main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Hunger Games] Capitol Stole My Soul -Mods? Shuffle Challenge

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by FelsGoddess, Jan 31, 2012.

1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Title:
    Author: FelsGoddess
    Disclaimers: The Hunger Games belongs to Suzanna Collins. I'm not making anything off of this.
    Notes: Mods Shuffle Challenge

Love Story- Taylor Swift- Mrs. Everdeen

I fell in love with a man from the Seam. Mother told me I could marry a merchant?s son. The baker?s boy cares for you, she would say. The butcher?s son brought flowers to the shop for you this morning, she?d tell me. It didn?t matter, not after that night during the Quarter Quell. The night after Maysilee died.

I left my home to wander the streets. I wanted to see her family, to tell her sister I was so sorry, but I couldn?t. I fell to my knees upon reaching the broken wooden fence in front of their small home. I don?t know how long I sat there on my knees, listening to the night birds. I couldn?t cry. I?d cried enough that day. I?d cried enough since her name was pulled. It?s impossible to hope when you know your friend is going to die.

I sat there until the birds stopped singing. I stared up at the sky, expecting the end of days. Why else would the birds stop?

I was wrong. There was a boy standing there. He crouched down next to me, singing a song about a tree. He offered me his hand. He had the dark hair of the miners, not the merchants. His voice was smooth, hitting the pitch perfectly. His voice was as moving as the words of his song. A dangerous song, but one of a murdered man and his love.

I took his hand and stood. He asked me if I was okay. I told him yes and mentioned Maysilee. He gave his condolences as we walked away from the Donner house. He asked me to if I wanted to go to the Meadow. As we walked, I noticed that the birds started singing again, only this time, they used his tune.

It would be years before I told him, before I had enough courage to leave my life and marry him.

Sometime that night, I?m not sure when, I feel in love with the man from the Seam, the man who could stop the birds with his voice.

Lips of an Angel- Hinder Peeta, Mr. Mellark

?I wanted to marry her mother, you know.?

?Who?? Peeta asked, looking up at his father with surprise. He watched as his father gestured to a small girl. ?Why didn?t you marry her mother??

?Because she ran off with a coal miner.?

?A coal miner?? Peeta responded in confusion. He had seen the life of the coal miners when he went walking with his father. Why would anyone choose to live in the Seam? In addition, his father was a kind, great man. What could that coal miner do that his father couldn?t?

?When he sang, the birds would stop to listen.?

Peeta considered this, not fully comprehending. His father ushered him forward to school and left a few minutes later, promising him that his brothers would pick him up to walk home. Peeta followed his class into the room, watching the girl with the dark hair and wondering how someone controlled the birds. He wondered if he father cared about the girl?s mother.

Let It Be- The Beatles
    - Prim

I remember the day music stopped in my house. My father had died in a mining explosion. Katniss was on the bed, rocking back and forth. She began to hum. I don?t think she knew what she was doing. It took about four minutes for her to realize what was going on. She jumped up and scolded herself on doing anything ?cheery.?
    As I sit here watching Katniss sing to Rue, I am reminded of our father. The birds in the arena are still, listening for her to finish her lullaby. I know the song, of course, I?ve heard her sing it to me many times.

I know that there is nothing I can do for my sister. I cannot save her from death. I cannot send her anything. All I can do is watch and pray that she escapes.

Sgt. Pepper?s Lonely Hearts Club Band- The Beatles- Finnick

Finnick tipped the wine glass towards his lips, wishing for something stronger. Capitol parties always made him ill, even though he had attended more than he could remember. He was like breeding stock, waiting for someone to buy him.

A couple known for their unusual desires caught his eye and smiled. These were the ones Snow had sold him to for the

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    These are all so lovely!! I especially like the first one with Mr. and Mrs. Everdeen [face_love]

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    These were a great set to read. :D

The first too is my favorite - I loved the tone and imagery of it.

Well done. =D=

~MJ @};-

4. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    Prim and Finnick break my heart. Finnick especially... omg.

And Effie... she just tries so hard to be in denial. "Rose tint my world" indeed.

5. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    I love how you've gone with some of the less written characters as well as how amazingly you've matched the songs.

Fantastic work! Prim's is just heartbreaking, but I love it so. And Finnick... such a perfect snapshot of his private hell.

6. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    NYCitygurl
    These are all so lovely!! I especially like the first one with Mr. and Mrs. Everdeen love
    Not sure why they came to mind when that song played. Thanks!

Mira_Jade
    These were a great set to read. grin
    The first too is my favorite - I loved the tone and imagery of it.
    Well done. applause

Thank you very much!

karebear214
    Prim and Finnick break my heart. Finnick especially... omg.
    Finnick...:(

And Effie... she just tries so hard to be in denial. "Rose tint my world" indeed.
    That statement sums her up pretty well. Thank you for reading!

DreamingIce
    I love how you've gone with some of the less written characters as well as how amazingly you've matched the songs.
    It just kind of happened that way. I had to listen to a few of the songs multiple times before someone came to mind.

Fantastic work! Prim's is just heartbreaking, but I love it so. And Finnick... such a perfect snapshot of his private hell.

Can't even imagine how Finnick deals with that. Thank you!

7. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Now that I'm done with the series, I can read these now. :)

Ugh, Finnick made me cry. And Effie - for some odd reason, I love that crazy woman. I was hoping she'd turn up at the end of Mockingjay, and she did!

And Peeta. :(

Great job, Fels!