main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter] The Reluctant Journal of Ron Weasley- 2011 Dear Diary Challenge Completed 12/21

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by FelsGoddess, Jan 1, 2011.

1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Entry Nine
    Well, journal, you are about to laugh your head off. Hold up. Did I just refer to this blasted thing as a person? I knew this was a bad idea. Journals make people crazy. I?m talking to myself. Once my training is done, I?m burning this thing.

Right, so I?m sitting in a hospital in Romania recovering from dragon burns. I would love to say that the injuries occurred on some life-saving assignment or that I jumped in front of a den of dragon?s fire to save a toddler, but alas, I cannot. This is all Charlie?s fault. Don?t let his quiet charm make you think otherwise. (Hear that, Mum? All Charlie.)

Aurors need to handle themselves in impossible situations and all of that rubbish the handbook states. I did read it, er once. Hermione will mention parts sometimes. Don?t give me that look. Of course she read it. Put a book near her and she?ll look at it. Hm, that gives me an idea?never mind. Apparently, hunting and destroying Horcruxes isn?t enough. The trainers like to send us places where deadly creates live. Luckily (or not, I haven?t decided yet), Charlie heard about this little venture and suggested I meet some dragons. My trainers approved it. Harry is out with a group doing something with a banshee.I thought it would be an easy assignment. Spend a few hours staring at dragons from a safe distance, hang out with Charlie and go home.

I was wrong.

Right before I left the Auror training grounds, I was informed that Bilson would be joining me. Fantastic. The two of us managed to make it to Romania without harming each other. Charlie had left me a message telling us to meet him at the pen by the forest. It was pretty easy to find. He was standing inside feeding young dragons. When he saw us, he left the pen and gave us a rundown of the behaviors and dangers of Hungarian Horntails. I pointed out that I?d see what they could do, but that didn?t matter. These dragons weren?t full-grown. They were only a couple years old. Their horns hadn?t fully developed and they weren?t very tall.

Charlie told us we could enter the pen, but we had to be careful and stay by the gate. Like an idiot, I walked right in. These were just baby dragons. I?d ridden a dragon; I could deal with a few small ones.

I think you see where this is going.

Bilson and I watched as Charlie fed the dragons. They seemed to like him. It was weird. Like an idiot, I took a few steps away from the gate. Bad move. Two of the dragons ran over to me and spat fire. Before I knew it, my skin felt like it was on fire. I felt myself being knocked back and dragged through the gate. I could hear Charlie doing something with the little beasts. I opened my eyes to thank him when I made a horrible discovery.

Bilson saved me.

I am never going to live this down.

Signing off
    Ron Weasley, dragon bait

2. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Hahaha! Oh Ron, you really are never going to live that down. :)

Put a book near her and she?ll look at it. Hm, that gives me an idea?never mind.

Getting devious ideas, Ronny-poo? You better hope Hermione never reads this. :p

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Well, journal, you are about to laugh your head off.

The journal is about to laugh it's head off? :confused: I guess if paintings can, why not journals. :p

Put a book near her and she?ll look at it. Hm, that gives me an idea?never mind.

What are you planning there, Ron?

Bilson saved me.

[face_laugh] And added insult to injury.

Well, Ron, look at this this way - maybe it's the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    (Hear that, Mum? All Charlie.)

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I can't believe Bilson saved Ron!! Ron's never going to live this down :p

Absolutely hilarious!!

5. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    JediMara77
    Hahaha! Oh Ron, you really are never going to live that down. happy
    Noe. :p

Getting devious ideas, Ronny-poo? You better hope Hermione never reads this. tongue

Or anyone else, for that matter. Thank you!

Hazel
    What are you planning there, Ron?

Something... [face_whistling]

Bilson saved me.
    laugh And added insult to injury.
    Well, Ron, look at this this way - maybe it's the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Certainly makes it worse! Thanks for reading!

NYCitygurl
    (Hear that, Mum? All Charlie.)
    laugh laugh

He's not so innocent. :p

I can't believe Bilson saved Ron!! Ron's never going to live this down tongue
    Absolutely hilarious!!

Thank you!

6. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Entry Ten
    I knew the whole dragon episode would cause me problems.

