main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HEAD'S UP, TROOPS......MISSION TO FOLLOW.....ALL PERSONNEL TO RESPOND ASAP!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by kitarusapien, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I didn't want you asking Kempe, just UP. My thing was that I figured they might already be associated with Kempe, seeing as what they do. But waiting for the Kempe response is probably the best way to go.

-Jennifer

2. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    There's no mention of UP on their site, and likewise for UP mentioning Kempe, but it couldn't hurt to mention it to Kempe, which I already did. I just don't want UP thinking we can get them on board for this Mama's Day gig since the reality is that it probably ain't gonna happen! We can still try to do something for UP, but I think we should avail ourselves of this event for now, since it seems to be for real, and maybe squeeze UP in at some point down the road. I don't want to change horses in mid-stride, but I don't see much choice here if we truly want to be of service to some charity in the Star Wars sense, ya kno?

3. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Sounds good to me.

If we still want to do something for Urban Peak, we could do "drive" for them (food/clothes/books/school suuplies). Or we could put together a meal for them & serve it. That would be a more personal donation, whereas the drives would involve our communities. It'll be much smaller than our original plan but still helping out.

-Jennifer

4. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    I figure if Kempe uses us, we may just get to pull manual labour, but we could still work on the auction and costume contest somewhere else on the 15th as well....heck, I'm gonna be off for all that time anyhew!

5. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I think i'm gonna call this one off and hang out with mom on that day. Unless we get to see star wars or something lol

6. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    count me in for anything . I just erased a whole big letter I was going to post but I started to get a little out of control. to be nice I feel as though some off us a straying to the darkside on this .

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Well, I'd be willing just to help out (I'd still be willing to clean bathrooms, that's what I do at home anyway) :p And it would be awsome if we could get in free, but SD's right, it's for the kids really.

8. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    Yeah, i'm the one who's turned to the dark side on this. I'm willing to help for a cause, sure no problem. But there's nothing involved with doing it. I just don't understand how throwing a bunch of money into an organization is going to prevent child abuse. To me, it's just another greedy scam hiding behind innocent children. So the place gets 100 million...what's that going to do to stop child abuse? Eh, it's the Han Solo in me I guess.

9. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Kempe works to counsel abusers inconjunction w/ social services & the corrections department. They also help people to escape abusive homes, counsel the abused, administer & improve parent education as well as programs in the schools to empower (I do hate that word, but it fits here) children to stand up for themselves and get the help they need. This is money well spent, since it starts from prevention, and goes through intervention and then follows into treatment.

-Jennifer

10. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    so if out of a million a hundred dollars makes it to the child and saves that childs life its not worth it cause everybody took a chunk out of the pot? and by expecting them to give everybody a ticket that they could get a hundred or more dollars . arnt you now one of the money grubers that takes a slice of the pie? only to leave crubs for the actual cause? just think about it .
    I will not say anymore . what we do in life is our own choice.

11. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    a Money Gruber? I'm not trying to get a free show, i'm looking for justification for volunteering my time for absolutely nothing. My volunteering isn't making them any money. I would gladly pay for a ticket to see the show, just not 300+. To me, it's a total waste of time. Sure, we can show up, stand around and smile at everyone that goes to see it, and then what? There is no justification. So we're helping a good cause....by how? And why THIS time? Why not every charity event every week? Because they're watching Star Wars? Oh well, you're right, we make our own decisions. I'll be at home.

12. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, perhaps I should get out the hose for you two.=====~~~~~~~~~~~~~~%

Let's just agree to disagree and move on.

Thanks,

-Jennifer

13. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    agred. :) there is no reson to fight over this its not worth it.

joseph I'm sorry for what I said.please acept my apolage?

but if you still want to hose me down ? sounds like fun to me. ;) as long as its ice cold. by now you should know that something like that would only encourage bad behavior from me. [face_devil]

14. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    of course apology is accepted. I'm sorry as well. Mines of Moria starters came out today, i'll go look through the ones I bought now

15. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    WOW!!!! A self-cleansing human wound! You guys are outstanding! I don't ever think I've ever seen two folks with such opposing views agree to put their differences aside so quickly.....you're both to be commended. A fine example of how people should handle their personal outtakes on life. Well done!!!!

16. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    When People with opposite views argue, they argue for 2 reasons

1. To get the other person to abandon their view and accept the other person's explanation

2. Get their point across

I believe we did the latter, there is no reason to try and get the other person to switch sides. We said what we had to say, we can't change our views, we live with them :) If everyone had the same view, how fun would life be?

17. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    OUTSTANDING! My sentiments exactly.....pretty swift fer a young'un, there you!

18. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    I feel as though fighting helps nothing. why fight over this its meaningless will it change the world? no , so better to put it to rest.
    :)
    but I was really looking forward to a good bath.

19. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I always trying to do number one :D

hehe, it drives my family craze, I have this philosophy 'everything I know is right, and everything you know is wrong' I suppose that's a major character flaw :p But I prefer to call it being 'outspoken' ;)

20. SilverDragon

SilverDragon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    wow, when you people start discussing religion and politics here...I'm gone.

21. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Ooo....good point! That stuff is for the Senate Floor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.