main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotels and Accomodations

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Uilmuteiz, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    The Hyatt has interior glass elevators that overlook the central lobby area, and the hotel is "attached" to the convention center by a skywalk; perhaps that was it?

2. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I also Believe it's the Hyatt Ia-Bou.

Vaderfanforever, tickets and rooms will most probably be two separate things, however, there might be a possibility of a combo deal with ticket and room together...

we will know most probably sometime around the San Diego Comic-Con.. I would make sure to frequently visit the Official SW-C3 web site that week-end.

and before you ask ^_^

that's the last week-end of july.

3. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I went through Wizards for C2 and booked my room at the Westin a few weeks after they were made available. I had no trouble whatsoever. Like Lucasfilm said, there will be enough rooms available from their reserved blocks for anyone who wants one.

FYI, the Mariot was the first hotel to fill up, so if you are determined to stay there, book early. I actually prefer the Westin as I think they have the best beds. It was clean, quiet, and definitely in close proximatey to the RCA dome. Plus, they have a Starbucks in the lobby! :D CAFE MOCHA GRANDE!!! :p

4. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    Yeah the only coffee I had from there was on Friday morning, since it tasted like a sheet of paper (literally) I decided to stay away from it for the rest of my stay...

Maybe I'll try them again, who knows I might like it this time.

5. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    I have read some of the post and see that people are running into some problems with getting reservations. I have been able to not only get a quote, but was also able to have that price and rooms reserved. Now the difference may be because I was making a group reservation holding 20 rooms for 5 days each rather than an individual room. If you ask to speak to a sales person then you may be able to get further than just the GM or desk rep.

Secondly if anyone is considering getting a Charter bus I will let you know that I have researched the information to great length and it can be very advantegeous as long as you have a commited group of people. Those of us in the DFWFanForce HAVE reserved a bus that can accommodate 49 individuals. The running cost that I have put together is $450 a person.

This is round trip travel from DFW to Indy and transportation to and from the CON for all four days and any other travels which we may decide within 30 miles a day. It also includes (estimated) ticket price of $100 for the 4-day event as well as room cost for 5 nights with a minimum 2 people per room. I have also put together several ideas for food options for the trip down and back.

So as you can see I have put alot of time and effort into this and if anyone that is NOT in the Dallas area would like some assistance in setting up there own group or trip I am more than willing to help. Just PM me and I will help you get the wheels in motion.

One thing that can be taken into consideration is just travel arrangements without hotel which is also an option with us at DFWFanForce. Then of course you are responable for your own accommodations and tickets, as well as transportation to the CON IF you are not at a hotel that is agreed upon by the group as a whole.

Again any questions just drop me a line and I reply as soon as I can.

Regards Fellow Fans :D

FYI Spoke with Westin and they will call me tomorrow morning with a quote. Spoke with Sherry at the Raddison and was given a quote of $140 a night.

6. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Okay, I probably sound like I'm repeating what someone else said but...If I called one of the hotels in downtown Indy in April, I should (in theroy) Be able to book my room for C3? I hope I understand that right. If not, just shake me around a little until it sinks into my head!!

7. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    Thats pretty much correct. I have also found out that most of the Downtown area is being Held by GEN CON. And you have to call them in order to make reservations the hotels will not Reserve rooms for you they will refer you to GEN CON if you call them directly.

8. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Incom4, I called the Westin in downtown Indy. The woma I talked with said that she can book 18 months in advance...NOT 1 year!! That is the one I wanted! No I'm stuck, and starting to worry about not getting a room!!

9. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Krwade3, what is the phone number for Gen-Con? And should I ask for anyone in paticular??

10. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    For people that stayed at the Westin or Mariot what did the rooms run a night?

11. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Hmm, hmmm.... (twiddles thumbs, twiddles thumbs).

Glad to see I'm not the only one going wonky over the reservations!

I'm still relaxed....but what IS that pesky Gen-Con number? And does it really work?

12. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    Wasn't given a name, but I will PM you the # so not to stir anything up.

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Gen Con they actually said not to worry until later this summer. I called them about 2 months ago.

14. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    If you want to check out the official Star Wars Celebration III website, at the bottom of the page is a contact reference for both LFL and Gen-Con.

VaderFanForever, I've sent you a couple of Private Messages, look up in the menu above next to your name. click on Private message to see them. (If you haven't yet)

As for the reservation, I agree with Kir Kanos, last time we got the room late, but still got it.

15. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    I agree you wont have a problem getting a hotel its just a matter of how close you will be depends on how soon you reserve. Indianapolis is not a huge city so travel to the Convention wont be a big factor either if you stay further out. Last time I rented a car and it would take us 20 mins to get to the Convention Center and we were 15 miles out.

16. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I don't think it will help to phone GenCon or LFL for hotel reservations. According to the C3 official site: Online ordering for admission to the event and for discounted hotel rooms is scheduled to begin late this summer. You will either need to wait for the official room block or make a reservation when the hotel you want opens it's availability.

I've been checking out info for GenCon Indy to get an idea how they are running things. Lots of interesting information and they even have forums. You can see what people are saying about hotels, food, and nightlife. They show a list of hotels in their block. You can't see prices. You are given a code when you purchase your pass and you get to the hotel info with the code.

I will say things moved quickly for C2 hotels last time. I couldn't make up my mind and every time I logged into the hotel info it had changed. Hotels (the ones in the block) were filling up quickly and others were being added. I don't remember specific rates but think most were in the $115 to $135 range.

17. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Thanks krwade3, that helps!! I am looking into getting a hotel room this week. But you guys are saying that it is better to wait until Gen-con opens the blocks of rooms...so what would anyone suggest I do? Wait till the rooms/passes open, or book my room now and get my passes later when they go on sale?

18. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Hmm, hmmm.... (twiddles thumbs, twiddles thumbs).

Glad to see I'm not the only one going wonky over the reservations!

No your not, I'm extremely paranoid about not getting passes and what not. I haven't been to the first 2 but, I HAVE to go to this one. I really wish I could order my passes and hotel room NOW

19. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    I can feel pre-reg is going to be a lot of fun for the LFL and GenCon Folks this time around.

20. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Hee, hee, I totally agree! They'll have "their work cut out for them" for sure. I don't remember this much anticipation for the last one....on my part or anybody else's!

21. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    Of Course, its the LAST one there will not be another. No C4 or C5 this is it the grand Daddy of them all.

22. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    This MAY not be the last one...I read on Rebelsucm.com (great SW site)a while back, that when Peter Mayhew signed his contract for Episode 3, it stipulated that he has to sign on for 7,8, and 9 as well...now I don't know how true that is, but if there is the possability of 3 new movies, that means 3 more celebrations!!

23. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    For people that stayed at the Westin or Mariot what did the rooms run a night?

24. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    around 250 per night.

krwade3:
    This is not likely to be the last Celebration.
    2 reasons:

1- Steve Sansweet stated that if the fans wanted something enough LFL would take it under account.. (except for episode VII VIII and IX)

2- Lisa Stevens, president of the Official Star Wars fan club stated twice now that this was very unlikely the last Star Wars Celebration.

and I'll add a third, why would we stop Celebrating our passion for Star Wars just because there is no more movies coming out.

In any case. I definitely doubt this will be the last celebration.

And now back to the hotels and accomodations ^_^

So yeah Westin is about 250 a night maybe a little less going trough the Star Wars Housing Bureau

25. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Thanks Uilmuteiz

Which od the closest Hotels is the cheapest?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.