main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Harry Potter

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by lordsinner, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordsinner

lordsinner Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    Just here to remind everyone that Harry Potter and the something or other arrives in bookstores across the galaxy July 15, 2005, this Friday.

That is all.
    Goodbye.

2. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    Actually its called Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and it will be in stores July 16, 2005.

3. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    Oooooooooooh, Zak busted you again!!! Before you post stuff, be sure you know what the title is and when it releases. Dang, Chinstrap, get it in gear.[face_not_talking]

Nice job Zak! =D=

4. DarthCynthia72

DarthCynthia72 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I think HP is cool. But, my 9 year old daughter won't stop talking about it. And it's not gonna stop when the book is released. The fourth movie comes out in November.

5. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Yeah, Potter is cool. My 11 year old niece is in love with the guy. They better finish those movies quick though. By the time they are done, there will be a lot more boys at those movies checking out Hermione than girls watching Harry.

Those kids are pushing the outer edge of puberty pretty hard. They're going to look like the 90210 kids soon. 20 years old and playing 14. Not gonna work!

6. thx1067

thx1067 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 30, 2003
    sickO.

Law enforcement is watching. hehehe.

7. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    I didn't mean me. I prefer to do my drooling over legal age women. 18 and over, please....

8. lordsinner

May 9, 2005
    I knew the name, I'm just too out of it to write it down. Congestion highway is in town. And the date is right. It comes out on July 15, 2005 at "midnight" for those who have reserved copies and things of that nature. Gotta Go.

Lord Sinner

P.S. I do check the date. Borders.com, Barnes and Noble.com, I'm always checking there website for Star Wars and Star Trek books. I like to stay up to date in the Science Fiction section.

"The force is strong with Harry Potter. Too strong."

9. lordsinner

May 9, 2005
    Looks like I busted Zak actually. He provided the name though. I'll give him credit for that.

Lord Sinner
    Good Bye!

10. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    You cause me such pain, Chinstrap. Everyone and their mama knows that the book releases at 12:00am. If it were 11:59 pm then it would be Friday, July 15th. However, as we all learned in school, when the clock strikes 12:00 am, it is the next morning. Soooooo, that would make the book release Saturday, July 16th.[face_not_talking]

:confused: Now, hold onto your straps, Special Ed, cause THIS is going to blow the 2 peas you call a mind out:

A day has 23 hours and 59 minutes in it!!! The day starts at 12:00 am and ends at 11:59pm. We just round up to an even 24!!!

Sooooo, Zak still busted you. You can make checks payable to Zak Kimmell. Why? Cause you owe him money for the time he took to correct your tardedness...:oops:

As a matter of fact...you owe all of us. I will gladly accept payment in sammitches in lieu of money. I don't know about everyone else. :cool:

11. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Man!!! - I think I've lost count of how many times you GOT OWNED on this forum Chinstrap . . .

Your "Got Nothin" T-shirt is in the mail . . .

-John

12. lordsinner

May 9, 2005
    Well, your "I got nobody" shirt is on its way to your place as well. And, it has a side of Jango Fett and his clones are gettin their butts kicked by jedi.

Lord Sinner
    Goodbye

P.S. That didn't make since to me either.

13. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    0.0 Chinstrap

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, I can only think of one:
    [image=http://www.thejedicounciloftexas.com/nickheadshot.jpg]

"WHAAAAAAAT?"

14. lordsinner

May 9, 2005
    I wasn't alive at the moment. Who took that. I'm calling my agent.

Lord Sinner

15. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    Oh, what the heck..............

What did Zak's five fingers say to Chinstrap's face???........SLAP!!!!!

And you spell sense....S E N S E......not S I N C E......sense meaning understanding.... since meaning a moment in time....

I will also take payment in sammitches....Chick-fil-A........Hop to it.....Do it now!!!

16. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    OK.....Picture caption contest.....Looking at the picture above....please chime in with your caption...Best caption WILL NOT get Spurs tickets from Lord "Hobbit" Sinner much less any sammitches...

1) "I can't believe Peter Jackson cut me out of the LOTR trilogy...."

17. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    My entries for the caption the pic contest:

1) "Duhhh, that door tastes Brown."

2) "Whuuuuut?"

3) "I like monkeys . . . uh. . . that doesn't sound right."

4) "Whut?!?"

5) "Muffins make me big and uh . . . whut ?!?"

And finally

6) "Whut?"

18. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    ROFLMAO!!!!! Damn John!! Excellent stuff!! [face_laugh] =D=

How about these?
    1. Life is like a box of chocolates, you eat them all and then you're fish.

2. 10 minutes til Wapner....

3. Anyone seen my headgear?

4. Pants taste cheesy like buttons.

5. Star Wars Episode VII: "Whaaaaaaaaat?"

19. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    Got some new ones to add from the events yesterday . . .

1) "Dats Deesgusting, you said that a black light would make you glow . . ."

2) "I need to buy a truck so I can drive down that dirt road that looks like Batman's road."

3) "Muffins ? ? ? with . . . uh Chocolate Chips ?!?"

20. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    How about:

1. My head is made of pudding. Butterscotch.

2. My brain is peanut butter

3. I like monkeys

21. DarthCynthia72

DarthCynthia72 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    Have any of you actually read any of the HP books? My daughter got interested in them before she could read. I read the first 3 to her. (a chapter a night) I am not ashamed to say, I really like them. J.K. Rowling is a great author. We read the first 2 after we saw the movies, but we read the third one before we saw the movie & it was exactly the way I saw it in my mind. It was amazing the way the director captured exactly the way I imagined it. I am definately holding on to my daughter's HP toys. I know they're gonna be worth something in years to come.

22. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Nope, Cynthia, and I am....ashamed of myself for not reading the books.

Wait..no I'm not. Nevermind. I've seen the movies and enjoy them. The books are better I'm sure.

23. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    DarthCynthia72

I have read all the books (including HBP) and I must say J.K. Rowling is a genius. She is such a great storyteller and she knows how to keep the reader always wanting more. Book 7 is really going to be great!!

For those of you who haven't read the books and are Potter fans, I highly recommend reading them. The books keep getting longer, which unfortunetly means more stuff cut from the movie.:(

24. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    Dude, my brain can barely hold all the Star Wars and LOTR stuff that's in there! Fine, if someone loans me a Potter book, I will read it. I suppose I need to start at the 1st one then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.