main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How many seasons left?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    Hi,

In one of the "extras" for Season 5, Dave Filoni says that the current season is at "the halfway mark" or there abouts.

I took this to mean that Season 5 starts about a year and a half in the war, thus there was maybe another five season to cover the rest of the war.

When Disney took over I just assumed that with Season 6, TCW would switch to Disney XD and carry on.

Am I right?

I read the other day that Filoni has said Season 6 is already in the bag, and that Katkeen Kennedy is quoted as saying work is still ongoing on the series - which I assume she is talking about Season 7.

Has Lucasfilm ever indicated how many seasons were planned?

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IMO, the show should end around Season 8

and the show will move to Disney XD ( in the US only, i don't what will happen for the Canadian viewers )

3. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Episode VII will probably be released in the middle or latter half of 2015, considering the rapid pace of work on it. TCW could end in the early part of 2015 after its seventh season. However, that would depend on the marketing strategy pursued by Disney and Lucasfilm. It's possible that TCW could continue for another one or two seasons after the release of Episode VII. That would be my preference, but it could already be the case that an ending is planned for the show in S7.

4. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Due to each production batch beeing 26 episodes long we will at least get a s7. By the time they are finished with the s6 batch they will have at least another 42 finished episodes after s5.

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    A lot more I hope. If anything has been said by the last several episodes of S4 and the awesome episodes of S5 is that the show still has a lot of possiblity and juice in it. ]

FOUR MORE SEASON! FOUR MORE SEASON! FOUR MORE SEASON! FOUR MORE SEASON! FOUR MORE SEASON! FOUR MORE SEASON! FOUR MORE SEASON!

QuangoFett likes this.
  6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    TCW can keep going as long as it wants if it gets back on a roll again with Saturday's episode. I think season 6, 7, or 8 are all good realistic guesses but as of right now I don't want the number of seasons counted like that damn retirement planning ad that's been playing on the radio here recently that counts the number of sunsets someone sees after they retire.

7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I am all up for Season 8 and even 9. The latest episode with Hondo and David Tennant proves that it has a lot of life in it and it can bring still a lot to the table.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  8. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    ^This. :D

9. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I only want them to go up to a Season 6, is more seasons after that really needed?

10. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Is Star Wars: Episode VII really needed? :D

I certainly would like to see more seasons, if they don't start throwing out crap stories everywhere.

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Without A War on Two Fronts, this season has been excellent so far and has shown potential for the future.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  12. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    And, based on what we know, the best is still yet to come! :)

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    S5 has been really great so far.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

15. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Agreed, except that for my mileage, "Front Runners" is the culptrit!

16. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    The first 1/3 of s5 has definitely been stronger that the first 1/3s of s4 and s3. I also think the Maul arc, whenever they finally decide to air it, will be the biggest and most memorable arc so far in the series.

As long as they can continue to give us at least 2-3 good to great arcs each season, I certainly want them to continue making the show.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Unfortunately, for me I'm seeing season 4's first half as a little stronger thn season 5's. Up until "Test of Strength" it was only "Revival" I really enjoyed. I did enjoy the Mon Cala arc marginally better than Onderon and would likely rewatch it instead if given a choice between the two. Then I love "Mercy Mission" and I'm not apologetic about that. But it is seeming both seasons pick up around the same time so things are looking more positive now.

18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, you said it yourself that you love Rex and the first half of S4 had Umbara that was THE Rex arc so it makes sense that you are in favor of S4.

Mercy Mission - don't be! I love Mercy Mission too. The Aleenas were awesome!

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Its not all about Rex. I like the entirety of everything from Umbara on with the exceptions of A Friend in Need and Brothers (Otherwise I like the rest of that arc). But I am also a big fan of Obi-wan.

20. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    I was talking about the first 1/3 though, thats about the first 7 episodes, part 2,3 and 4 of Umbara was after that.

21. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I see us going at least to 7 or 8.

I could seem them going until 2015 and from there have Episode 7 continue Star Wars.

22. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    I definitely think that most of the comics, books and TV shows we get from 2015 and on will be connected to the new trilogy, or in the same era in the timeline. That’s the era Lucasfilm will consider the most lucrative at that point, since its what the general audience will be the most interested in exploring.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    "A Test of Strength" is the 7th episode of the season just as "Darkness of Umbara". For me, its the same place season 4 started to really get moving. If you liked "The Gathering" its a one episode difference which is hardly anything. For me everything since Revival has been about a 7. 7 isn't a passing grade on a survey where I come from which is about how it was for me with everything in S4 before Umbara except "Mercy Mission". I'd say that's a pretty close call.

Like Umbara, the Young Jedi arc has the advantage of mostly original characters working for it. Its just a night and day difference in tone which I liked the humor and lightheartedness in the last one.

24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Tone - agreed.

Difference also between the Young Jedi arc and the Umbara arc is that majority of the dialogue in Young Jedi is not whining about one person and the majority of characters are different from one another. And locals change in Young Jedi making the arc more diverse than Umbara.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its off topic but in personality the 501st Clones are just as individualistic as these Younglings. This arc would be even better with them shooting the pirates up and freaking Tup giving Petro the smack the head the little punk needs. =b

Actually can you imagine how funny it would be if a couple of clones were forced to participate in the training aboard the ship?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.