main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hello, everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by CoolUsernameHere, Jul 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolUsernameHere

CoolUsernameHere Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2011
    Hi there.
    Just joined the site a couple of minutes ago. I'm a obviously a big fan of Star Wars, along with lots of other sci-fi films and series.
    I'm a student at Auburn University. I just finished my sophomore year. I'm an English major, in the creative writing track. I'm hoping to be a published writer some day. I'm also very interested in film and television writing. I've always thought it would be cool to write for a TV series based in the Star Wars Universe. First and foremost, though, I'm a non-fiction writer.
    I just started reading Star Wars Omnibus: Tales of the Jedi. It's decent so far, and actually my first experience with SW comic books.

I'm glad I found this site, thanks to Google. I can't wait to get in on some discussions regarding one of my life's biggest loves.

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome CoolUsernameHere! :)

Really interesting username you've choosen. :D

Just a quick 'hi' from me, since I'm on reduced time, which can be noticed by my green colors.

You'll enjoy your stay a lot and you'll find some places where you can get help for your projects. So take a look around. :D

Have fun and see you around! :)

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hello, person who used their one and only post to start this thread! I'm sure you will never be back, so I won't offer to PM you my account info like I was planning to do if you were gonna be an active member of our friendly online society.

4. CoolUsernameHere

Jul 18, 2011
    PM away, man. I was busy and unable to post the day after I registered. I've been posting a bit today. I feel a tad overwhelmed by all of the subjects one can post about. I like this place, though. Seems pretty friendly.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Dagblasted, confounded pwnage!!! So, you went and made 2 posts... I'll transfer money into my PayPal account and get back to you.

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    You got owned there, MyKe. :p

You'll fit in here well, CoolUsernameHere. ;)

7. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Welcome Coolusernamehere.[:D] I hope you do stay a good long time. There is so much to do here. I'm sure you wont get bored.

Do you have a particular interest?

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC!!

If you like writing in the Star Wars universe (or any other fandom), you should check out our Fan Fiction forums! They have an awesome community, and fanfic is a great way to practise writing.

9. CoolUsernameHere

Jul 18, 2011
    I've actually never written any SW fan fiction. Well, I started a story back when I was 14 or so (roughly six-seven years ago). At this point it's only a writing aspiration and interest. I've never done any kind of sci-fi writing, but SW fan fiction would probably be the best way to put my foot into that door.

10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    You should give it a try. Even if you don't post it on the boards, at least give it a try and let your imagination run wild for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.