Bilson and I handed in our reports and the one from Charlie. The Auror Department knows the truth about what happened. Bilson?s version that he told everyone is much, much different. The way he tells it, he rescued me from being ripped to shreds by four dragons. Thanks for that, Bilson. Being called dragon bait by the entire Auror Department and members of the Ministry is such a joy.

There?s another version of the story, the one I told Mum and Hermione. Mum bought it. I think she knew I was glossing over how bad the burns were, but she didn?t say anything. I was alive and healed, which was more important to her than anything else was. Hermione saw right through me. She didn?t say anything until we arrived back at my flat. Then she let me have it. I don?t know why I try to soften what happens at my job. She?s been tortured by Bellatrix Lestrange; she?s tough. I went on the defensive, stating that I wasn?t a novice with dragons and in no real danger. I told her stop overreacting. Bad, bad idea. Many people think that Hermione?s scolding is the worst punishment but they are wrong. Her silent treatment is much worse, just ask Harry. Hermione is good at the silent treatment. She can look right at me and ignore me. It?s like she is staring at whatever is behind me. When she?s yelling or arguing, I can break through.

Shortly after our spat, Hermione went into the bedroom. This is my flat (well, Harry and I?s) and she kicked me out of my bedroom.

It was at this moment that Harry, Ginny and George showed up. It took Harry about half a second to ask what I did now. There was no point in lying. Hermione would tell Ginny, who would then tell Harry. I gave brief synopsis of the events. Ginny disappeared into my bedroom to talk to Hermione. More like to discuss what an idiot men are or something girly like that (do NOT spread that statement around. I?m almost in the clear).

Hermione and Ginny reappeared after ten minutes. I managed to get her into the hallway and apologized. She forgave me, finally, with a shake of the head. We then had a somewhat pleasant evening. I thought everything was fine, but Hermione and Ginny left shortly after dinner, saying they were going out and not to expect them to return to the flat.

Needless to say, Harry was rather annoyed. He couldn?t say anything, though, not with George sitting in the room. He?s still not off the hook for proposing to our baby sister.

Now I?m sitting in Hermione?s kitchen. I brought her breakfast this morning. She forgave me, but a plate of pastries always helps. I am not as clueless as people think.

Signing off,
    Ron Weasley, victim of lies

7. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Awww, poor Ron. Ron, she only worries because she loves you.

Like the part about George and not forgiving Harry for proposing to Ginny. I imagine if he could, Fred would be haunting and tormenting Harry forever. [face_laugh]

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Too funny!!

9. QueenArdnassak

QueenArdnassak Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 30, 2009
    Now I?m sitting in Hermione?s kitchen. I brought her breakfast this morning. She forgave me, but a plate of pastries always helps. I am not as clueless as people think.

Aww, how thoughtful... :D

Amazing updates. I especially loved the part about the dragon. ;)

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That's right Ron, pastries help. [face_laugh]

11. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    JediMara77
    Awww, poor Ron. Ron, she only worries because she loves you.
    Like the part about George and not forgiving Harry for proposing to Ginny. I imagine if he could, Fred would be haunting and tormenting Harry forever. laugh

Fred would be a fantastic ghost. :D Thank you!

NYCitygurl
    laugh laugh Too funny!!
    Thank you!

QueenArdnassak

Aww, how thoughtful... grin
    Amazing updates. I especially loved the part about the dragon. wink

Yep, he is. Thank you very much! :D

Hazel

That's right Ron, pastries help. laugh
    [face_laugh] Yep. Thank you!

12. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Entry Eleven
    The Auror trainees were given the past week off. Harry went to spend a few days with Teddy. I volunteered at the joke shop. I can?t call it George?s shop; it?s both he and Fred?s dream. I can?t call it Fred and George?s shop either. Referring to it that way almost feels like I?m in denial that Fred is dead.

George debated whether to keep WWW open after Fred died. In the end, he realized that it was the best way to keep Fred alive. Percy helped him with the shop for while, almost as an act of penance, I think. We all pitched in from time to time to keep it going. It took a year for Mum to manage trip there. She was so happy to see Fred?s dream still alive and work appreciated. It seemed to help her cope with his death. I think it helped all of us.

Working at WWW is an adventure, to say the least. George has a habit of not telling his employees about anything new in the store. He lets us find out on our own, which usually leads to some type of amusing event that delights the customers.

