main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hiding Evidence, or Thin-Skinned Administrators

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran, Aug 23, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Chewy

Lord Chewy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    If passivity is diplomacy, knock yourself out. I think you guys just like having sockpuppet admins who won't tell you 'no' for an answer.

This making up stuff is so vast... Geez. I wouldn't know where to begin. It's like when Padme Bra said that I deleted and edited stuff in the "deleted thread" and that's why it doesn't look so bad. He wasn't there. and most importantly NO ONE BOTHERED TO ASK ME FOR THE TRUTH. I deleted 10 conversations posts. Some were valid questions but weren't needed there and others were people trying to see if they could bother me. I agree that I was wrong in how I handled that. I was not wrong in what I said, it's just that, knowing the type of members there (the type who enjoy baiting), I should have just shut my mouth and deleted posts.

2. Crystena77

Crystena77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 1999
    Nevermind.

*sigh* I can see you are angry. And maybe now is not the time for this discussion cause emotions are running high.

I wasn't, nor did I mean to attack.

3. Princess HAL9000

Princess HAL9000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 1999
    If that is what you think the other admins are, fine Chewy.

4. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    No. Don't put words in my mouth. I think that DL has spoken up and expressed his views and now he's Villified. Vertical doesn't want to lose your respect by disagreeing with you so he's trying his hardest to be a peacekeeper even though he told me that he doesn't think I did anything wrong. IronParrot, though, has told me that he has no idea what's going on and therefore can't make an informed decision, yet he continues to post in here... There's a problem with that.

5. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    Oh so the YOU isn't ME then. Fair enough. Nevermind.

6. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    That was a joke.

7. yodaman

Feb 26, 1999
    Believe me LC, it's really hard to notice jokes in this thread.:p

8. rorywk

rorywk Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2000
    LC:
    " So, because I wasn't "diplomatic" I deserved this? I hope that you all drop this stupid ego trip before you hurt another good admin. "

Ummm, yeah, basically. Your total lack of people skills, tact, and political politeness is what initiated much of this (IMHO). The stuff about passwords, and all that other crap came afterwords.

When you get right down to it, LC, your basic "you people are retards" and your holier than thou attitude is what caused this mess in the first place.

I applaud you for your decision to step down....hopefully it will stay that way this time, instead of the 24- hour vacations that happened.

As far as IP is concerned, from what I've read he has been acting the way an admin should be acting. Not only that, but he acted in the way any sane person would....neutral until he is presented with all of the facts. For example, I read this ENTIRE THREAD and all the branches leading off in order to become fully informed of what was going on. Only then did I post with an opinion. IP attempted to placate both sides until he was informed. The whole "I'm mad at IP because he isn't defending my administrative virute" is sad. Why should he defend you? It's not his job! His job is to keep the peace and ADMINISTRATE.

Now personally, I don't know what was said in these private emails/messages that went between him, you, and other admins. I'm honestly tempted to ask for a copy so that I can see what was really going on from the admin. point of view. However, if doing so will contribute to him being demoted, then FORGET THAT! IP has been acting the way an admin should....much akin, IMHO, to the way Vertical has been acting. I personally think you should take a page from his handbook, if you ever want to concern yourself with becoming an admin again.

Now, as far as PadmeBra holdin a grudge against you...again, I don't know the whole story behind that and can't really make a comment. However, I do know that it's unwise to take all the people that think like minded with PB, and suggest that he's "manipulating" us into following him. The majority of us ARE intelligent people and can think/read for ourselves...thank you.

I don't know, this whole thing has been like one ****ed up episode of Jerry Springer. If I want that, I'll tune into the show, not go to a Star Wars page.

Oh, and the whole thing about a racist comment being made.....if it is true and it was meant as an innocent comment made to IP from LC, then cool.

If not, shame on you, LC.

I'm out of here.

<shakes head and sighs> good gawd. </shakes head and sighs>

9. Crystena77

Crystena77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 1999
    That's the problem with these boards, you can't tell when someone is joking half the time. *sigh*

Padme Bra was there during that deleted threads incident. He just didn't post, told me he was going to stay out of it so that this one couldn't be blamed on him.

10. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    You thought I meant it when I said something along the lines of, "Not you, YOU! You know who you are..." Who the hell would be talking about if I were serious?

rorwyk. You are so an alias. Please stop being an absolute idiot. If you're a newbie, you have no idea what's going on so go back to Ep II. :p It's people like YOU who make the admins not want to listen to the members "input". people who make up the silliest stories or have the most egotistical opinions.

And FYI, I answered most of what you're asking already. Try learning to read.

11. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    Do you think Vertical would be pleased that you were speaking like that on his behalf? You have resigned, and want to be respected as a regular member, so what is with you trying to convince us all who was on your side?

You want us to move on, but yet you try and plee your case....?

12. yodaman

Feb 26, 1999
    Well you started out by addressing my notion about the admins fixing the problem. And from then on you kept saying you, which since you first addressed me, I figured you were still addressing me. And then of course that thing at the end made me think you were pointing ME out.

13. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    The people left arguing here are hopeless. Please move on with your lives. I really want to help but by giving this attention, i'm only allowing you to keep it up. I admit that my arguments have degraded due to how much time I'm trying to spend responding to irrational arguments... Just read my initial posts, please.

14. Princess HAL9000

Princess HAL9000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 1999
    You mentioned Vert said he didn't think you did anything wrong initially. That is fair enough. Once the facts came out, many people realised that the thread deletions accounted for, but the WAY you handled yourself IN those thread, and particularly here by ridiculing the posters in this thread was way out of line for an admin. The issue became much deeper than deleted threads.

15. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    I'm not an admin anymore. You can't take anything I say here as what the admins say. I'm separate. I'm one of you now. You're missing the point of this thread. We have to find another active admin to attack.

16. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    LC, I think the reason that people are still replying here *is* because you are responding. I wouldn't think of that as a negative because I am sure that you read every post in here, but people like to know that you're responding to them individually; it helps them understand what's going on. I really hope people aren't posting here to point accusing fingers, rather, that they are here to understand so they *can* move on.

17. Froggy

Froggy Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2000
    Let's target BoB next. He's such a skank.

18. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    This is my only post here that matters:

"It's just that you have to turn everything into some crusade. You find conspiracy theories where there are none. Yes, sometimes the admins make mistakes. Going to them personally and being open and understanding is the only way you'll bring about change. Don't kill a fly using an axe. It serves to create more problems than we originally had."

19. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    Perhaps this is why there are problems. You just provide a quote and hope it satisfies everyone; it doesn't.

20. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    1000 posts here we come!

I'm not responsible for this anymore. I'm sorry I tried.

21. Jedi Knight Seyrah

Jedi Knight Seyrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 1, 1999
    Unfortunately, no, LC. The posts that matter are the ones where you blatantly flame members and declare that admins do not need to listen to members. THOSE are the ones at issue here.

22. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    I think you're missing the point.

You see this as some attack on any admin. First off, this isn't some attack. People want to hear from you, LC, to hear what you have to say. We aren't here to attack the next admin who posts. It's what's happening with you that has us in here, trying to understand things. That's not an admin "problem" or even a "problem" it's just people with a desire to make sense out of something, that's all.

23. Froggy

Froggy Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2000
    If someone is breaking the rules and intentionally defying the admins, why shouldn't they be made fun of?

24. Missninfan

May 6, 2000
    Why stoop to their level?

That would be the immature thing to do.

25. rorywk

rorywk Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2000
    LC:
    " rorwyk. You are so an alias. Please stop being an absolute idiot. If you're a newbie, you have no idea what's going on so go back to Ep II. :p It's people like YOU who make the admins not want to listen to the members "input". people who make up the silliest stories or have the most egotistical opinions.

And FYI, I answered most of what you're asking already. Try learning to read. "

Yeah, I'm an alias.....whatever. And actually, I do go to the EPII forums once in awhile, it gets hard reading all the "quit whining" comments.

Yeah, I'm the idiot. I'm not the one who's trying to defend her position and still acting like a twelve year old, calling people retards and idiots. Way to show some maturity there, LC...

Exactly what silly stories have I made up? PLEASE point it out to me. Egotistical? Hmmm...maybe in some areas, but not about anything I'VE posted about. Again, point it out.

I HAVE READ THE THREADS!!!! doi! :)

Actually, I think it's people like Froggy who make the admins not want to read the threads.....that, and the whole subject/topic of this entire thread is what makes admins want to not read this thread. Ugly subject and all.....

Next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.