main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Happy Stuff Venting Thread!!!!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by cyodarun, Aug 30, 2003.

1. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
  2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Horray! :)

3. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I got a new job! I'll be working st the Longmont Humane Society. :). I'll be working two days a week and Saturdays :). . I'm going to be helping with adoptions mostly and eventually cross train on the intake desk :)

4. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    YAY!!!,!

5. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Congrats, catz! That sounds great!

I was successful with San Diego Comic Con registration this morning. Three friends and I had 4-day passes from pre-reg and were hoping to upgrade to 4-day with preview night. Another friend had only Thurs and Sunday. I was able to upgrade all of us to 4-day with preview night. [face_dancing] It's not as easy as it sounds though - we crowdsourced, and with 7 people trying 2-3 browsers each, had only ONE success at reaching the "waiting room".

QueenHighMistress and PtrsonsZOO like this.
  6. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Very cool! We plan to go some year, it just gets so expensive and I always want to do more thing then we can afford ;)

7. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    How's the new job?? I bet you rock!

8. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I love it! It's great to find an animal the perfect home, and see it all happy going home. :)

FanForced and QueenHighMistress like this.
  9. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Congrats, animals YAY. We go back and forth about getting Buster a friend, Dan put it best when he said Buster would be happier to get another human. lol

10. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Buster needs a kitty.

11. catz44

Jul 25, 2004

I agree!! ;)

12. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    I wasn't sure where to post this without starting a new thread but I really need some honest critique on this piece I am entering for The Dark Side tee shirt contest.
    What do you like? What don't You like? I want to stand out in this competition as best I can and I need my fellow geeks! [face_monkey]
    [​IMG]

13. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Corey,

I have to say I think I need a shirt and or print with this on it!!

I think it looks GREAT!!!!!

That is my honest criticism :)

gra-co_o_hun likes this.
  14. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    That's pretty frickin awesome as is!

gra-co_o_hun likes this.
  15. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Oh and I just set it as my desktop background for my work computer :)

16. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Looks great! Quite villainous. The color scheme is definitely of the dark side.
    Would putting in a captured bounty (i.e. Han Solo in carbonite, Jar Jar in carbonite, scalped Wookiee, etc) show him at an even badder level? Just a thought.

17. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Well BFett... if it gets picked as one of the winners, you will get your chance to own a shirt. So I guess I can count on your vote then.;)

if you want me to send you a nicer wallpaper Shane, I would be happy to make one for you. :D

JT, thanks, I did consider that but I also didn't want to clutter it up too much with other distractions. I wanted that "Lone Figure" mood. I need to make some minor adjustments thanks to some pointers from DH but overall, I'm pleased. I might try a couple more designs before the deadline but at least I did one right? [face_monkey]

Thanks Guys! Thanks Nerf!

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  18. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Looks awesome! Love the color scheme and how you decided to do his gun in blue, excellent choices :)

gra-co_o_hun likes this.
  19. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    HOLY HELLFIRE! That's a seriously AWESOME Fett! I love the colors, because they compliment & contrast perfectly to give an amazing tone to the whole piece. And the "caption" is dead on!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

gra-co_o_hun likes this.
  20. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Love, love LOVE the background! :eek: So gritty! It makes Mr. Fett look clean in comparison. The colors are awesome. I'm guessing some of the tips DH gave you are costume-related. My only suggestion, which is more of an observation, is that Fett's lines are very heavy compared to the splattery background, so that it looks like an overlay and not quite part of the same scene, if that make sense...? I'm not properly caffeinated.... [face_tired]

21. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
  22. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Yeah Queenie, DH had some costume pointers and I do see what you are saying about the heavy line around his outline area. I will decrease that and see how that looks. I really just want him to stand out but the lighting might be just enough and an artist friend of mine thinks the gun looks too flat so i have to address that as well. See? all these things help Gang! ^:)^ [face_monkey]

23. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Oh, good, I was afraid I was being incoherent. 8-} I think the colors will make him 'pop' enough. :) And I see what your friend is saying about the gun compared to Fett himself. Shiny!

24. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    My shifts changed so now I work Sundays instead of Saturdays! This will DEFINITELY help my social calendar ;)

Sarnia, DieWompRatDie and FanForced like this.
  25. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    The red hair dye that bled on my $50 Broncos hoodie looks like it will come out with another washing. WHEW!

DieWompRatDie and catz44 like this.