main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    So the great and mighty Hasbro will make the Mist Hunter for the Titanium series but they wont spend the time to make the actual vehicle for the action figures?

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    At least they gave us a little Mist Hunter. Honestly, I was pleasantly surprised just to see that.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I wish I had seen that. Most of the Titanium vehicles I have are Slave I or its variants.But I do have a Millenium Falcon and an X-Wing.

Edit - and the postman just brought the new Insider and an Amazon UK order containing Darth Maul Shadow Conspiracy.

4. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Got the Darth and Son book as a gift. Love this book!

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you like that keep an eye out for SW: Vader's Little Princess. I think the Amazon UK date was May 19.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, that book is so awesome and adorable. I didn't even know the Princess Leia one was coming out, so can't wait to see that!

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The first Vader book was timed for Father's Day in the US. I think this one is timed for Mother's Day.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Got my last 2 busts from Gentle Giant this week got my Han Solo Bespin PGM 2011 bust and my Lord Voldermort 2012 PGM Bust. Han Solo had been delayed and delayed and delayed and the bust, frankly is a dud. You can check out pics and review HERE.

I haven't written up a Voldermort review yet but he's just AMAZING. They gave me a choice of a Clone, a Rebel Blockade runner soldier, or a 12" Kenner Gamorrean Guard figure for my PGM item for last year - none of them interested me so I opted for Voldermort even though I don't have any other Harry Potter busts (do have the Gryffandor trio as nice Robert Tonner 17" dolls though) so I opted for him. I'm soo glad, Voldermort is really scary and beautifully made.

9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Got my Titanium Series Mist Hunter yesterday, and I found out that my Koto shipped on Friday. Still waiting on the loose 12" 4-LOM, though the seller had a note on his/her page saying that he/she was to be out til the 21st. I'll get a pic of the Mist Hunter in the meantime.

10. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Loose vintage Princess Leia is on her way.

whostheBossk likes this.
  11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    BEHOLD! The Mist Hunter!

[​IMG]

Actual size. :p

J_Girl likes this.
  12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'd have remembered if I'd seen that..

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I should see if I can cram 90 Rebel figures into it. :p

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Got my Zuckuss Koto today! Much bigger than I anticipated. Here's a lousy picture of it.

[​IMG]

I need to invest in a better camera and set up a better lighting rig later.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks pretty good, even if it is bit blurry...

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    So my upstairs neighbor collects Bad Taste Bears, and he's always buying stuff online. Inevitably the postman/delivery person brings parcels for him when he's at work. Postman knows I'll take them for him so he usually knocks on my door if neighbor is out. Neighbor knows I collect SW stuff and tonight he said 'thank you' with a Vader bear. I'll link to the item in question as these are a bit 'naughty'. You can see Vader here. Just a note that the 'bit' listed as 'glow in the dark' really does..

J_Girl and JUKE-SKYWALKER like this.
  17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yay! I'm happy for you, I know that you've been really wanting that Koto - Zuckuss looks cool!

Errrrrr....okay.....

18. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    My vintage Kenner ESB blaster arrived today. That completes my set of 3 (SW, ESB & ROTJ). Also have the Biker Scout pistol, the SW Stormtrooper rifle and the yellow Force lightsaber, so my vintage Kenner role play collection is getting closer to completion.

I also found TVC Han Bespin @ Wal-Mart, which is stunning, as I haven't seen anything other than a TPM TVC figure on the pegs for nearly a year.

19. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Yesterday I bought Star Wars: The Essential Reader's Companion. It's a really cool book, and helpful!

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    So, my 12" 4-LOM arrived in the mail. His articulation... or lack thereof... I'm quite disappointed. He can't hold his rifle properly, and can only really hold it in one hand. Thankfully, he didn't cost me too much, but I am disappointed in the production quality. I really wanted to use him for stop-motion. I had plans for 4-LOM.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hummm guess you'll have to save for the Medicom versions, eh?

The other day I got something that cheesed me off that I missed last year, I got a fuzzy Easter basket shaped like Yoda's head. I got him at Target for $10. While I was in line a girl behind me who was like 10 squealed that she wanted a Yoda Easter basket, her mother was all grumpy "what do you need that for, you'll only use it once a year?" Helloooo, it's Yoda, it's not like he's seasonal.

HERE are pics of my basket! (I looked on the company's website - apparently there are Darth Vader and Clone baskets out there too.)

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I liked this book as well. Some nice art in it!

23. Who's the Bossk

Who's the Bossk Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2013
    So when are new 3.75 inch figures going to be new again? It's been same old ones for months!

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Uhhh I think it's going to be a while still before Hasbro releases the new figure lines. I know that the 6" black series won't hit stores until August, not sure for the smaller ones. They sort of did this switching around of things mid-plans for the year so you should expect delays.

25. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    I finally am up-to-date on my Lego collecting! I scored a new keychain of Lego Leia which is now my new luck charm. For Christmas/Valentine's Day and a reward for passing a big professional exam, I managed to score: Jabba's new palace & accompanying Rancor Pit plus the new skiff that goes alone with it. Also found a new snowspeeder that for some reason has Admiral Ackbar and Han Solo along with a pilot. Plus, I finagled (it's a word,lol) large zip bag shaped like the Falcon [already have the small one.] I put together the Jabba's palace and Rancor Pit and Skiff. I wanted to see how they were different from the old versions. I like both the old and the new, but for different reasons. I am VERY happy that the new one has Leia as Boushh! [face_dancing] The little helmet is beyond awesome! The rancor itself is pretty sweet! I keep a Gamorrean guard in his mouth and Luke in his hand.

Trak: You new Zuckuss Koto is rockin' cool!

LAJ_Fett: That is one very naughty and very funny Vader you have there!

TrakNar likes this.