main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.0 - "Keeping blind people away from Priuses one step at a time"

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Thok, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I mean it's a fantasy sequence within the context of the comic it's taking place in, even.

Y'know, like that scene in Hana-bi where Beat Takeshi's character shoots himself in the head. Which is what Liefeld's art makes me want to do! SYNERGY.

2. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    What? Anatomically incorrect drawings are that much of a surprise?

3. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Anatomically incorrect is one thing...that takes it to a new level...

Mitth_Fisto and greyjedi125 like this.
  4. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Someone hasn't seen enough of the comic book world :p Which really you don't need to see that much...

5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Jim Lee is getting pretty bad, too. I have to respect Lee, though - inspiring story behind his success.

Ironically, dork age artist Greg Capullo is enjoying massive success drawing Batman. This guy drew Spawn more times than MacFarlane ever did.

6. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I concur. The anatomical correctness of Jesus Christ as he unloads a can of whoopass on the Greek Pantheon is actually better than Liefield's usual work, which proves this must be a fantasy sequence.

Ramza likes this.
  7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm not terribly sure Lee was ever all that good to begin with. It's not like Steve Dillon where I can clearly point to something from, say, Preacher, and something from Thunderbolts, and be like "In between these two stages he went to ****." Lee just got really, REALLY good at covering up his deficiencies with over inking.

8. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    To be fair to Liefeld, he's just not cartoony ENOUGH. In theory, he's going for exaggeration, he's just missing the mark. That's what's wrong with it. Also, best artist ever? Jock. Or Capullo.

Oh, right: realized I own JH Williams III's first piece of Bats art from 1996. Cannot find it, however. :(

9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    We talking comics in general or just capes? The former I'd have to pick Barks, Tezuka, or Hergé. The latter I'll just be "that guy" and go with Kirby.

10. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Ahh good point. Jock and Capullo are both fantastic artists, however.

11. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Herge - I'd totally forgotten Tintin. Greatest Superman of the modern era. The Castafiore Emerald is probably my favourite, because it's side-splitting funny as well as being casually racist to gypsies. :D

EDIT: But let's not forget his progressive views on Arabs and blacks!

[​IMG]

12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, but the beautiful thing about Hergé is that he had casual hatred for everyone.

[​IMG]

13. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Ah, social commentary. :D

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Quite.

I'll admit I'm somewhat desensitized because it all looks like ****ing Disneyland compared to Tintin in the Congo. :p

Edit: Although that Birth of a Nation-esque nightmare did include the single greatest method of rhino disposal ever devised.

[​IMG]

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    *STARES AT THE LAST PAGE OF IMAGES NOT BLINKING FOR A MOMENT....*

OK..WHO's been diddling with the Bar's water and drink supplies??

Looks like a bad trip....wow.....

Grabs bottle water and makes a fresh pot of [face_coffee]..

*giggles..ah yes, I remember doing studies on those
    'impossible' body angles...hehehe :p*

Oy....

16. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    God help us all if Rob Liefield's work has now become worthy of study. That sounds like three months in the Iron Lady. :D

EDIT: *double takes, mouth gapes open at Tintin's answer to rednecks pushing cows over*

Ramza likes this.
  17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, in the immortal words of Moebius, "Turn on, tune in, drop out."

... Or maybe that was Timothy Leary.

Whatever.

18. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Well, in about eight hours from now, it will be 2013 in Perth. Personally I'd like another 2012, but, well, I got outvoted on that one. So Happy New Year from the future to all of y'all!

19. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

Well thank ye, Saint!! Since yer in the future, I'll send this to ya now..

I'll be at work, ringing in the new year.. :p

[​IMG]

*Oh..and that study...was hilarious...*
    Not just HIS bad drawings.... many, many, bad drawings.... :p

20. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Happy New Year, everybody! Just past midnight - 2013 is here.

21. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Well screw all you people that have come from the future! :p Still gotta wait twelve more hours here until 2013. Of course, even after it officially becomes 2013, I'll still be writing down 2012 until I've said "****, its 2013!" enough times that I'll remember what year it is from then on [face_laugh]

So I got my sister's fiance Black Ops 2 but, as Christmas gifts tend to go, my brother and I have been playing it before he has even touched it (though, to be fair, his hand is currently in a cast). I will say this about Black Ops 2: it has surprised me. On the campaign side at least. As over exaggerating and outright silly the campaign likes to be, its the only thing I play in Call of Duty games ever since MW2. But they are also very linear and railroady and predictable. And I played half of Black Ops 2's campaign with that exact mindset until I discovered that there are consequences and different ways that missions (and the entire game) can turn out.

And due to my mindset of playing a standard CoD campaign, I was heading to the worst ending of the game.

So I reset the campaign and I'm now doing a better run through of it :p Touche Treyarch.

22. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I've said it before...anyone who expects a post MW1 Call of Duty story to make any sense is fooling themselves :p

Black Ops 2 seems to be at least fun, if over the top and downright silly though.

23. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Still silly of course but I have to say that Black Ops 2's campaign is turning out to be a lot better then all the others. There was actually one point in the game - shortly before I reset - that had me go "Oh ****! :eek:" and I have to say that I wasn't really expecting it which, again, was very unlike CoD.

The multiplayer is still the same though. Instant death and quick scopes and whatever else that has led me to never trying it again.

24. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    There is a very real reason I only play Zombies for CoD multi. Granted, the one time I did play on Live (having never played it that way before) I proceeded to go around beating everyone senseless [face_laugh]

Much prefer Halo for that though.

25. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Nothing beats Halo for that.

Penguinator likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.