main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Hello All! (New to the boards)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Solo_but_not_alone, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solo_but_not_alone

Solo_but_not_alone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2004

Well I have been dragging my feet over in the fan fic and costuming sections of the boards and never even thought that my home town might have a page. Well I finally made my way over here and I am so glad I found it!

I look forward to chatting and hopefully meeting some other fans in the future. But for now, a big hello to all the other central Floridians!

Abby

2. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Hello!

Well, that's all I got. :)

L8r

3. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    If you ever went into FAO while it lived, you may recall their repetitive song, "Welcome to our World, welcome to our world." If not you're probably wondering, like me, why I wrote that.

Anyhoo, we're a small band, but we do have some activities, and try to keep eachother abreast of the local SW haps, so please stay awhile, take your shoes off. -Campbell

4. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Hello and welcome to the boards. Im also into costuming. Im a member of the 501st, and Im submitting my pics to the Rebellion also. Hopefully you can make it a meeting, or one of out lovely outtings.

5. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Like Campbell said, we are a pretty small group. Small is good though, it's easier to get together according to schedules, and I dunno, it's way better. Kinda like when you go to the movies with people, smaller is better.

Either way, welcome! I am Stefanie and I guess I'll be leaving in about 3 weeks so you might not meet me. At least I'll have a replacement. ;)

6. MarasBlade

MarasBlade Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2000
    I just have to say welcome as well. I'm pretty new to the group and have to say everyone is really great! You'll have to come to and outing and meet everyone.
    Susan

7. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Welcome to these awsome boards. So far, I've only been to one meeting, but they are pretty awsome. This group has grown very much compared to one year ago when I first came here. Just show up to meetings and post alot, and you will have a great time! I am also into costuming, and I'm currently working on Jango Fett and and X-Wing Pilot. I'm also interested in filming, so IF you guys ever get around to that fanfilm, I'm here for assistance.

Once again, Welcome!
    -Anthony

8. LoboStele

LoboStele Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2002
    Hi! Great to meet you!

So...since no one has asked this question yet (which is kinda weird i think)...

Did you just move here? Go to school here?

BTW, I read the first chapter of your story...Pretty good! :) I have written a little on the side in the past (not much recently) but I am an avid reader. I'd say you're on par with some of the published writers! :)

9. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Welcome to our little fan force.
    I absolutely agree with lobosteele, I really enjoyed your stories & hope you'll share some more with us. Real talent and thank you.

Melanie

10. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Hey, Solo, I recognise you! :) *waves*

Dana

11. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    my two cents.... pay no attention to the out of date info at the top of the page ....

12. Solo_but_not_alone

May 27, 2004
    RogueScribner - Hello!

Well, that's all I got. ? Can?t beat eloquent simplicity! Thanks, hello back! And it?s good to be here!
    ------
    Sabacc - If you ever went into FAO while it lived, you may recall their repetitive song, "Welcome to our World, welcome to our world." If not you're probably wondering, like me, why I wrote that.

Anyhoo, we're a small band, but we do have some activities, and try to keep eachother abreast of the local SW haps, so please stay awhile, take your shoes off. ?Campbell Thanks for the greeting and info! You share names with my idol?Bruce ?The Almighty? Campbell. So, by virtue of that you must be an outstanding person.

-----
    JediScout - Hello and welcome to the boards. Im also into costuming. Im a member of the 501st, and Im submitting my pics to the Rebellion also. Hopefully you can make it a meeting, or one of out lovely outtings. Sounds like a plan! Lots of good things to get me into trouble. Heheh!
    -----
    chewbacca1138 - Either way, welcome! I am Stefanie and I guess I'll be leaving in about 3 weeks so you might not meet me. At least I'll have a replacement. Sorry I wont get to bug you more Stephanie. But thanks for saying hello!
    ----
    MarasBlade - I just have to say welcome as well. I'm pretty new to the group and have to say everyone is really great! You'll have to come to and outing and meet everyone.
    Thanks Susan, I am looking forward to a meeting! Can?t wait!
    ----
    askywalker98 - I am also into costuming, and I'm currently working on Jango Fett and and X-Wing Pilot.Once again, Welcome!
    Thank you Anthony. Sounds like we share a lot of similar interest! It?ll be great meeting you all someday.

