main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Hmm, so where DO you all live?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Sithman, Dec 4, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, i live in the suburbs of Chicago, not the actual city. If you know the town, i live in Rolling Meadows. So, what town are YOU guys from?

~Sithman~
    Merry Sithmas!

2. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    Rolling Meadows, eh? I drive through there on a regular basis, heading to/from the B&N where I work part-time. As for me, I live in Mt. Prospect... it's good to see another NW 'burber on the boards. There were only two of us active before, and I dunno if Lapis is coming over to the Snowboards. ::shrug::

Thom
    "R2-D2, it is you! It is you!"

3. Darth_Athena

Darth_Athena Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    I used to live in Brookfield... The I moved to St. Louis...

4. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Plainfield. Also known as "Tornado Alley" to everyone else. So we had 19 touchdowns in 1999 - so what? My house is still standning.

5. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Stardreamer,
    does B&N = Barnes & Nobles? If so, r u talking about the one on Golf Road? If you are, i live about 5 or 6 minutes away from there!

~Sithman~
    Merry Sithmas!

6. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Hi Sithman!
    I live in Lombard, a Western 'burb. It's nice to have another suburbnite.

JediAutobot

7. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Soon we will reveal ourselves to the public, soon we will have Episode II. :-D :-D

Hey you all!! nice to have so many northwesterners here!

~Sithman~
    Merry Sithmas!

8. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    I am also in the western burbs. Wheaton that is.

JediLars

9. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I live in Summit which is across the street from Chicago where I really spend most of my time.

Phil

10. ScoobyDew

ScoobyDew Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2000
    I live in the Far North Burbs. Zion to be exact. And look, we get to start with the star system now! ;)

11. Stardreamer

Nov 26, 2000
    Yes, B&N does equal Barnes & Noble, and yes, I am talking about the one on Golf Rd. next to Fuddruckers. ;)

Next time we have a non-con event out in the NW burbs, I suggest meeting there for coffee first. :D

Thom

12. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Fuddruckers....... oooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo. heh, that place is sooooooo good. :-D heh, um, about coffee, i'm 14, and therefore not old enough to drive. so, um, we can forget THAT i guess.

~Sithman~
    Merry Sithmas!

13. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Oooo, Sithman is a youngan too!
    Actually, I don't really live in Chicago, but about 2 hours SouthWest instead in LaSalle County.
    So, if you're watching the Channel 5 news or something, and they show the weather for the Chicago land area, they always just miss us because we are just that much outside of Chicago. It sucks, so I have to watch the Weather Channel then.
    I know that really had nothing to do with anything, but I just though I'd share it with you.

14. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I live in Burnsville!

Any idea where that is, Sithman? :D

I'm just playing with ya! It's a suburb of Minneapolis, MN.

15. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Ooh! Ooh! Is Burnsville an alternate version of Springfield where Homer Simpson was never born? "I am the absolute monarch of Burnsville. Exxxxcellent!"

Phil

16. ObiWanJane

ObiWanJane Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 1999
    Evanston here!

:D

17. jediamarna

jediamarna Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2000
    another suburbanite here. recently relocated to mundelein. by the way, i'm very envious of the star wars fans in seattle. they have the seattle star wars society. they have parties and contests and rent out theatres all the time. is there anything vaguely resembling that here?

18. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Wellll, there is Chicago Force. We recently had a Holiday outing at the Field Museum, Tucci Benucch, and Navy Pier IMAX. We had a fun time and threw a chilling Hoth-themed room party at Windy Con. We and the Moisture Farm Co-Op (from Richmond, VA) beat the Seattle Star Wars Society and Star Wars Society of San Antonio in a trivia contest with a score of 262 to 4. We're going to Capricon in February and will undoubtedly do something in January, although we haven't figured out what yet (last day of Magic of Myth at the Field perhaps?). Check out JediAutobot's Chicago Force Forum FAQ elsewhere on this board plus http://www.chicagoforce.org/

Phil

19. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Rockford here...about 80 miles NW of Chicago. I was born in the city itself, and lived there until 3 years ago...near White Sox Park...

aa :D
    from the 'other' forums ;)

20. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    hey! i JUST moved to Bolingbrook (a burb)! i have no ides where that is in relation to any of you, but-HI!

21. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    I would like to welcome all those who we would consider new to the former FF site. The CF welcomes everyone and I recommend you all to check out the web-site.

JediLars

http://www.chicagoforce.org

22. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    First off - it's "Comiskey Park", not "White Sox Park". It was White Sox park for one year, maybe two, in the early 70's.

Bolingbrook is out near me (Plainfield). Dawn, you are about 30 miles from downtown. But we are way cooler. :)

Move along. Move along.

23. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    This is pretty cool. More people! Ah, and we have a Rockford-onian. My bestfriend lives there, but I haven't been there in a while myself. But it's a great place.
    So, welcome all.

24. Stardreamer

Nov 26, 2000
    Welcome to all the FanForce newcomers! :D Don't worry, we're harmless. Well, mostly harmless.

(and yes, Phil, I know that's a HHG reference... ;)

BTW, Dawn? I'm sorry that you live so close to JediJeff. ::chuckle::

Thom

25. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Well, I'm about an hour east of downtown, in a suburb called South Bend :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.