main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph I am addicted to television.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jul 11, 2010.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I watched a few episodes of Better Off Ted on my last plane flight. It's not as good as Community (funnier) or Modern Family (diverting) but it definitely does get better. I didn't like the first episode so much either--it took a few to get into it.

2. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    My favorite Better Off Ted episode is still the one where they replace the sensors in the building.

3. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    [face_mischief] NIAWYC

4. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    That and Jabberwocky are my two favorites.

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Agreed. It's honestly been a while since I saw the pilot, but it's not exactly fair to judge a show by the pilot. But I mean, no show is for everyone, and certainly not with comedies. On the whole, though, I seriously think Better Off Ted is the funniest show of the last couple years, yes. Perhaps it did take a while to get rolling, but I don't recall. Personally I really loved it.

But yes, the racial sensitivity episode was probably the one that really 'sold' the show to viewers. Personally I just watched a good portion of season 2 again this week and remembered how dearly I love it.

-sj loves kevin spacey

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Oh god - Modern Family season premier - so goooood tonight. Laughed and giggled and laughed again.

Community premier, can you do even better?

7. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Tonight, I had the difficult task of deciding whether to watch the season premiere of Fringe, The Office or The Big Bang Theory at 9PM. Why must Fox, CBS and NBC do this to me???

*Quickly clicks on another thread before someone mentions TiVo*

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    This is pretty much what I said to sj yesterday.

And Community delivered. By golly, it delivered. Community still holds the throne.

9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Word. Community probably eeks out Modern Family in the straight up comedy realm. Modern Family is a more balanced show overall, but for comedy alone, Community is the funniest show on TV right now.

The How I Met Your Mother premiere was really good, though. I'm hoping this means they'll rebound this season as last season was very lackluster. Because at it's best, that show is the best overall, balanced comedy on TV. But there are a number that it's in good company with.

-sj loves kevin spacey

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    On the JP season premier laughometer

1. Modern Family
    2. Community
    3. 30 Rock

Was close between Family & Community. Betty White = win, and the closing vignette was awesome. And I loved the dig at "$#!+ My Dad Says"

Speaking of which, did anyone watch "$#!+ My Dad Says". I do love the Shat, but I've heard this show is crap?

11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    so they announced the new american idol judges and apparently the response was a resounding "meh".

yeah, j. lo and steven tyler along with randy jackson who is the only returning judge. guess that's about it for this show. it had a good run.

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The only weak show on NBC Thursday was Outsourced. I want Parks and Rec. :(

13. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Anyone see HBO's 'Boardwalk Empire'? Can Steve Buscemi carry off a staring role week in, week out?

14. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I have it on demand. I'm planning to watch this weekend.

15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I have it on my DVR, and plan on watching it sometime today.

They beat Boston!: 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: Back-to-Back World Champions :cool:

16. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Looking forward to both your thoughts...

17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Same here.

$h*! My Dad Says looked really awful, even though I love Shatner.

-sj loves kevin spacey

18. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
  19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Huh, I heard about Broadwalk Empire. Let us know how it turns out, Even.

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Has anybody here watched Eastbound & Down? Caught an episode from season 1 on HBO a couple of nights ago, and it was highly entertaining (season 2 premiers this Sunday).

21. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Is Betty White on for the whole Community season or was it just the premier stunt casting? (Please be the former)

22. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    She's a recurring character. So... in-between the two. :p

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Just finished the premiere episode of Boardwalk Empire..................it was riveting television. It started a bit slow, though, but picked up after the first 20 minutes. The costume/set design are quite excellent, as you feel you're right in the middle of 1920's Atlantic City. Performances all around were quite good, especially by Stephen Graham (who plays Al Capone) and Buscemi (who does a fine job of portraying Enoch "Nucky" Thompson, a man who has a soft side, to go along with corrupt/gangster dealing side). There's a midget boxing match that's briefly shown (which I got a kick out of), and without giving anything away, Capone isn't there for no good reason. I can't wait to see how the rest of this season plays out.

24. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    I liked Boardwalk Empire. I wasn't like freaking out about it, but it looked promising and I'm looking forward to future episodes. Great dramas usually have to "grow on me". Time will tell.

Buscemi was great as always.

25. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Thanks (even though I know you weren't directing that comment at me).

How did Treme end up? Is it still going?