

10. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Yes. I am sure that there are other things these people could be doing than sitting in front of a computer.

So says the man who is carrying on a conversation on an online messageboard... oh the irony!!!

Week 4 begins momentarily!!!!

11. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    So says the man who is carrying on a conversation on an online messageboard... oh the irony!!!

We both know why I'm doing that.

12. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    I think it's a perceptual thing, guys. It can be very frustrating to try and follow a game and stay on top of the guesses and then be *so* close to the solution and then have someone else get it right out from under you, but the fact of the matter is, that's the way this game works. I think it has some flaws that can be worked out, to even up the playing field, but there's always going to be one person quicker on the draw than the other players.

However, if anyone's temper is flaring over this, they feel it's unfair or whatever: they can stop playing till they're a bit cooler, rather than taking it out on the other players, or making threats, even in jest, which are against the TOS.

*Derisa*

13. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    You might... but I sure don't... no 10-10-220 in your area?

14. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    what the heck is 10-10-220?

*Derisa*

(Oh no, my ignorance is showing!)

15. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    It some sort of long distance calling plan... an allusion as to why he would have to use the internet, cause he can't afford the long distance... or something like that... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.