George sent me to work in the Hogsmeade shop for a couple of days. He said that he didn?t have time to check in. He doesn?t visit that store much. He actually strays pretty far from the Hogwarts area in general, not that anyone blames him. He does host demonstrations of products on Hogsmeade days.

The Hogsmeade shop is much smaller than the one in Diagon Alley, though just as loud. You can see it from far down the road. It specializes in items more desirable by students. Many of the Hogwarts students came by this week before returning home for the summer holiday.

It was during such a visit that a display holding bottles of love potion was broken.

I hate that product more than anything in the store. I go out of my way not to touch the stuff. Harry, the traitor, told George and Fred what happened when I was given the stuff in sixth year. Every since then, they used me as a testimony to its effectiveness.

A group of five graduates was gathered around the shelf arguing. Why they were arguing and not celebrating that they were done with Hogwarts I don?t know. I?m not sure exactly what happened, but one was knocked into the shelf and broke it. Love potion spill everywhere. Now this type required hair of the person you wanted the victim to fall for. Well, as rotten luck would have it, one of mine was on the floor and five students were stumbling towards me like idiots. Fortunately, George had a cabinet in the back for just such accidents. It took a lot of time, but the students were sorted out, charged for the damage and kicked out.

Not before one of them grabbed my hand and commented on how my eyes were like the sea after a storm.

Signing off
    Ron Weasley, leader of the ?Abolish Love Potions Campaign?

13. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    I volunteered at the joke shop. I can?t call it George?s shop; it?s both he and Fred?s dream. I can?t call it Fred and George?s shop either. Referring to it that way almost feels like I?m in denial that Fred is dead.

I will not cry while watching DH2. I will not cry while watching DH2.

I'm probably going to cry so hard while watching DH2.

Harry, the traitor, told George and Fred what happened when I was given the stuff in sixth year.

[face_laugh] Of course he did.

LOL poor Ron.

14. QueenArdnassak

QueenArdnassak Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 30, 2009
    Not before one of them grabbed my hand and commented on how my eyes were like the sea after a storm.

[face_laugh] Oh, poor Ron. He has such awful luck with love potions.

I second the sentiment that I will most likely cry like a fool during DH2...:_|

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That was so touching!!

And the love potion bit was a riot :D I'm sure Ron hasn't the slightest intention of ever dealing with them again :p

16. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    JediMara77
    I volunteered at the joke shop. I can?t call it George?s shop; it?s both he and Fred?s dream. I can?t call it Fred and George?s shop either. Referring to it that way almost feels like I?m in denial that Fred is dead.
    I will not cry while watching DH2. I will not cry while watching DH2.
    I'm probably going to cry so hard while watching DH2.

:(

Harry, the traitor, told George and Fred what happened when I was given the stuff in sixth year.
    laugh Of course he did.
    LOL poor Ron.

Who could pass up some a great opportunity? [face_laugh] Thanks!

QueenArdnassak
    laugh Oh, poor Ron. He has such awful luck with love potions.

:p

I second the sentiment that I will most likely cry like a fool during DH2... cry
    :( Thank you!

NYCitygurl

That was so touching!!
    And the love potion bit was a riot grin I'm sure Ron hasn't the slightest intention of ever dealing with them again tongue

Thank you! :D

17. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Entry Twelve
    Harry Potter is a traitor.

Oh, he acts all innocent with his ?I saved the world? notoriety and do-gooder attitude, but deep down he is a maniacal evil sister-stealer.

I knew he was up to no good when he suggested we stop be WWW after training. It wasn?t an unusual occurrence, but he had a shifty look in his eyes. Ada, one of the evening clerks, told us George was upstairs. We found him in his kitchen, ledgers, parchment and who knew what else spread over his kitchen table. Percy was there helping him go over finances.

George acted relived to see us and offered us a drink. I think he was just looking for a reason to stop working. After about five minutes, Percy asked Harry what was going on.

That is when Harry went from my best friend to a traitor.

He said that he and Ginny were moving up the wedding. After looking at the guest list, they realized that it would be difficult for some to leave Hogwarts to attend. Instead of pushing it back until right after Christmas, or just calling it off (which sounds reasonable to me), they moved it to the end of the summer.
    That?s right. My baby sister is going to be a Potter in a month. August 29.

I am as disgusted and annoyed as you are.

