main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How long is Maul assumed to be trained by Sidious?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by BothofUs, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    Since birth?
    Since teenage?
    A few years?

lock if redundant

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. TarkinsonsDisease

TarkinsonsDisease Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    Sidious has been said to have trained him since he was a baby.

whostheBossk likes this.
  3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yup.

Darth Maul journal says Sidious trained him from birth.

4. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    Yeop, poor Sidious.. that must have been rough on him when a Padawan destroyed his life's work.

Perhaps thats why he chooses Anakin, being the chosen one.. and also mentored by the man who killed his student.

No one has really brought it up, but Sidious really did get some revenge for Maul.

hmm.. Revenge of the Sith?

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    The Sith train there aprentices until the aprentic turns on the master and kills him.

6. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    Birth...i mean this is started everywhere on the net...do some research....i think it is also on Starwars.com

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    "After Darth Sidious' first apprentice is killed, he has to come up with a new apprentice, and rather than coming up with some baby that he trains from birth, which is what he should have done--well, he shouldn't have gotten himself in a position of getting his apprentice killed anyways--he's decided to make his move, so he needs somebody that was already trained. The point is to set up that he turned this one Jedi, so that he could turn another Jedi. It has to be set up that way."
    --George Lucas

"And Dooku is kind of the fallen Jedi who was converted to the Dark Side because the other Sith Lord didn't have time to start from scratch, and so we can see that that's where this is going to lead which is that it is possible for a Jedi to be converted."
    --George Lucas

The Sith, like the Jedi, train from birth.

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. SKIMBLESHANKS

SKIMBLESHANKS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2005
    Ok 1.Darth Maul doesn't die (it says so in the book) and 2.Yes he was trained from birth.

9. LowRyder

LowRyder Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    In Darth Maul : shadow hunter it says that Maul is trained from birth. If I'm not wrong it says something like : " Born in darkness."

10. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    A sizeable portion of text containing information on Darth Maul's true early history got scissored out of Terry Brooks's TPM novelization in the galleys-phase...here's a Cinescape Online article on the material circa February 1999, prior to the hedgeclippering:

[b]The Mysteries of the Sith[/b]

You may have noticed backstory information from [i]Star Wars: The Phantom Menace[/i] popping up on fan web sites courtesy of anonymous sources in recent days. One such source contacted the Insider with a little bit of background detail on Darth Maul and the Sith. What follows isn't really spoiler material since won't be seen on the big screen (think tie-in material). Still, those of you who want to go into the movie knowing absolutely nothing (and those of you uninterested in [i]Star Wars[/i] trivia, for that matter) should probably move on to another story just to be safe.

Still here? Okay.

One quick glance at Darth Maul reveals that he's some sort of alien. Horns, strange facial markings and those eerie yellow eyes give that much away. According to this source, Maul (whose "real" name is Khameir Sarin) is from a species called "Zabrak." Observant [i]Star Wars[/i] fans might have noticed that there is a similarly horned member of the Jedi Council. He's a Zabrak too, named Eeth Koth.

So how did Darth Maul/Khameir Sarin get caught up in the black arts, anyway? Apparently, after a long search for a suitable apprentice, Darth Sidious discovered the young Force user on the Zabrak homeworld, Iridonia, when Khameir was just twelve years old. Sidious forced the lad to lay a trap for some of his friends. This ambush ended up killing seven Jedi Knights, and the after effects transformed Sarin into the second of the two Dark Lords of the Sith.

The Sith themselves were apparently formed 2,000 years before the events of [i]The Phantom Menace[/i] by a rogue Jedi Knight (never mind those comic books, I guess). Their numbers swelled, but the evil Force wielders battled each other as much as they did the Jedi. Then a Dark Lord named Darth Bane changed the rules: From his time forward there would be only two Dark Lords at a time, a master and an apprentice. Because of this rarity of Sith, the Jedi Knights of pre-[i]Phantom Menace[/i] time rarely used their lightsabers to duel. More often than not, the weapons would be used to deflect blaster shots or (presumably) for ornamental purposes.

[b]NEXT ARTICLE:
    SW Charity Screening Locales[/color][hr][/blockquote][/b]
    So...there you have it.

11. michaelbacca

michaelbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    This may seem like a foolish question, but what would happen if the apprentice turned on the master and the apprentice couldn't defeat his master? Would the apprentice continue to be trained? Would the master kill the apprentice?

This is a little off topic and for that i apologize.

12. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    If the apprentice didn't kill his master, there is a very good chance that the reason was the master killing the apprentice. After that, the Sith Master searches for a new apprentice.

Ok 1.Darth Maul doesn't die (it says so in the book)

Which book is this. If it's Visonaries, then don't listen to it. It's EU. George Lucas has officialy stated that Darth Maul is dead and he is never coming back. It would be hard to survive being cut in half and falling into a bottomless reactor core.

13. DarthRodriqueeze

DarthRodriqueeze Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2005
    I have a book from when i was 9 yrs old (thats how old i was when phantom menace came out called Star Wars Episode 1 Journal: Darth Maul. Its told in first person from Darth Maul and he talks about his childhood. He was i think kidnapped by Sidious but he doesn't remember. He doesn't remember his real name and says his old life was dead and he became a Sith lord. i remember one story from the same book. He was a little kid in Sith training and he flinched at some deadly bug or something and Sids got pissed off but there was no immediate punishment. later in his room, it was dark and then Sids had put a bunch of the bugs in the room. you get the picture

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.