main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Has Clone Wars Jumped the Karkarodon?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Master_Fwiffo, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    While I agree with this general premise, I am always of the mind too much of anything is not good... so with that no having to turn off your brain, and disbelief totally to enjoy something is not a good thing, but I do feel you can enjoy a visual/fantasy/action oriented show just fine even if it has an average to slightly below average script.

And as an aside and to be fair, IMO I found the acting, scripts, creative writing of the power ranger shows to be worse then what we are getting now with TCW. And as I remember the power rangers (My kids watched these intensely) were highly popular with in their demographic.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL. Completely agree with the aside. I'm sorry I use that comparison so often.

3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Let me look in to the crystal ball for you and explain. :-B All of these "random" story threads that are going on this season will come together next season and the one after. They will start to impact the overall storyline and the characters, in particular the original characters like Ahsoka, Lux, Rex, Fives, and Satine. Mark my words, this is all going somewhere...

The reason I'm taking note here is your omnipotent-like stance of dictating what they should and shouldn't be doing. Its one thing to not like what they're doing but saying they shouldn't do it smacks of thinking you own Star Wars. I'm glad you don't own it because I was getting sick of the basic war stuff, with battle after battle in season 1 and 2. They are adding some complexity to the story, and I'm willing to wager these story threads will all coalesce later.

Of course this is what I'm hoping for, and I know others may not like how it plays out. And this is not my show so I won't curse the creators if it doesn't play out as I hoped.

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Until it actually happens, I cannot go by words. It's not only you, but for anyone.

That is my own opinion, Watto. I can state what they are doing right and wrong and you don't have to agree with me. I never said or even considered wanting someone to think that my opinion is absolute. I don't seem to get why you jumped to that conclusion. I respect your opinion about your feelings about the first two seasons, but for me it's opposite. I don't appreciate all this random stuff and they should actually start looking at the war and not Maul revival, teenage love, and all that other crap. That's just me.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Alright GG, I can respect that.

I could've sworn I saw you slipping into GOD MODE and I had to cry foul. ;)

I partially just wanted to take the time to make my wager that all this set up will pay off later. I don't think I've seen any fellow swamis who have been making this call, wishful thinking or not. In my experience I've been enjoying the show anyhow so its probably not as much of an ordeal for me to sit through it.

6. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Well, you read me wrong. ;)

7. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Nobody knows it, but that's what the extra G stands for. ;)

GGrievous likes this.
  8. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Also, perhaps as a common ground for us, I have to admit that I'm not completely sold on the Darth Maul storyline yet. I'm not willing to make a call until I see Revenge and where it leaves that story thread.

So I haven't completely drank the Kool Aid yet... [face_coffee] (Hot cup of Kool Aid?)

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Watto - I have to say it would be pretty cool if they could tie all the storylines together, but like GG I'm pretty skeptical.

Seerow - when I mentioned sweeps, I meant tv shows in general, not TCW. And you're right that "jumping the shark" is a retrospective label, but for the point of the thread, I'm saying having the first half of your S4 finale get...mixed...reviews is a bad sign.

10. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    So Garth, can I get an official LACWAC "I told you so" t-shirt or mug... or something... if I called it? :p

Or perhaps it would be more fitting to say "Tell your sister... Watto was right... he was riiiight..."

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    'Your' season finale? Making it personally mine huh Garth? Cartoon Network and the folks making this show made so much money off my season finale its not funny and come hell or high water its going to be the same result for "Revenge". I want my cut man.

And I also predict the story strands will all merge at the end. The show is starting chugging that way as of this season. Filoni is a RoboTech fan after all.

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Are you being sarcastic here? I haven't had enough coffee and I can't tell. Saying "your S4 finale", I was referring to Filoni, not you.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah that was meant to be sarcastic.

Edit: I do agree that the season episode order should have been different and I would have ordered the episodes differently

I actually would have premiered the season with the Slaves of the Republic arc instead of Umbara because its got all the characters in it, plenty of action, and ends on a high note.

Coming off a good arc next would be "Mercy Mission" and "Nomad Droids" which should perform better after a good arc.

Next comes Umbara.

Then "Shadow Warrior" before winter break. This would be a low performing week anyways.

Come back with the Mon Cala arc.

Then "A Friend in Need"

Jump into the Maul arc second to last.

End with the Rako Hardeen arc once again because all the charactrs are in it, meaning its got something for everybody.

Ofcourse I also would have moved the show to either Monday night at 8:30pm or Saturday night at 8:30pm.

14. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I agree that schedule would have worked better. And I agree with the move to Saturday night.

15. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    The Umbara arc was definitely the highlight of this season. That should have been the finale, IMO.

16. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    NO... to monday night... Fall NFL... sons watching the game with their parents... Saturday .... hmmmm In a way I like Friday, though I would repeat it a little later in the saturday morning line up.

I also see putting the Maul arc second to last ... Krell arc first then end with the Harden Arc ...

17. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    nah , wouldn't work from a story point that way. Maul coming back isn't something so trivial as to not be referenced or have an effect on Kenobi.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    You have a point. Narratively its probably best for the Maul episodes to come after the Hardeen arc.

I actually don't them Umbara would make a good season starter. It would be fine anywhere else including as the finale. I think good opening to the seaon should have all the major players in it which is why I picked the Slave Arc.

I think Saturdays would be the best night for TCW to move to. I don't have any problem watching it on Fridays at 8:00pm but it just can't stay there anymore.

19. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    agreed on Slavers arc , would've made for a very strong opening.

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Even though I don't care for the Mon Calamari arc, the slave arc wouldn't be a choice to replace it as an opening.

For me, season four should just be reduced to the Krell arc.

21. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Agreed about part two and three, but the first episode was TERRIBLE.... wouldn't have worked as a season opener.

22. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    I actually find Jar Jar tolerable in this one.

Jar Jar: Datsa best mesa coulda be expectin.

The real jump for me was reviving Darth Maul. Seriously, if you thought the EU Mandos were annoying, try bringing back Darth Maul. Not only has it been done by both Mary Sue fiction (so he'll be grateful, fall in love with Mei-risuu, and turn his back on the dark side) and slash fiction (so he'll fall in love with Obi-Wan), but it's also the most implausible thing you can imagine. I mean, this is even less plausible than bringing Boba Fett back on the grounds that we have a body. Boba Fett wouldn't have died for a thousand years, if Jabba's to be believed; by contrast, Darth Maul was cut in half. (I assume fanfic writers forget the part where Darth Maul lost everything below the waist.)

And how do we make this worse? Oh, I know: Give him a long, lost brother. Savage Oppress, in addition to having the worst name since General Grievous, only exists so we can have another Darth Maul. So why bring back Darth Maul?:oops:

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Agreed, that would have felt more like a finale instead of another cliff-hanger.

24. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    When? Coruscant. Aayla. Master Vos.
    TCW violations = Mandalore, Ryloth, Mandalore, Ahsoka, Mandalore

Zeta1127 likes this.
  25. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    We should just wait to Season 6 because we know these species are not appearing this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.