main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph I am addicted to television.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jul 11, 2010.

1. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    People who avoid Arrested Development because 'everybody likes it' or 'I hate sitcoms' or whatever other reasons they cook up for ignoring it mostly just get my pity. I honestly feel bad for them that they're too stuck up and stubborn to enjoy the greatest sitcom ever made.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Well, a traditional sitcom on the regular networks...................I should have made that more clear.:p

Back-to-Back!: 2008-2009 & 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: World Champions:cool:

3. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    "True Blood"
    "Dexter"
    Loved "The Wire"

4. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    Sons of Anarchy.
    Lost.
    Battlestar Galactica.
    And I miss Rock of Love and Flavor of Love.
    BTW, anyone watch The Soup on E!? Funny as hell!

5. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I'm a huge Whedon fan so I'd have to suggest Firefly/Serenity and Buffy. Angel's pretty good too but not as good as the other two. I also really enjoyed Terminator:SCC and the first season of Joan of Arcadia.

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    1. No reality programming.
    2. I only included fictional series, not talk show-like programs that I watch such as The Soup, Daily Show, Colbert, and Tosh.0.

7. AaylaSecurOWNED

May 19, 2005
    I don't think you care for Joel McHale much anyway.

8. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    He's kind of an arrogant prick.

9. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    What is really funny is I have 70 channels on my regular cable. My landlord has the box which has roughly 1200 channels without the movie channels. Needless to say I borrowed her box for two nights while she was on vacation. Needless to say after two nights I found only two shows I wanted to watch. Topgear and Dr Who on BBC america.

Everything else was the same over and over. You got your regular channels, you got your west coast channels, you got your spanish channels and your hd channels. Alot of the same crap over and over. Not to mention the endless amounts of shows on syndication like Star Trek.

10. AaylaSecurOWNED

May 19, 2005
    It's "needless to say" that you STOLE your landlord's cable service while she was out of town?

11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000

12. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
  13. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I didn't steal it at all. I borrowed it. I don't live in an apartment I live in house. You cant put a box in any room with cable no questions asked. Oh and the cable is apart of the rent.

So I wasn't stealing anything. I was borrowing it and she gave permission. So get off my back Dani.

14. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Let's both back off, shall we?

You have to admit, though, saying you took it while she was on vacation did insinuate that you didn't have her permission. If you did, you could have said that in your previous post.

I've never seen this Big Bang Theory.

Joel McHale is awesome.

15. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Actually Leslie destroys the boys in pretty much everything. And they have shown her to be just as nerdy and a little bit cooler then the boys as well. In the case of Penny at first I was leery of her, but the last season and a half they really have shown that even the pretty girl next door is a little bit nerdy and everyone has a bit of nerd in them. I absolutely adore BBT. Especially Sheldon, heart him very much.

I loved Arrested Development and look forward to the movie. At least Cera said they were doing one, and I like think he wouldn't lie....

16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    lol I just realized I said "fictional" when I included The Pacific and Band of Brothers. I guess I just should've said "shows with a plot."

17. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
  18. AaylaSecurOWNED

May 19, 2005
    ...historical fiction is still fiction. Those aren't documentaries or anything.

I mean, Dick Winters was a dude, but he wasn't Damien Lewis.

19. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Historical fiction is usually a fictional story within a historical setting-- e.g., a fictional Union soldier fighting in the U.S. Civil War. Broader events such as major battles would be true, but smaller, more personal things would be made up by the author. Generally, in the aforementioned HBO series the people really existed and events really happened. So it's a lot less fictional than historical fiction.

20. AaylaSecurOWNED

May 19, 2005

21. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Sure, but it ain't historical fiction. :p Compare Band of Brothers to the other Spielberg/Hanks project, Saving Private Ryan.

22. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    given how prone stephen ambrose was to straight up making **** up in his books, theres no telling how much of the source material might have already been fictionalized before it was turned into a show.

naw mean?

23. AaylaSecurOWNED

May 19, 2005
    Whatever, I think it's historical fiction, you obviously have some crazy specific definition for historical fiction, but I have a normal one.

24. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Not so much with BoB, as he relied on interviews and actual records. I think it was more with some of his other works. Of course, personal recollections are prone to error, but you could say that with most primary source accounts. One thing I remember the Easy Company vets getting blatantly wrong was the fate of Blithe (from Episode 3). He actually survived and served in Korea.

EDIT: C'mon, Dani, just look at what Wikipedia says about historical fiction.

25. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    ST:TNG/DS9
    Twin Peaks
    Breaking Bad
    Lost
    Six Feet Under
    The Wire
    The Office (UK)
    Strangers With Candy
    Kids In The Hall