main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit How do you feel about Star Wars being over?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Mar 16, 2012.

1. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

instantdeath and RC-1991 like this.
  2. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    yes, but at least one or two of the novels you mentioned honors the characters. Sure it sucks thta the future is fixed and unattractive, but at least these books add to the good, for the most part and not the bad.

3. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Unfourtunatly, i have to agree, Legacy is probably the end of star wars, and that might be a good thing. I thinks it's a good wrap up for a great story line, no matter how much i want to write a comic that comes after legacy. (like that'll happen!)

But i don't mind in fill in the blank stories, I find those just as interesting.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I suppose the better question is; how does Legacy War compare to The Unifying Force?

5. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The only thing that compares to The Unifying Force is Vision of the Future.

6. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Unfortunately, it only serves to highlight how much better the ending of Legacy could have been, if it had been given proper time to develop.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  7. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    I was always dissatisfied with how two Wookiee nobodies got to share the ending with the main characters but the droids weren't there. Why weren't they there? :(

8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, why wasn't Chewie in any of the rest of the story? Why does Radio Shack ask for your phone number when you buy batteries? I don't know.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Star Wars for me isn't over until Luke, Han and Leia's last on-screen appearance. Until they are out of the picture forever Star Wars is still on and even then as long as there is Jedi, Sith, the Force, lightsabers, Starfighters, The Empire, The Galactic Alliance and everything else it's not not over for me.

10. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Legacy: War was really enjoyable, but more so as "what I wish the series had been all along" than "we have tied everything together in an amazing way" like Vision of the Future.

11. mulberry

mulberry Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2009
    The sun will one day run out of fuel and die out, and everything living on earth will die.

I just can't read anything at all anymore knowing that all of our sacrifices and accomplishments will be for nothing, totally meaningless.

12. RaptorWizard

RaptorWizard Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2012
    The journey is more important than the destination so Star Wars should never end as the clash between light and dark is a eternal struggle to last all of the aeons!

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I wonder if the restoration of the Republic will be a nice new cut-off point for a new VotF or TUF?

14. samuraix87

samuraix87 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 5, 2010
    i think abeloth might show up in 138 aby thats why it hasnt been touched yet

15. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Did you see the Old Republic trailer. I thought I'd faint. It's so awesome, i feel like it's the future of SW.

Esg likes this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Those TOR trailers are what the movies and tv series' should look like. I know it would be very expensive to do but it would be very cool

17. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Interesting thought! Has someone monkeyed with the future in Legacy - that seems to be the critical trigger for an Abeloth-event?

18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Unless Krayt was supposed to come back from the dead I don't think so

19. samuraix87

samuraix87 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 5, 2010
    after abeloth was defeated luke sent 10 jedi to find mortis and the mortis dagger luke said abeloth wouldnt be back to full strength in his and jaina's lifetime