main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

how to remove scratches in the lightsaber chrome?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Claudio Castro, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Claudio Castro

Claudio Castro Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2012
    Hi everyone.
    A small part of the chrome of my anakin’s lightsaber has some very thin scratches. I tried to take pictures of it to show you guys, but the scratches are so thin that the camera doesn’t capture it.
    Do you guys know a way to take them off? I’m thinking about using some metal polisher like brasso, but I’m worried that it could make things worth. If someone knows an effective way make the chrome of the hilt smooth again, please do tell.
    Thanks.

P.S: English is not my native language, so don’t mind some errors.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Most of the results in Google related to chrome on cars. Here's an example. Whatever method you use, try to find a piece of scrap chrome to get your technique down before trying it on a collectible. I don't have the lightsabers so I haven't had to do this. You might want to wait to see if anyone else has done this.

3. Claudio Castro

Claudio Castro Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2012
    Thanks for replying.
    I saw that topic on the net too, but thanks for the advice. I’m doing some research first, I don’t want to do anything rash and regret it later.
    I just bought my first lightsaber, I hope someone more experienced that own them for a long time could give me some advice in the matter.

4. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Check with a local hobby store that specializes in model vehicles. Oftentimes, they will have chrome parts and stuff to repair chrome.