OORAH! It's a Marine thing. Semper Fi! A good marine friend once told me this: Trust a Marine with your life, not your money or your wife. I thought it was funny.
    ----
    LoboStele - Hi! Great to meet you! Nice to meet you too!

Did you just move here? Go to school here?Lived here since 92, oft found at Sci-Fi City (formerly Enterprise 1701 corrine and bumby) On and off with school here when I have the time. Just never even thought to look up the boards before.

BTW, I read the first chapter of your story...Pretty good! I have written a little on the side in the past (not much recently) but I am an avid reader. I'd say you're on par with some of the published writers! Thank you! I will be putting links to all my little zaniness in my profile, but I can link some here as well if you are interested.
    ----
    raiza123 - Welcome to our little fan force.
    I absolutely agree with lobosteele, I really enjoyed your stories & hope you'll share some more with us. Real talent and thank you. Thank you so much, Melanie. I love writing about the whole genre and I am thrilled to hear people enjoy my scribblings.!
    ----
    DantanaSkywalker - Hey, Solo, I recognise you! *waves*

Hey Dana! Great to see a familiar face?errr name here!
    ----
    Ia-Bou - my two cents.... pay no attention to the out of date info at the top of the page .... Gotcha. Ok, so I?ll check the webbie for all the info.

13. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Hey Dana! Great to see a familiar face?errr name here!

Well, technically I'm not "here" yet. At the moment, "here" is still Utah. But, sixteen days and "here" will be Orlando.

Wow, time's flown. *thinks of all she must do before moving* Eeeeeeeeek!

But hey, just think, we can discuss fanfic offline, lol!

Dana

14. Solo_but_not_alone

May 27, 2004
    You like coffee?

I have a Borders Books 10 minutes from my house! Great place to chat drink and go over the SW News!

15. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Not a coffee drinker, but I love hot chocolate. :)

Dana

16. Solo_but_not_alone

May 27, 2004
    Hot chocolate..YUM!

17. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    from Solo: //Thanks for the greeting and info! You share names with my idol?Bruce ?The Almighty? Campbell. So, by virtue of that you must be an outstanding person.//

Bruce Campbell's the man, I don't mind sharing the nomenclature. Somehow, he got all my portion of chin, so I had to compensate with a beard. Army of Darkness is a very good performance, but my favorite is in the Hudsucker Proxy: "SAY, what gives??" Oddly enough, I was just out standing by my mailbox. ce

18. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Bruce is pretty cool. In fact, he chatted with me much longer than most people when I met him (I have witnesses!) Here we go:

[image=http://photobucket.com/albums/v311/Pikaroth/bruceandbrandon.jpg]

Brandon

19. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Indeed he is. My best friend, at the time, wrote him while we we writing a script together. BCampbell wrote back a three page letter with advice and inspiration on getting into the film industry. A really admirable guy.

I cared enough to listen to the King's commentary on Bubba Ho-Tep.

20. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Brandon, I now officially envy you. Bruce Campbell is da man!

L8r

21. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Quite the week for Brandon-envy. First Evanescense, now this...

22. Solo_but_not_alone

May 27, 2004

This is the part where I drop...

I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

23. Solo_but_not_alone

May 27, 2004
    Sabacc - Army of Darkness is a very good performance, but my favorite is in the Hudsucker Proxy: "SAY, what gives??"

Aint it ironic when you talk about something and low and behold they play it on tv? Hudsucker was on yesterday adn I just had to watch it again. Bruce does wise cracking 1940's well....and any man in a fedora....bestill my heart!

24. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I knew I made the right choice during Star Wars Weekends by forgoing the exclusive pin set and getting the swanky fedora...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.