main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hey, Plainville Star Wars fan here

Discussion in 'Archive: Connecticut' started by Stormhammer, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormhammer

Stormhammer Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    Hey everyone,

I'm from Plainville, CT and have been a Star Wars fan since ROTJ first burst onto the screen. I have all the movies (including the ORIGINAL original trilogy, not the SE's) on DVD and a decent collection of stuff.

Any other SW fans nearby? I wish some of these Star Wars conventions would come to CT but they never do. :(

2. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    I don't have a map handy. how far is plainville from west haven?

3. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Welcome to the boards!! :)

4. Saturniia

Saturniia Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2004
    Hey! SW fan here, originally from CT but now in NY.

If you want a SW convention, the easiest thing to do is probably to create one yourself, or band together with other people. If there isn't enough resources or interest for a SW only convention in CT, petition local annual Cons for a SW track, or volunteer to run one. If that seems like too much work, attend a con in Mass or NY.

*looks at own suggestions* Hmm... :lightbulb face:

5. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    I'm a CT fan, too, but I'm in RI for school. In November there is a big convention up in MA. It might be a bit far but it should be good fun. Check out the Boston or Providence boards for details, both groups are going. :)

6. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    That convention would be the "Boston Super Megafest 2004" :)

7. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    It would be cool to meet the our brothers in CT! We are planning a trip to the Boston con also, and if possible a dinner or get together.

Any one going up and who'd be interested?

~DG~

8. Saturniia

Feb 28, 2004
    November, you say? Hmm... *looks into it* Highly unlikely, but worth a glance.

Hmm... suddenly more likely. Not to get too far OT, but is there much beyond memoribilia and celebrity signings, or is that pretty much the scope of the event?

9. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    I would love to meet up with any other CT people up there if you'll be around. I'll probably be there on Saturday if I can go at all because my choir director always chooses to have our concerts on the same day that the fanforce goes to conventions. But as of right now, I'm going Saturday.

Any of you do conventions regularly? What should I wear? I kind of want to go in costume if I have time to assemble one but I have a couple Star Wars t-shirts that might work. I have never been to a convention before.

10. Saturniia

Feb 28, 2004
    I've only ever been to a really small convention before, but just go in whatever you like, costume or otherwise. Remember to wear comfortable shoes, though!

11. rodman9866

rodman9866 Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2004
    hey storm hammer......im from branford which is about 40 miles away but i actually go to workout at a gym in plainville called FLEX FITNESS. i met the owner of the gym at a wedding last year and he was a competitive bodybuilder and i wanted to get into bodybuilding too so i go there to workout on saturday's. i'm also a SW fan too so that's the tie in for all that unnecessary backround lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.