Mum and Dad already know. Ginny told them yesterday. This means Bill, Flur and Charlie know. I?ll admit, I hope my sister told Harry he had to tell George, Percy and I in person.

The three of us put on our best intimidating glares as Harry shifted uncomfortable in his seat. Our glares weren?t as affective as what Percy said next, though.

?Is Ginny pregnant??

Harry about fell out of his chair. He insisted that she wasn?t, sputtering and stumbling over his words. I have to hand it to Percy. He freaked Harry out very nicely.
    Fortunately, George and Percy needed to finish working. After Harry and I exited the shop, he asked me if I was okay with it and apologized for the rush.

You see what I mean about him being diabolical? He can?t let me stew, oh no. I shrugged it off and reminded him to tell Hermione.

?Oh, she already knows. Ginny wanted her opinion before she made her decision. She asked Hermione not to tell. She wanted me to do it.?

Ha! Good for Ginny. Make Harry sweat it out.

We returned to our flat, but I headed to Hermione?s a few minutes later. She was thrilled about the news and informed me that Ginny already picked out the robes I have to wear. I need to go in for measurements in two days.

Damn you, Harry Potter.

Signing off,
    Ron Weasley, blindsided brother

18. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004

[face_laugh]

The three of us put on our best intimidating glares as Harry shifted uncomfortable in his seat. Our glares weren?t as affective as what Percy said next, though.

?Is Ginny pregnant??

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Oh, that was hysterical. :D

19. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Percy's hilarious :D

20. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh]

Way to go, Percy!

21. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    JediMara77
    laugh

My favorite line. :p

?Is Ginny pregnant??
    laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
    Oh, that was hysterical. grin

Percy: 1 Harry: 0

Thank you!

NYCitygurl

laugh laugh Percy's hilarious grin
    He won the conversation. :p

Hazel
    laugh
    Way to go, Percy!

He got him. :p

22. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Entry Thirteen
    Bill?s wedding taught me very important lesson- weddings make people crazy.

For the record, I am not terrified or intimidated by Mum or Fleur. They needed help with invitations. I happened to be at the Burrow when they asked for help. I agreed, because as I said, weddings make the sanest person lose their minds. In addition, I needed to look as unsuspicious as possible.

My mission was simple. I was to sort through the list of invitations and check the names off the massive list. I don?t think Harry realizes what he?s gotten himself into. The Boy-Who-Lived cannot get married without a huge crowd. The reception will be much bigger than the wedding. The reception will be at the Burrow and the ceremony in Godric?s Hollow.

Fleur and Mum chatted about Victoire and Fleur?s pregnancy. After enduring six pregnancies, Mum knows everything there is to know about the subject.

I made it three-fourths through the stack when Gabrielle appeared to help. I?m glad she arrived when she did. Right before she showed up, Mum started to ask about Hermione and me.

I don?t want to discuss Hermione and I?s future with Mum yet. I?m not going to propose to her at the wedding. I have something else planned and no one knows the whole story. Or when it will happen.

You see, I?ve always known that I want to propose to Hermione, but it was a question of timing. I want to be able to take care of Hermione, not that she needs it. I mentioned my plan earlier and I intend to stick to it.

With Gabrielle present, I was no longer needed. I was finally free to do what I came here for. Charlie needed me to pick up something from his room. It was right where he said: in a wooden box on his desk.

I opened the box and pulled out the small moving model of a dragon. It growled in my hand. I grinned.

It would work perfectly.

In the name of secrecy, I cannot divulge what Charlie and I am using this for. All I can say is that I took it to George for step two, along with something else for him to alter. I secured each item in its own dark purple drawstring bag.

My trip to the main WWW shop was, as usual, loud and entertaining. George reminded me that I had agreed to work next Saturday for him. He and Angelina are going to a Quidditch match. George is preparing for the new year at Hogwarts. I?ll be spending most of my free time at the shop in Diagon Alley. Between the wedding, training and WWW, the next month looks like a mess.

Signing off,
    Ron Weasley, on a secret mission

23. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    oooh, a secret mission. Wonder what it is! [face_mischief]

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Ok: wedding + proposing to Hermione + model dragon that is being taken to George along with something else = intriguing [face_mischief]

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Secret mission, huh? Does it have anything to do with the aforementioned proposal? [face_mischief]