main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index [How To Train Your Dragon 2 and Defenders of Berk Season 2]Defenders of Berk is HERE!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by mrjop2, Jan 12, 2011.

1. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Get ready. I'm about to unleash yet another HTTYD story! Expect the first chapter late this week or early next week.

2. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Well, the HTTYD series ended, and I thought it was a fantastic series. I do hope they plan another season in the future. Well, the next thing we have to look forward to is HTTYD 2. No new details as of late.

3. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    The official synopsis of HTTYD 2

The thrilling second chapter of the epic "How to Train[​IMG] Your Dragon" trilogy brings back the fantastical world of Hiccup and Toothless five years later. While Astrid, Snoutlout and the rest of the gang are challenging each other to dragon races (the island's new favorite contact sport), the now inseparable pair journey through the skies, charting unmapped territories and exploring new worlds. When one of their adventures leads to the discovery of a secret ice cave that is home to hundreds of new wild dragons and the mysterious Dragon Rider, the two friends find themselves at the center of a battle to protect the peace.

Seeing the first image of Hiccup and Astrid nearly 18 years of age is something else!

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Nice image! I'm not super stoked about sequels (it ended so nicely!), I'll probably watch this at some point.

5. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    I wouldn't think of this as a sequel. It's going to be so different from the first movie, that's it's going to feel like its own movie. Everyone is eighteen years old, so it's probably going to be much darker than the first one. I actually think some die hard HTTYD fans would be turned away because it'll be so different. Characteristics are probably going to be different too. For me, I think I will love the new feel they bring to this. Most sequels are usually one or two years apart and deal with adults who don't change over the years. Five years to children is like an eternity; 5 years and they really do change characteristically. I wouldn't expect Hiccup to be clumsy in this one; he might even know some fighting moves.

6. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Coming this fall... Dragons: DEFENDERS of Berk!

This is season 2 of 3 of the HTTYD animated series. Season 1 was called Dragons: Riders of Berks (note the name change! Your DVR's will not automatically record the second season because of the name change) Season 3, the final season, will be in 2014 and will be named simply: Dragon Masters.

I'm assuming since HTTYD 2 will have all the characters at age 18, and season 1 and the first movie had them about age 13, that Season 2 will have all the characters at the age of 15 or 16. Season 3 probably takes place right before HTTYD 3, which means they will probably be 18 there was well.

I can't wait! Season 1 was surprisingly great! I surmise the second season will be about the war between the Hooligan tribe of Berk and The Outcast Tribe, who now know Hiccup's secrets in training dragons. That means more Alvin the Treacherous, and I think Mark Hamil does a great job bringing him to life. I also suspect the second season will be more darker than the what we've seen thus far.

I don't know exactly the premier date, but I assume it will probably be in October, which is when The Clone Wars would premier on the Cartoon Network (of course, The Clone Wars have been canceled)

7. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    First teaser trailer of HTTYD 2 is up, and it looks awesome! The only thing I hope they improve upon is that now that Hiccup is 18 years old, his voice should sound older. The voice did not match the face that that much anymore. He still sounded like that happy go-lucky 13 year old from the first movie, but maybe they just took the soundbites from the first movie or the series.

8. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    I have a new HTTYD planned, and I am really really excited about it. If I can do it write, this thing will be EPIC! I think I've created another frightening dragon that will finally outdo The Shadow Lord, I just love the theme of the story, and a new lesson for Hiccup to learn. He and the gang will be 18 years old, and Hiccup will be training to become the next Viking Chief: Hence the name of the story: How to be a Viking Chief.

My Journey of the Night Fury has only 4 more chapters to go, and then this story will begin, but I've already started story boarding it and thought up of a very touching life's lesson to be learned from this adventure.

9. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    On second thought, I might just make it a solely a FF.net story. It seems everyone around here only writes and reads Star Trek fan fiction lately. :( I'll do one chapter, to test the water, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

10. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    I've done a new HTTYD one shot which also serves as a promo for what I'm working on now.

Winter Search

11. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    September 10th is the premier of Defenders of Berk on the Cartoon Network.

12. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
  13. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    This index will no longer be updated, seeing that I'm leaving these Forums. Feel free to post about your stories here, but the first post index will no longer be updated. I don't think this is going to be an issue, because this isn't a Star Trek fandom thread. So long NSWFF JCF! I'm off to better fan fiction sites.

14. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Can't edit the last post, so I'll just post it here. Please forgive me for being disillusioned. I am going to stay here as long as I continue writing fan fiction, so this thread will continue. This thread will continue to be all things HTTYD. Got a story: I'll be glad to index it here and you can also announce it and link it as well. Got a HTTYD topic to discuss? Feel free to start the conversation here. You can also come here for all news about HTTYD and Dreamworks animation.

15. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Well, Defenders of Berk Premiers September 19th at 7:30 Eastern time. It appears this season, the characters are not be as noticeably older as they will be in HTTYD 2.

16. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    The New season of Defenders of Berk returns this Thursday! Excitement!

17. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Wow, the new season of Defenders of Berk is already better than the first season!