main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I guess it's time for my little speech on why......

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by IMAXPoe, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    You should vote for me! :)

Okay how do I start. I think Shelbi did a great job with her speech so plan on mine not being quite so eloquent.

Since I have joined the Tulsa Fanforce I have met some wonderful people and have had alot of fun talking Star Wars with people who love it as much as I do. I must say that I have attended all the meetings since I joined with the exception of the last because I had a wedding to attend (the meeting would have been more fun).

I would like to be a Council member so that I could cut taxes, help lower unemployment and get movie tickets to be cheaper.......wait a second. Wrong council! I understand the collector mentallity and am more than willing to help anyone find anything or even get something from the theatre if possible.

Well basically I am saying I would love to be a Council Member and would be honored to be given the chance. So I say vote with your conscious or you gut and
    May the force be with us all!

{Little edit here....I will make the Supreme Overlord RUE the day he started calling himself that, if I am elected!} [face_devil]

2. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Heh heh...you said RUE. 8-}

Well said. You seem to have a good platform. However, I have a few questions for you.

• What are your thoughts on smuggling bottles of soda and/or water into the movie theater?
    • Will you pledge to lower the price of movie theater refreshments?
    • Can you pledge to lead an effort to bring back those funky subliminal advertisements that force us to go to the concession stands and empty our wallets? For some reason, my life feels empty without them. :(
    • Are you for or against underage patrons buying a ticket to "Finding Nemo" and sneaking into "Freddy VS Jason"? Wait a second...never mind...I keep forgetting that I'm old enough now to buy tickets for "R" rated movies.

Anyway, we await your answers. All challengers are welcome to respond as well.

3. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    Okay some very good questions.

First, if I don't see the water, pop, candy from Albertson's where the candy is 1/3 the cost, or popped microwaveable popcorn in your bag then I don't care. Heck my wife and I do the same with candy but I try to buy my popcorn and pop at the theatre.

Lower concessions, easy solution. Go to Albertson's. The reason our prices are high on concession is that is where the theatre makes money. We don't get jack from tickets. Take for example Episode I, Lucas took 90% of the ticket revenue so on a $5 ticket we would get $.50. So prices are high but I again try to offset them by getting my candy at Albertson's.

Subliminal Messages, drat we've been found out. :)
    I will definately try to bring them back if I can to replace the totally unpopular pre-show commercials.

Teenie Boppers (Shelbi though you are the teenie bopper age you rank higher in my opinion by the way you carry yourself and because you are a fellow Star Wars fan) are the bain of my exsistence at the theatre., We constantly are kicking them out for sneaking in and I strive to cut them off before they try the old buy the ticket for the G film near our R film.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask anymore if you got them.

4. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Don't look at me for questions, i voted for Arnold.

5. Jacen_Solo81

Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
  6. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Caps hurts my eyes... just keep it up and next time i see you i will hurt yours... Mwa Ha Hahahahahahaha

7. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    Heath- Good speech. Strait to the point.

Luke- At this point, I think I would usually say that you will neve take over the world as long as I'm around. I don't think scaring both little and big children is the way to go. So chill out, lol. Oh, and rue was one of our vocab. terms a few weeks ago, so I knew what it meant. But I can't really say any of this since I'm campaigning, so, I'll just think it.

Edit: Opps [face_blush], this is what happens when you type and think at the same time. :D

8. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Enough with the RUEing.

I have spoken. :D

9. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    I'm sure the Lord Emperor Supreme has got his dictionary out now looking up words to say to that Billy.

Yeah the caps thing hurts my eyes too Mike. So new addition to my platform, we will have a carnival day where the LES shall be put in the dunk tank and everyone gets infinite number of throws to dunk him. We will then move to the knive throwing competition where the person with the fewest throws to dunk him will get to spinning him round while the females throw the knives. If the LES is still telling us that we will RUE the day we met him then we will all get rubber band guns and shoot him while his head is in the contraption from Minority Report that was used for eye transplants. [face_laugh] (Evil Laugh Audio Here)

10. Jacen_Solo81

Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    EDIT - poof!

11. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    You've been warned...

EDIT: Great campaign, Heath!

12. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Heath I am going to start saving sweat for the dunk tank. :D

13. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    Just moving this to the top so everybody can read and compare the three candidates who have posted here.

14. Maumi

Maumi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    This is why I think you should vote for Health. He came to our group and just became one of us! He jumped in with ideas and offered his home for book club and joined in with us with some many things. He never saw us for the weirdos we are! He keeps us updated on movies and he has good ideas and is just fun to be around!

15. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    I'm not ashamed to say that I am firmly behind Heath and his campaign. I nominated him for a reason. He shows great enthusiasm in everything he does. He is responsible, and I believe he will finish everything he starts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.