main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Hot famous people

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Some dude being Justin Timberlake. :p

2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Ms Portman amidst some controversy about having to Honor her contract to to a 2nd Thor flick

I heard about this today as various radio morning show hosts made a big howdy do about her new cleavage, accusations of implants abound balh blah blah.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
  4. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
  5. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I'm sorry... what were you saying? I wasn't paying attention, I was busy looking at................................................................

What was I doing again?

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  6. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I thought someone was going to destroy this thread. There is still time.

7. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

[​IMG]
    "It is too late. You and your fellow posters have already contaminated the forum . The harm has been done. That which does not become part of the one—shall become void."

8. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    [​IMG]

"Nearly there, and no sign of any defense yet."

GenAntilles likes this.
  9. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    I actually remember this episode....:eek:

10. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Of course you should. It's only one of the best ones. :p

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  11. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    The best, of course, being Code of Hero.

TiniTinyTony and GenAntilles like this.
  12. cipe

cipe Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Is that Torres again?

13. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    [​IMG]

14. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    lol double post

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Why is it that Natalie Portman is always "I only did another one because I signed up to do more, not because I like the movies"? If she hates doing sci-fi/fantasy cult stuff with big nerd fanbases then maybe she should, you know, stop being in those kinds of movies.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I just hope she delivers on the role. There are many people who just do not get science fiction and ms Portman may be one of them despite the fantasy of Black Swan. She did not give her role in Thor the tlc she did in Black Swan.

17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    just a guess, but maybe she does it for the cash.

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Given how much actors get paid, she should at least put more effort in. If you are paid to do a job you should at least do it well.
    Besides, she's not exactly poor, surely she could be more selective and pick roles she might actually like that she will then deliver great performances in such as Black Swan

19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    no, she's generally pretty awful. black swan being an exception.

Healer_Leona and Spider-Fan like this.
  20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    She chooses bad movies suprisingly often and puts in minimal effort, but she has shown in numerous movies that she can act well if she tries (and when she has a director capable of pushing her into delivering a good performance, something most of the directors of the average/poor movies she starred in clearly weren't interested in doing)

21. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    I think this is maybe oversimplifying the issue, but you're on to something here. Its tough in Hollywood for women. In order to retain currency and continue to get good parts, actors have to constantly be working. The catch is that there aren't a lot of good roles for women, so they end up taking bad roles just to stay in the game. The problem is that, its difficult to turn out good performances from uninspiring material (like, for instance, Thor). Not to compare Portman directly to Picasso, but its like expecting Picasso to turn out good work on an endless series of realist still-life bowls of fruit. He wouldn't put his back into it.

Jabba-wocky, are you pleased with my attempts to inject serious discourse into this loathsome thread that peddles the very objectification that leads to the problem I am discussing?

AaylaSecurOWNED likes this.
  22. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Not to mention it's Thor's girlfriend. Your not a villain, your not the hero. I mean if she gave an oscar winning performance as Jane what would that have looked like?

23. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Loathsome?

[​IMG]

Peddles?

[​IMG]

Objectification?

[​IMG]

Well, maybe. But you keep clicking on the thread to see.

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Portman's best performances came in movies such as Leon & Black Swan which were directed by people of high regard in the industry due to having made a number of good movies. Contrast this with her poorest performances in movies such as the Star Wars prequels and you'll notice she tends to have been on set with a director not regarded as particularly great, there is something to be said for that.

But as stated previously, some actors take roles in poor movies because they'll get paid regardless. A woman such as Megan Fox has no interest it seems in putting on a great performance since she goes for roles/is only selected for roles that require her to do very little other than look pretty. She is not seen as having great ability and so she is usually cast to fulfill the same roles all the time.

Portman though has a reputation and will usually be considered for movies by highly-rated directors because they believe she can deliver, Megan Fox is not one of those people.

Some actors always strive to give their best even in minor movies, Christopher Lee and other supporting and background actors are examples of this. They may at times be in it for the money, but they also have a love of acting and will always strive to deliver.

As for Portman's new clevage, maybe she's pregnant again :p

MrZAP likes this.
  25. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Actually I don't, this is the first time I've opened it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.