main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY How many times have you seen AOTC?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by bobajames, Jul 17, 2002.

?

how many times have u seen the movie....

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. 1-5

44.7%
  2. 6-10

19.1%
  3. 11-14

8.5%
  4. sicko--(15-35)

12.8%
  5. no life sicko--(36-49)

8.5%
  6. king sicko--(50+)

6.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobajames

bobajames Jedi Master star 3

May 6, 2002
  2. bobajames

bobajames Jedi Master star 3

May 6, 2002
    i'm on show 28...

-BJ

edit:: so that makes me a sicko.....

3. VLAmidala

VLAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2001
    52 and counting...

edit: and actually, dude, it oughta be king/queen sicko, since... ::waves hand:: ;)

4. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Dang im not even a sicko yet. Guess im just the dutchess for now.

5. JarJarMark

JarJarMark Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2002
    well i saw it 9 times well im not a sicko at least not yet

6. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
  7. cybergosh

cybergosh Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    CYBERGOSH, a baseball-capped lad, sits in front of his computer scratching his head, confused by one of the posts in this thread.

8. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
  9. Admiral12

Admiral12 Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2000
    I've limited myself to just 3 viewings. At $10 a show, and with many other interests, I can't see it that often. Besides, I'll have the DVD in four months, and I can watch it as much as I want then.

To VLAmidala: 52?!? Please tell me you've got kindly friends and relatives helping to support your AOTC habit. I don't mean to cast aspersions on anyone's movie habits (you can spend your time & money however you like) but damn, that's a lot of SW showings.

10. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    cybergosh, is it the question about going to see AOTC that's got you puzzled? :p

and dp4m, i'm mostly paying for them myself. :D my mom paid for a couple and the last show i went to was free, but aside from that, i'm subsidizing myself (and other people, occasionally). i've been using $5.50 passes through school, though, so it's not as expensive as it sounds. ;)

still... the fact that i've sat through over two hours of like mike without even seeing the movie - a bit terrifying, that is.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    and dp4m, i'm mostly paying for them myself. my mom paid for a couple and the last show i went to was free, but aside from that, i'm subsidizing myself (and other people, occasionally). i've been using $5.50 passes through school, though, so it's not as expensive as it sounds.

What's funny is... I didn't post that. :D
    Has my iconic usage become so recognizable that no one else should use that icon? :)
    (I have difficulty differentiating between Moe and Alan sometimes that way too...)

I, of all people, would never question how many times someone saw a particular movie... :)

12. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    Has my iconic usage become so recognizable that no one else should use that icon?

apparently so. :p

apologies, both of yas...

[face_blush]

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I have now changed my icon. No more confusion shall occur. :)

No apologies necessary. I was flattered. :)

14. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    I had to do a double take too the first time I read that.

I literally thought to myself "DP4M has only seen it 3 times?" Then I had to go and actually look at the name lol.

15. Admiral12

Admiral12 Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2000
    Sigh... I guess if I'm gonna hang out here, I should find a new icon. Or I could create a sig that says "Look again... I'm not dp4m (whoever that is)." :)

16. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Nine...Number nine...Number nine...Number nine...Number nine...Number nine...Number nine...Number nine...Number nine...Number nine...Number nine...Number nine...Number nine...Number nine...Number nine...Number nine...

17. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Woooooo!!!! I am a sicko. At least I have a life though :p

I have stopped at 15 and have no idea when I will see it again. It is time for my money to go to some other movies.

I always look at the name before I do the Icon. But hey, afterall I am a sicko. [face_laugh]

18. Moeskywalker64

Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    6 times...and for EPIII I'll try to add a zero to that number :D

Haha...Well being a lurker here for some time when I saw you guys on the line it was a huge shock for me that you people don't look like your icon...I half expected Ladysith to have a helmet and bunches of you guys looking like other characters...Well except Jedi Samantha because She was wearing a Jedi cloak, that was cool...

And I'm not changing my icon unless there is a better Taun We icon there... :p

19. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Haha Mo!

Actaully, TFN had a handmadien icon of Yané and it looked pretty much like me. Then they took it away. Damn them. So now i have another neato handmadien icon that kinda sort doesnt look like me..lol

20. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    yeah... asax ran into that same 'where'd the icon of me go?' problem when kitster got taken away. not a pretty sight when he realized... :p

barrage o' replies(TM):
    dp4m, i bet i still screw it up. i'm good like that. :p

star, i thought the same thing... the funny thing is that i did check the name, and i swear it said "dp4m". i think i need to get my brain checked.

admiral12... [face_laugh]

MS, are you trying to imply something? :p

moe - guess that makes you an aspiring sicko, eh? ;) you're the next of the nyline sophomore slumpers, for sure. :cool:

and on the topic of icons, i'm superpleased that they added another zam - the old one was sorta grody. this one rockifies. :D

21. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    According to the poll I need to get in 21 more showing to be lacking a life.

No more Kitster Icon?????? WHAT?
    I may have to pull some of my mod power to get that back.

22. Moeskywalker64

Moeskywalker64 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    "you're the next of the nyline sophomore slumpers, for sure."
    Of course I forsee that the Zieg and its sidewalk will be a second home to me as long as I figure out how exactly you guys went to the bathroom at night ?[face_plain]

JediSamantha I got confused by your name not your icon... :D

Plus what is the poll asking? How many times have you seen the movie in a theater...or just how many times...

23. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    whoo, here we go again...

ah, right, MS. does that mean that i got my life back after being sicko royalty? (considering the timing of it all... yeah, probably so. :p)

it seemed that kitster disappeared at some point during the line. amit went to post from the laptop, and his icon was gone without a trace. (that's why he's got the jedi starfighter thang goin' on now...)

moe, you just gotta sneak into the hilton bathroom. they generally don't stop you, even if you seem lost and ask, in a frozen and exhausted tone of voice, where the restroom is. :p

and methinks we're talking theatre showings... although i guess we gotta wait for bobajames' opinion on it, since it's his poll.

(and lookit me, doing the whole bolding-people's-names thing... :D)

24. ElanSleazeschbaggano

ElanSleazeschbaggano Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    Guess me & Vla get to do the spotlight dance as King/Queen of the sicko prom. Still not so sure how I feel about the word "sicko" though, but I'll also assume that 50+ means you somehow have a life again, unlike the 36-49 no life sickos.

25. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    do you suppose the struggle to reach fifty has anything to do with the loss of life? i mean, after hitting a landmark number like that, it seems like a person would be possessed of a coolness that i don't understand and could never have (but i'm wrong - i have that cool too, and in time i'll learn to use it).

maybe i do need a life. ;) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.