main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Highlander] Child of the Universe * DDC 2013 * COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Hazel, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I like Claire and her back-story. =D= It must be hard living so long and losing so many friends, family over the years who of course are not as long-lived. [face_thinking] It also gives chances to form new ties, but I would imagine you would have to move around a lot because after a while, when your friends all look 50-ish and you still look 25, :p And if you had kids - wow that adds a whole new wrinkle!

Tag please, if it works LOL [:D]

Hazel likes this.
  3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    You are exactly right on the moving a lot front. On the children front - immortals are sterile, they can't have children, although many adopt. Claire will be relating all this to the diary in the future.

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    235 years as an albino. That is a lot of money spent on sunscreen. Can you tag me? I look forward to reading more.

Hazel likes this.
  5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I really like this so far! Claire's backstory is very interesting.

Is she in the movie or the tv series?

Hazel likes this.
  6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I am so glad you decided to do this diary! [face_dancing]

I was interested in Claire from your viggie, and now my curiosity is really piqued. :) What an interesting childhood - an interesting life, at that. I hope that the diary becomes more cathartic for her than it is now. :(

Hazel likes this.
  7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    You bet it is! Fortunately for her, although immortals get sunburns, they don't get skin cancer because they heal too fast.
    When i wrote the 1st viggie years ago, my mom had just gotten a new puppy who happened to be an albino. He was (and still is) so cute that inspired my muse, so i wrote Claire this way, now she his stuck with it.

I'm very happy to hear that you like it, and no she wasn't in series or the movies. Claire is my creation.

I hope this diary will be cathartic for her too, she has some lingering issues to work out as you'll find out in due time. Thank you so much for sticking with this. [:D]

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aha, didn't read closely enough. Well, I like her!

Hazel likes this.
  9. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Silly question here... if immortals are sterile, how is one born? :confused: I watched the first Highlander movie, and saw the series for awhile and enjoyed it, but can't remember why i stopped watching. I can't remember any details about it.

I like this so far. I imagine it can be rather lonely, being an immortal.

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Not silly. That is probably the biggest mystery in this fandom. In the 2nd movie they say that Immortals are aliens from the planet Zeist (?) that have been exiled to Earth - the thing is NO ONE bought that and no one likes the second movie, it's stupid. So most fans prefer for it to remain a mystery than to accept the alien thing. With that in mind - no one know where immortals came from or how they came to be. Claire will be going into some theories in future entries,

Alexis_Wingstar likes this.
  11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That sounds like an interesting life. If I was going to live forever I guess I would occupy myself with learning new skills and talents. The good thing about moving around is you are not with anybody too long. As an immortal you don't get attached to someone and then have to watch them grow old and die. If you are always on the move you can avoid that problem.

Interesting update.

Hazel likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, how cool is that - performing for famed historical figures :) Looking forward to reading more about Darius.

Hazel likes this.
  14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    And yet immortals still get attached ans watch their loved ones die of old age. More on that later on.

Jade_eyes - You'll learn more about Darius in the next few entries.

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    She has led a very interesting life--and a good one, too, it sounds like. Marie Antoinette sounds like a creep :p

If a person wants to watch the first Highlander movie and the TV series, which should come first?

Hazel likes this.
  16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I think the 1st movie takes place in the 80s while the tv series takes place in the early 90s, but they are not that compatible. They are kind of AUs to each other. The movie is supposed to be the end of the line, with one man left standing, but in the series (and the later movies) there are still a bunch of immortals around.
    So i guess you can do whatever you want. Just know that the 1st episode of the series includes the main movie character (the last man standing) .

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was a very interesting childhood for her! How exciting. :) I loved the glimpse into the circus life, and the line about Marie Antionette had me cracking up. I could actually see her asking and then being surprised when the answer was no. :p

But I am really intrigued as to Darius' interest in her. I can't wait to see as her diary develops. :)

Hazel likes this.
  18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Next entry will be about how Claire became an immortal and after that I'll introduce Darius. I'm sort of improvising this diary and I'm very optimistic. I might even start posting once a week for a while.

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awesome & poignant =D= Now I can see how she can lose and have to move on, bereft, not able to explain :( [face_thinking] Wow. You capture the hectic frenzy around that time period excellently. @};-

Hazel likes this.
  21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice update. Being an immortal is definitely not the wonderful thing one would imagine. There may not be physical scars, but what about emotional?

Hazel likes this.
  22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I guess I'll watch both :D

Oh, poor Claire! What a brutal end to her childhood :(

Hazel likes this.
  23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Thanks! :D I also wanted to convey that even after all this time it's hard for Claire to talk about it. That's one of the reasons i didn't go into much detail, that ans the Boards' rules.

There is a lot to be said about being immortal. It is no pick-nick.

You should watch both. I should warn you that first few episodes of the series (especially the 1st) isn't that good in terms of performance. They get much better as the season continues and the actors get more comfortable with the characters.

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, but that part made me ache to read. :( A very brutal glimpse into Claire's life, but a poignant one, nonetheless. =D=

Hazel likes this.
  25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Thanks Mira! As Claire will explain in future entries, immortality is triggered by a violent death, and given the turmoil of the war and all I figured this would be a likely way for it to happen.

The next few entries will be about the 'technical aspects' of immortality. As Claire remembers learning them, she recounts and analyses them in her diary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.