main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph How/where do you prefer to read?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Raja_Io, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    My reading locations of choice are a comfy armchair or in bed. I am fairly regularly guilty of reading in the bathroom, but obviously this only accounts for 3/4 minutes at a time. I used to read in the bath itself, but ever since I started high school I've switched to showers, and so had to give it up. :p

2. JediKataraDodonna

JediKataraDodonna Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2006
    I almost always read in bed, honestly. Sometimes with a snack. Reading and snacking just seem to go together, hehe.

3. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Generally I prefer to read in bed, at night, but it can vary depending on the book. For some reason I found Kerouac's On the Road most rewarding when I read it in afternoon sunlight; there was something about the tone that just fit in perfectly with the sunshine.

I have no trouble reading on buses or in cars (provided I'm not driving the thing); I haven't ever experienced motion sickness of any sort, which is positive, I suppose.

4. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Same. Long car journeys are great - I can settle down with a book and read for two or three hours solid without any interruptions. On occasion I've even found myself writing in the car. I still remember the time when I ended up doing my English Language homework in the car on the way back from holiday, the day before we went back to school . . . it's legible, too. :p

5. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

The bus is a great place for me to read. Otherwise, I usually read in bed.

6. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Quite true. Buse and train reading lightspeed time.

7. Zombi_2_1979

Zombi_2_1979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2005
    My choice reading has significantly dropped but I usually read anywhere, outside, on the bus, durng work breaks, in bed.

With the more fantastic escapism, I read even with the stereo on or headphones on low to keep myself focused and frankly don't have to hear myself sipping a pepsi, snacking or breathing. Heck I score my own literary ventures. Only the heavy stuff doesn't always work that well maybe the exception classical or classic rock.

8. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    Oh yes, trains and other forms of transportations are excellent places for reading. I too have no problems with feeling sick from motions so I usually read while travelling.

9. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.