main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index [How To Train Your Dragon 2 and Defenders of Berk Season 2]Defenders of Berk is HERE!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by mrjop2, Jan 12, 2011.

1. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Of the Pixar collection, Wall*E was the best, followed closely by Ratatouille, Up, and the Incredible.

Wow, I just thought about something. I bet the Incredibles would be a fun and easy movie to do fanfiction of. Hmmm.[face_thinking]

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    The Incredibles would make for a really fun fanfic.

3. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    I'll have to save the Incredibles for another day.

On another note, I posted up a preview of my next HTTYD story that I will be starting this summer called, The Outcast Lands. I posted it in the NSWFF bunny plots and trailers thread.

On a final note, I wrote a one shot HTTYD story in response to the fifty sentence challege: The title is Moment of Weakness

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Looks like you're right at home in HTTYD.

5. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Went to see Kung Fu Panda 2. I really think Dreamworks is getting a handle making good quality CG movies like Pixar. The Sequal was quite good, perhaps even better than the original. If they keep this up, they will start producing a long line of successful hits like Pixar has done. I am kind of worried about the Puss in Boots movie, that might cost them the momentum, but maybe it won't. All I know is after seeing KFP2, I'm even more excited about seeing HTTYD 2.

6. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Finally finished Trial By Fire (Flight of the Shadow Lord)! Hope to start my next HTTYD fiction by August or September!

7. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Have some cover art for my HTTYD story thanks to Iverna.
    Keep in mind, the original title for the story was going to be Flight of the Shadow Lord instead of Trial By Fire

[image=http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae198/ivernasolo/mrjop2.jpg]

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Awesome cover!

9. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Thanks again to Iverna! She was able to do another cover art for me for the next story which I will begin in August. Just thought I would share this fantastic cover.

[image=http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae198/ivernasolo/mrjop2-tol.jpg]

The Outcast Lands will start being posted 7/29 or 7/30

10. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
  11. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    How To Train Your Dragon is looking to be an epic trilogy! Number 2 is set for 2014 and the director says there will be new characters and new dragons? Anyone want to guess at what characters or dragons we may see?

Actually, The Outcast Lands shows who I think will probably be in number two. You can't have HTTYD without Alvin the Treacherous, Hiccup's ultimate nemesis. I also think we'll get to see Stormfly make her appearance within the next two films.

12. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Not only is HTTYD getting at least 2 more movies and a TV series... get ready for HTTYD on stage!

HTTYD Live on Stage

13. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Kung-Fu Panda 2 has made $650 million globally, making the director: Jennifer Yuh Nelson the highest grossing female director in a film in the world.

It's an honor that I think is well earned, KFP2 was probably the best animated sequel I have ever seen, one that was far better than the original.

14. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    How To Train Your Dragon is set to release a double DVD with mini-adventures that continue after the events of the movie.

HTTYD: Dragons Double DVD

As much as I love the movie, and look foward to the series, I have to admit that these kind of look corny. It's definetly not doing much to boost my excitment about the series. The series better be a whole lot better than how thse are looking. I'll rent the DVD's and see for myself.

Also, for any online gamers out there who are big fans of the movie, they are doing one for Dragons. Where you become one of the dragons from the films and fight other dragons and explore the world of HTTYD. Never been much of an online gamer, myself, and even to me, this kind of looks like a childrens introduction to the world of online gaming. If anyone has every tried it and finds it to be otherwise, let us know!

No more news, right now, on anything Dreamworks or HTTYD related. I still think they need to cut out these light hearted junk things out and stick with giving it a darker edge to it. That's what worked for the first movie.

15. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Well, thanks for all the votes that allowed Trial by Fire to earn two awards!

Again, I always have my eyes out, if there are anyone else who writes a HTTYD fiction, I will gladly post a link to it here.! I'm going to set up a list on the first post.

16. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Here is the trailer for the soon to be released HTTYD short film Gift of the Night Fury. It also comes with the short: Book of Dragons, though this is kind of a corny looking animated dragon documenatary.

Not to thrilled about the Book of Dragons, but still willing to buy the Blu-Ray for the 30 minute Gift of the Night Fury which had me laughing.

I loved the part in the clip wehn Fishlegs discovers exploding dragon eggs, and apparently wants to play a prank on someone in the kitchen. When he revealed what he did to his friends. Fishlegs is like, "Everyone's gonna be so surpised!"

Suddenly the entire hut explodes, sending a flaming debris flying, and hitting Fishlegs in the forehead and sending him to the ground. Snotlot laughs and taunts, "Surprise!"

I don't expect it to be nearly as good as the movie, but it does look to be quite humorous and entertaining.

17. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011

That utterly cracked me up![face_laugh] I want it!=P~

18. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    If reports to believe, It appears in the Gift of the Night Fury, Astrid names her Deadly Nadder Stormfly. So instead of being a mood dragon, Stormfly will be her Deadly Nadder. Well, we all knew Astrid Hofferson is the Camicazi from the books.

19. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Saw Gift of the Night Fury. It's cute, fun to watch during the holidays, but nowhere near the quality of the movie. It does, though, give me hope for the series, that it might be good.

20. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Kung Fu Panda the series started. I haven't been too excited about the series, and after watching several episodes, the series is okay at best, but at least it really keeps to the spirt of the movies. With this and Gift of the Night Fury, I have high hopes for HTTTYD the series since it's going to be darker. Kung Fu Panda is more for younger viewers, HTTYD is going to be a Cartoon Network evening series very similar to the Clone Wars.

EDIT: I've watched a few more episodes, and okay, I admit that it is kinda cheesy. The animation is horrible. It looks more like claymation. The fight seens are good, but it's not enough to save it. I still have hope for HTTYD though.

21. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Gonna be taking a break from writting HTTYD stories, but I will be gladly keeping up with the list of HTTYD stories!

22. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Well, HTTYD has the television series now. It's okay, it could use a continual story line and a villian. I was kinda hopping for somethign similar to the Clone Wars and Thundercats, but at least most of the voices are there.

23. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Well, if more HTTYD fan fiction appear here, I will put reply posts here to announce it until the edit feature is restored. I might continue to write a few more HTTYD fiction, especially now that the television series is on. The first episode of the series was actually very good; better than the sneak preview. It's definetly giving me a renewed interest in the fandom again.

24. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    I have a new HTTYD story out. It's called Journey of the Night Fury.

This is the untold story of the events that lead up to the movie: How to Train Your Dragon. Follow the journey of an orphaned Night Fury, who struggles to survive and find his place in this world, while avoiding the Dragon Queen and her herd of dragons!

Oh, on the news Front: Alvin the Treacherous (who I did my rendition of for the story The Outcast Lands) will soon make his appearance in the television series) as a recurring villian. He will be voiced by none other the man who did the voice of The Joker in the Batman animated series and movies, and played Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: Mark Hamil.

25. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    With the new feature of unlimited edits to our posts, I've updated the HTTYD story archive to add new stories that've been posted, plus updated links to all the stories in these new Forums. At least for my stories, if any new reader is curious about my stories, I can start editing my old HTTYD stories so the chapters aren't cut off. If not, they'll eventually be fixed as these boards are completed.