main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How much my Episode 1 banner worth?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Alistur, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Alistur

Alistur Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2012
    I'm trying to sell an Episode 1 movie banner and poster, but I have no idea what to sell it for. I could probably throw up a picture later, but for now here's a description:

-Banner: about 70" wide x 35" tall with only the faces of obi-wan and qui-gon on the left and amidala and anakin on the right. Across the bottom it says "BE THE FIRST TO OWN ON VIDEO APRIL 4."

-poster: shows the same people on top, above a pod racing scene, with the same words about being the first to own it on video in the middle.

Is this stuff worth anything and worth the effort to sell?

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Um...moving to collectibles.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Thanks Boba.

Alistur - if you can post a pic it would help. I could then try looking it up in my collecting books. Alternatively, you could try searching on eBay to see if any have sold recently and use that selling price as a ballpark for yours. However, there's a thread here with some pics of similar items that another user found at a flea market. Are your items pictured there?

DarthBoba likes this.
  4. Alistur

Alistur Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

I just put it on my couch. I can put up the other poster later, but this is the main thing I wanted to figure out the price for.

And thanks Laj Fett for creating a link to the flea market thing. I checked that out, but as you can see, what I have is very different.

I've looked at pages of google images, ebay, craigslist and other websites and haven't found anything I could use as a price reference.

Any other ideas?

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I took a quick look through my books and didn't see any pics similar to yours. I have a feeling it is probably too unique. I have a similar item to yours - it's a banner about 3-4 feet long and about a foot wide advertising AOTC on DVD. It was part of a campaign used on buses in Toronto. A friend of mine saw it on eBay and bought it for me. It has a head/shoulder shot of Jango raising a blaster on the left and the DVD on the right with the copy in the middle. I know I won't find it in any collecting book.

6. Alistur

Alistur Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2012
    wow, alright. Thanks for that info. I guess I can try selling it for $50 and see where that gets me. I was kind of hoping it would be around the ballpark of some I've seen on e-bay goin for a couple hundred bucks.

Thanks again

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - you could put a reserve on it and see if anyone bites. I have a feeling you'd have had more luck earlier when TPM was out in 3D.